your views on the 3 empires - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If your g/f doesn't play it, nothing will!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which empire is underpowered?
Vanu 14 22.58%
Terrans 39 62.90%
Conglomerate 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-01-03, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Rbstr
And the prowler has more armor than a van
Okay there Spork-Junior. What empirical data do you base this claim on?

I think tonight I'm going to test this on the test server and see for myself. I bet you my results are the same as Veteran's results.
Old 2004-01-03, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

your getting it mixed up the van was suposed to hae bigest gun, and medium speed and armor.
Prowler has most armor slowest speed and 2 gunners for more fire power
Magrider has most speed least armor and carzy wepons that slaugheter all but tanks(but thats ok becasue they get owned by other tanks so it ballences a bit)

EDIT: Taken directly off this sits vehicle section(http://www.planetside-universe.com/content.php?mod_id=2)

Source: Terran Republic
Type: Medium Tank
Role: Attack
Primary Weapon: 100mm Cannon
Secondary Weapon: 12mm Rotary Chaingun
Occupants: 3 (Driver, Gunners)
Handling: Poor
Cert Cost: 3

The Prowler is the largest Main Battle Tank. Having the most armor for a Tank and a 360-degree capable dual 100mm heavy tank turret, the Prowler is certainly able to devastate many targets in short order. The secondary gunner is able to control a dual Rotary Chaingun which is a small turret stacked upon the primary turret. Naturally the sheer size, weight, and firepower of this tank makes it slower than any of the Main Battle tanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: New Conglomerate
Primary Weapon: 150mm Cannon
Secondary Weapon: 20mm Recoilless Cannon
Occupants: 2 (Driver, Gunner)
Handling: Average

The Vanguard is the main battle tank for the New Conglomerate. Generally well balanced, the Vanguard brings decent speed, solid armor, and hefty firepower to the field. The main turret pivots 360 degrees and houses a 150mm Tank Cannon. The gunner can also switch to a limited pivot 20mm Recoilless Cannon for infantry supression.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Vanu Sovereignty
Primary Weapon: Heavy Rail Beam
Secondary Weapon: Light Pulsed Particle Accelerator
Occupants: 2 (Driver, Gunners)
Handling: Good

The Magrider is the Vanu Sovereignty's Main Battle Tank. Built upon Vanu Alien technology, it has the ability to hover across both ground and water. This propulsion system also gives the Magrider the ability to strafe left or right. The drawback, however, is that the Sovereignty has not perfected the anti-gravitic drive yet so weight is still a critical issue. Because of this, their primary weapon, a heavy energy rail beam has a limited forward pivot. The secondary weapon system, which the pilot controls, is a light Pulsed Particle Accelerator, and is mounted on the front of the vehicle.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-01-03 at 01:29 PM.
Old 2004-01-03, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

yeah the PSU vehicle, weapon, implant and armor pages need to be updated...
Dual-Cycler (Anti-Infantry)
Pounder (Anti-Vehicular)

Last edited by BlackHawk; 2004-01-03 at 01:51 PM.
Old 2004-01-03, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Van has more armor, and more DPS
Prowler has less armor and better DOT
Mag has least armor and insanely inaccurate cannon at more than 200m
Old 2004-01-03, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i've tested this before right afte the BP, and the prowler took more damage before being destroyed. There have been no changes sence the BP to Vehicles armor that i remember.

A Van when damaged most of the way does not take two whole cans of glue, i know because i only carry 2 cans, one in my gun one in the pack, and i have repaired plenty of vans on that much alone.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-03, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

DOT makes all the difference when you have a prowler facing a vanguard.
as for the JH, 2nd mode is supposed to be a one shot kill. they nerfed it because ppl couldn't realise this game requires teamwork, you die, friend kills NC, adv med revives you. not to mention that secondary mode has such a large COF you need to hug the target, so if he got that close, 9 out of 10 times you can only blame yourself.

and although the maker of this thread cleverly tried to hide the nature of this thread with a nice title, it's still just another thread about balance.

just give it a rest already, like I said, I play werner, empire populations are nearly the same and the TR has it's share of victories.
Old 2004-01-03, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Professor Frink
Staff Sergeant

I'm VS primarily just bear that in mind. I remember a time when the TR rolled everyone on a nightly basis. No more... I don't believe any of their weapons are very underpowered, but maybe the problem is that they have no uber type weapon. NC have the JH & the weak but extremely easy/fun to use Phoenix. We VS have the best Maxes no matter what anyone says. Those factors keep us in it. The TR are in my opinion quite balanced but have no one weapon that gives them an advantage. I say BUFF THE REPEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-01-03, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
FlakMan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Rayder
Mag has least armor and insanely inaccurate cannon at more than 200m
It's a line of sight weapon, of course it's insanely accurate

[-collection-] [-wishlist-] [-muse-] [-mars volta-] [-devart-] [-ljournal-]
Old 2004-01-03, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Fenrys
Major

Buff The Beamer!

And the mag's weapon in INaccurate at long range. Its limited splash damage and lack of a balistic arc makes it almost useless at long range.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2004-01-03 at 04:03 PM.
Old 2004-01-03, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Retroactive
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
DOT makes all the difference when you have a prowler facing a vanguard.
as for the JH, 2nd mode is supposed to be a one shot kill. they nerfed it because ppl couldn't realise this game requires teamwork, you die, friend kills NC, adv med revives you. not to mention that secondary mode has such a large COF you need to hug the target, so if he got that close, 9 out of 10 times you can only blame yourself.

and although the maker of this thread cleverly tried to hide the nature of this thread with a nice title, it's still just another thread about balance.

just give it a rest already, like I said, I play werner, empire populations are nearly the same and the TR has it's share of victories.
i did NOT make this thread to rant about balance. i have not complained about ANYTHING so far, i just wanted to figure out who thinks what via a poll.
Old 2004-01-03, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Ok i just tested it a little and it seems as if the Prowler had less armor(looking at the green bar above the tank) but when i when to repair it i used up more glue (i shot 9 decis at each and measured the glue needed to see if the absorbtion was different) repairing it than the van, i attribute this to lag most likley but it seems kinda odd, it does take the same amount of decies to kill each though. So the tanks have been added to my list of things that don't realy matter that much but would be nice to have fixed (MA-pulsar and guass suck, and AV not doing enough AV are the others) but the fix is simple give the prowler better absorbsion and a lower speed(like 48 or 47, i never realised its only 3kph slower than a van)

also i can see why the devs would sortof stealth nerf the armor on the prowler, having two independant guns makes it able to defend itself from infantry while still hitting the other thing with its cannons. and the 100mms on a whole are not that much less powerfull than the 150 and if it retained its original ratio of armor with the van it would be unstopable now (if the AV was fixed then i could see its armor getting put back were it should be)

Old 2004-01-03, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Retroactive
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by FlakMan
It's a line of sight weapon, of course it's insanely accurate
i believe he said insanley "inaccurate" btw
Old 2004-01-03, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

if you make a line of sight weapon of that magnitude accurate at range, you make it overpowered. a van and a prowler usually miss half the shots, that thing wouldn't unless the game helped it miss.
Old 2004-01-03, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

TR, slightly, our maxes need some minor tweeks, the marauder needs some ammo tweeks, the prowler needs an armor buff as well as the twelves replaced by 25s and the Van needs an armor nerf. Then all would be well.

Edit: also implies that surge gets hit with the nerf bat and HART gets axed

Last edited by Incompetent; 2004-01-03 at 04:28 PM.
Old 2004-01-03, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
not to mention that secondary mode has such a large COF you need to hug the target, so if he got that close, 9 out of 10 times you can only blame yourself.
and it's so hard to close in on someone in this game...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion