Rexo Buff ?!? Is it true? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside - the perfect alternative to a girlfriend
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-03, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
Rexo should be able to drive any land vehicle period
Then there would be no need for agile. There's a method to their madness

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-01-03, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Doppler
Contributor
Major

What whould be the point of giving them more points of amor, unless something like a reaver is shooting at me i generaly run outa health before running outa armor. But yes we definitly need mroe points of deflection, i'm getting so sick of a surgile and me killing each other simultanoously.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-01-03, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Hamma
The need for agile is that it's free, so for people who spend their certs on other things this would be an option for them.
Old 2004-01-03, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Christian
I happen to love Rexo. I use Rexo with surge when I fight and I spend more time owning then I do getting owned. Most members of our outfit use rexo very succesfully. The additional armor that causes the mobility decrease isn't as bad as most of you think. I have gone against Markov's best in our "duels." In these duels the majority of the INVITED PLAYERS ONLY use agile + surge + HA. One on One I have only lost once! When you mix Rexo with surge, personal shield and of course second wind you are damn near unstoppable.

Outdoors - Surge to the target turn on personal shield and tear that @$$ up.

Indoor - Surge in Rexo armor tear that @$$ up and let second wind do its thing. Repair health, Armor and repeat.

TR Heavy Assauly users would be much better off if they all used Rexo and learned to strafe, surge, strafe, surge!
That's a great dueling set up, but unless you are just an anti-zerg defender that configuration is not too practical in the field.

First thing, your set up requires BR18 to have the 3 implants, so it's more of a testament to the power of implants rather than the Rexo.

Second, you have enough endurance for 1 fight... so now you have no armor, no health, and no stamina after getting one kill... you are free kill bait for the next enemy.

Third if you are outdoors and surging to an enemy make sure your stamina does not go below 50% ever. If you show up to a fight with half your stamina gone you are going to die walking and panting.

Fourth, in the field you will get owned by cloakers 24/7. Dark Light is not really an option, you better have it or really enjoy boomer and AMP to the back deaths.
Old 2004-01-03, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

As already pointed out, Agile is free and better than Rexo in almost every way. When you spend 3 points that someone else doesnt you should get more not less. The "need" for agile is quite simply that it is free and the benefit of free is that someone can spend thier certs in other places. That is often overlooked
Old 2004-01-03, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Professor Frink
Staff Sergeant

Give rexo 3 pistol slots. Seriously they gotta make it worth the 3 certs. I feel like I've been had.
Old 2004-01-03, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Professor Frink
Give rexo 3 pistol slots. Seriously they gotta make it worth the 3 certs. I feel like I've been had.
where would the 3rd one go
Old 2004-01-03, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Professor Frink
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mr Monkey
where would the 3rd one go
lower leg? maybe a fanny pack
Old 2004-01-03, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

3rd rifle slot and we will call it the "tripod"
Old 2004-01-03, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

give it a nade belt, and better absorbtion! And made frags do more damage (we all know they should)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-04, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Sputty
Banned

I wish they made something that really made the Rexo an actual grunt armor and not just an extra slot for a gun. the armor often doesn't help as much as speed would(surging agiles can devestate indoors with Jackhammers or SA weapons)
Old 2004-01-04, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Rbstr
give it a nade belt, and better absorbtion! And made frags do more damage (we all know they should)
give infs a nade blt
Old 2004-01-04, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

Personally, i play TR and i love the Rexo, just load up surge and learn to strafe like others have said before me but i do think that it should get some more deflection points.
Old 2004-01-05, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Cheeky25
Private

Originally Posted by BadAsh
That's a great dueling set up, but unless you are just an anti-zerg defender that configuration is not too practical in the field.

First thing, your set up requires BR18 to have the 3 implants, so it's more of a testament to the power of implants rather than the Rexo.

Second, you have enough endurance for 1 fight... so now you have no armor, no health, and no stamina after getting one kill... you are free kill bait for the next enemy.

Third if you are outdoors and surging to an enemy make sure your stamina does not go below 50% ever. If you show up to a fight with half your stamina gone you are going to die walking and panting.

Fourth, in the field you will get owned by cloakers 24/7. Dark Light is not really an option, you better have it or really enjoy boomer and AMP to the back deaths.
I totally agree. Unless you are dueling that is a bad strat. While you are strafing you will either get bolted, assulted, or smashed by a tank.

When I zerg defend (only thing I do) I just hop on the top of a gate, watch for tank shells, and blast the Barneys and Smurfs with frag grenades out of a thumper.

P.S. all TR should use the Thumper & Striker/Deci PWNAGE
Omg that guy is the biggest ass. I'd like to pull out my nine and bust a cap.
Old 2004-01-05, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Christian
Private

Heh bad strat? I avg 24 KPH....I
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion