TR are losing faith!? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So, will I get paid for this quote?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-04, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
KIAsan
First Sergeant

We are not losing faith. But as one of our outfit mates said, before he quit PS, he just wasn't having fun anymore. I don't mind getting killed. If I did, I would find another game to play. But I do mind getting killed so cheaply (the one shot your dead instagib surging agile jack hammer noob come to mind). I also don't mind having weak weapons, if on balance, we had a few strong ones. But come on now, almost all of TRs best weapons are: Common pool (skyguard, thumper, deci, etc.). With the exception of the cycler, we don't really have anything on par with the NC (or cool stuff like the vs max special abilities). So no wonder the population is fleeing TR. Note to devs: If this keeps up, we might as well retire the TR, cause we will cease as a viable empire.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-01-04, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

NC on Markov suck but im not deleteing my hard worked on charectar
Old 2004-01-04, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Lithpope
Corporal

Agreeed, I will never switch, I just like the FEEL of the TR Empire weapons, I have tried other Empires when there were more than 3 servers and the feel was just not right and worst of all I would have to rely on looted Strikers, the agony!!!
Old 2004-01-05, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I have a high-level TR character that I am working on maxing out. I have a TR outfit that I have been with since exclusive beta. We will not pussy out and go NC or VS. I will not sell out. Cowardice is disgusting, and that's exactly what this is. "Oh boo-hoo, I get owned by NC Jackhammers!"

Well you little bitch, grab a fucking boomer and blow his ass to hell. THEN take his Jackhammer from his corpse and go kill his buddies. Fight like your enemies. Play smarter, get better organized.

I'm sick and tired of Fairweather Johnsons. I'm sick and tired of looking on my friends list and seeing names, wondering where the hell they are and doing a /who, then seeing NC or VS next to their names. I'm not an uber-leet killer, I don't rack up dozens of kills with orbital strikes and my MCG camping a spawn tube. But I fight hard and I lead my outfit, and I plan and device battles and strategies that allow us to fight a little smarter.

If you're TR on the Emerald server and you're sick and tired of playing home defense, if you're sick and tired of being steamrolled and pushed back, and you want to be better organized and play with well-known outfits that will support you, then unite with us. Ask your outfit command group to consider joining the ULTRA Alliance because the time has once again come for us to stand together and start kicking ass.

Loyalty Forever
Firefly, Black Widow Company
ULTRA Alliance Council Chairman
Old 2004-01-05, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

I will be Terran Republic forever; always have been, always will be. The Dragon Wolves will always be exclusively TR.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-01-05, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Riyu
Private

I'm working my way to CR5 on Markov... so maybe one day I'll be able to help out... While I'm on the topic, kudos to AzGhosthawkx for his leadership on Forseral last night. He gave specific instructions and they were executed that allowed for a very good fight against the VS.

Back on topic... The low population of TR on Markov is getting to be a problem. Usually TR can hold one set of bases on one continent while by sheer numbers (and population lock), the NC and VS usually split the rest of the continents. When TR is pinned to one set of bases, it gets frustrating since it only allows for one type of play style, which is "kill X people, die, respawn in same base."

While I don't want to start a Jackhammer debate, I do feel that many people are lured over to the NC as a result of this...

One quick tip to MCG users: Run back as you're firing! MCG has a much greater range than the Jackhammer, so if you see a Surgile Jackhammer wielding psycho running at you, run back and keep firing. Also, the MGC's cone of fire does not really change even if you're running, ducking, jumping, etc, so try and use those things to your advantage as well. On most 1 vs 1 situations in an open space (such as outside a tower), I usually win against Jackhammer users. The only places that I get into trouble is when the NC is charging a spawn room or tower and I'm limited to a certain area... Of course, I wouldn't use the MCG then... I switch to the plasma spraying Thumper!

To all TR players out there... Stick with it! Hopefully Sony will soon realize that a "desireability" problem exists and will make appropriate changes to compensate the TR. Look on the bright side! Even if they don't compensate us... at least there's more NC and VS to kill!
Old 2004-01-05, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Mudflap
Sergeant

Well, I'm just an SA grunt for the NC really. I've tried playing TR, but the TR feel is all wrong. People are uber-serious, as evidenced by some of the replies in this thread. I play games to have fun, and the TR attitude(typical attitude) along with the lack of fun weapons keeps me from ever playing my TR characters. Throw in the fact that the TR vehicles require 3 people instead of 2, and suddenly you have to rely on the teamwork of zealots that you don't care for. Although most TR players seem cool, I think most the Nazis went TR as well.
Old 2004-01-05, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

I have two other alt characters that I'm slowly working up in battle rank. But my main character will forever be Terran.

On Emerald, I like the fact that the NC and Vanu seem to have to team up to beat us. Gives me a warm fuzzy inside of me.

To all the people who switch to NC or VS from TR on Emerald; your true colors have been shown. I will hunt you down myself and kill you religiously over and over again. You have been marked a traitor to this Empire. You are marked for death. Run traitor, run to your new friends. When it's dark, and you are hiding in the corners, praying I don't see you, I will hear you breathing. Then, I will stop your breathing.

TR for Life. TR til Death. TR for your Future.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-01-05, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Loyalty Until Death!
Old 2004-01-05, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sputty
Banned

Originally Posted by Zatrais
Loyalty Until Death!
And then you die
Old 2004-01-05, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Fenrys
Major

TR has the best MA, the best pistol, and he best defensive MAX.

A few TR can delay an nme invasion much longer than the same number of NC or VS, meaning that more TR bodies are available to be thrown into the offensive on a different cont (while still holding back the nme on the 1st cont long enough for the offensive to succeed).
Old 2004-01-05, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sentrosi
On Emerald, I like the fact that the NC and Vanu seem to have to team up to beat us. Gives me a warm fuzzy inside of me.
What the fuck, do you believe that?
Old 2004-01-05, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Hamma
PSU Admin

Play TR for a few days and you will start to believe it too.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-01-05, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Mudflap
Sergeant

Strategically wedging yourself between two empires, then pushing in the wrong direction while the other empire comes from the rear because those bases are undefended causes paranoia?

And I have a BR10 TR.
Old 2004-01-05, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Spee
Colonel

Having played all 3 empires on Emerald, I can safely say THERE IS NO ALLIANCE.

NEVER, EVER have I seen a global saying "We have struck a temporary alliance with our Vanu Brothers. Hold off on the Vanu bases, and beat the Terran scum into the ground!" Nor, have I seen "Please refrain from Slaughtering the NC today. We have formed an alliance with them to crush the opressive Terrans"

All I ever see is "OMG W3 N33D MR0E TR00PZ HEER PLZKTHX"

[/tiredofconspiracies]
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion