The NC. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is the DUST514 forum, right?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-14, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
SpunkyKuma
Private

I have to agree the Gauss and Scatter MAX are quite good, the Gauss is very accurate in distance but really sucks up close. The Scatter is really quite scary up close and indoors.

About the VS, the Quasar and Pulsar are awesome, the Pulsar DOES have a tight COF but the dropoff damage hurts, and the dual ammo feature is great since I can shoot grunts and MAXs at the same time with instant switching. A couple of my VS outfit members complained about the Pulsar until I told them how to properly use it and they change their mind to "hey it's not a bad gun after all".
Old 2003-12-14, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

The pulsar is an all around mediocre weapon. Being able to use the same ammo for regular and armor piercing is very nice and allows the character to be more versatile because it frees up a little inventory space. Thats not really something many people are looking for in a character though. I found it great for sniping. You could carry a decent assault rifle and pistol along with your rifle without having to use up too much space for your precious sniper rounds. *shrugs* just my two cents. While the other empires have a good stable assault weapon, the pulsar seems to serve more as a backup to a specialty weapon. Also, if I remember correctly the pulsar shots aren't supposed to have as much damage degredation over distance.
Old 2003-12-14, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Cauldron Borne
Captain

The Cycler owns all. I wipe the floor w/ JHers at range. I then proceed to own them with the just as good Sweeper. My Shoty can kick yer shoty's ass any day! Also there is nothin' like the Burster to lay down supressive fire, or shoot down unsuspecting fly boys. The thing gives no warning, and I can usually empty an entire clip before the first round hits the plane. MUAHAHAHA!

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2003-12-14, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Paintballboy
I play as VS and TR and only play NC about once a month and you wanna know why because I always get owned by lashers. Probably just because I suxors.

Just keep a little distance between you and the lasher and move laterally. Your cycler or Gauss will eat him up.

And, what marker do you shoot?
Old 2003-12-14, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

The Scatter is quite good, but the NC shield is broken, the only times its usefull is when your not firing so its useless if you have to shoot at stuff, you still die in two hits from a deci anyway. I agree that the VS lancer need some more AV punch. And both NC and VS Ma's are broken. the Guass less so, but it should have far more punch, slower fire rate, and be more accurate. The pulsar should do stacking plasma damage like the Starfire to make it more worthwhile

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-14, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Doppler
Terra it looks to me like you've done nothing but the get go since starting to play and coming to the boards then bitch about weapons balance, it's a chronic problem with you. Maybe you should go to the OF forums, you'd fit in better there.
I've already told you once, Im not going to tell you again, if you dont have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say, stfu. If you really wan't to say something like that, pm me. Just don't expect a response, or for me to read it.

[edit]
No-one is asking you to ready my threads. I believe there is an "ignore" option. Perhaps you should find it?
Old 2003-12-14, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
BDMJ
First Sergeant

Balance posts aren't constructive.
Old 2003-12-14, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Black
Buggy: TR marauder is 1st for its a great transport/Attack buggy, NC enforcer is 2nd for it can kill any land veh fairly well other then heavy tanks, 3rd is the VS thresher with i found to be ok but not the best buggy in the Auraxis world
Best weapon on the marauder is the 12mm chaingun imo. Second best thing is that it can carry 3, the Ground Pounder on it is just horrible. 1/3rd the damage, 3 times the ROF, significantly reduced splash, no clip increase to compensate or ammo capacity.

I wish they would bring back the old marauder, that was a nice assault buggy worth 3 certs. I still don't get why they changed it, was probably the only vehicle no one bitched bout or wanted nerfed hehe.
Old 2003-12-14, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Cauldron Borne
The Cycler owns all. I wipe the floor w/ JHers at range. I then proceed to own them with the just as good Sweeper. My Shoty can kick yer shoty's ass any day! Also there is nothin' like the Burster to lay down supressive fire, or shoot down unsuspecting fly boys. The thing gives no warning, and I can usually empty an entire clip before the first round hits the plane. MUAHAHAHA!

!

A TR who doesn't think they're pissed upon

So, in your opinion, what would you say is the one weapon improvement you would make, for any empire. (if any)
Old 2003-12-14, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

I have one question:

If the NC are as powerful as you say, Tera, than why aren't we having half of the world locked?

Old 2003-12-14, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
TeraHertz
Major

Lack of team play?
Old 2003-12-14, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

My ass. The alliance my outfit is in is the biggest on on Markov, not to mention being extremely effiecent. We work together, trust me.

Old 2003-12-14, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
TeraHertz
Major

Hmm, then maybe you're shit.

Joking.
I don't know. Maybe there is some kink in the NC armour. What I've noticed is that if the NC can be held at arms length, i.e. stop them getting ams's near you, you can pretty much hold them off for ever. As long as the usualy simultaneous 6 vanguards doesn't roll in, you're sorted.
The guass isn't much use if the folk inside the base keep their heads down.
The NC doesnt seem to have many AMS drivers as well.

Another thing is this, put 5 lasher uses in a corridor, you can surge own it all your want, you're still going to die. The same could be said of the MCG. Try to do the same with a JH, and you'd have to sit closer to the door, leaving you vulnerable to grenades. Door protection (especialy the back door) is a major part of a battle.
Old 2003-12-14, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Seriously, you have to play for days and days and days in a given empire before you can even begin to contemplate what it is like. Learn the CR5s, learn each weapon intamately and learn how it all operates on a grander scale. Learn the types of offensives that work and what doesnt from infiltration, and Vehicles, to MAX suits. It all takes a new flavor and life of its own on the other sides and you just cannot understand balance until you have walked miles in the other's shoes.

A WHOLE lot of shit was fixed in the last balance pass and for that I am gratefull. I think the Devs that read this forum knows whos got the score and who doesnt. Right now, Balance is about as good as could be expected from a game with as many dynamics as Planetside has and still remain fun. They are tossing out free trials like candy cause they know its a hell of a lot more fun than it ever has been. There really isnt a lot to complain about right now. After all, they have already stated they are working on the Implants and we can expect some type of Surge/Agile/HA nerf soon
Old 2003-12-14, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Cauldron Borne
Captain

In responce to Tera's question directeed my way:

The reason I don't fell like I got the but end of the shit stick is because I know how to use what is given me to its best extent. Our max's shoot faster and have larger clips, so I make sure I spit out the most shells I can, as fast as I can before I die. Our mcg is good at range and gets better as the target closes. So, I use short bursts as I am at range, and use longer and longer bursts as the target closes.

To answer the other question: I don't believe that any weapon should be nerfed. PERIOD! The maurader could use some lovin', but only in ammo capacity. The pulsar could use some damage love. and the Inf should get some love. but that is really it. The JH is not the uber weapon you all think it is. The bloody thing is a pain in the ass really, you have to get RIGHT UP TO the other guy for the stupid thing to be effective, the sweeper actually has better range.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion