Can the TR ever win? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Hamma has landed!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-01, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
SpunkJackel
Corporal

^^^^^^ I like this idea.
Old 2004-03-02, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Fencer
Private

Originally Posted by Veteran
NC own this game. I love the helplessness of enemy snipers as my Phoenix tears them a new pie-hole. So what if it takes more shots. I can sense their blood-pressure rising as my AV weapon forces them to withdraw from sniping without any chance of retaliation.
And you're the reason why the phoenix is and always will be a really screwed up weapon that's almost never used for it's intended purpose and will probably get nerfed in that respect in time.
Old 2004-03-02, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

No offense, but the Markov TR, as stated elsewhere, are in desperate need of guidance. I don't know where the bad eggs came in during the server merge, but they're the most back assward group I've seen. I used to think that the VS on Markov were bad (as evidenced by the fact that at one hack there were 25 people in the spawn room and nobody had advanced hacking....) but they picked up about the time of the recert.

The TR on Markov...bleh, I feel sorry for you. The TR on Emerald are much better, if that's any consolation. Konreid had some nasty TR assault elements (was NC there, so I knew first hand) and the Emerald crew excelled at breaking up assaults and raids and sending them home crying to their mothers....or spawn tubes....whatever. Combine those two and you have a fairly dynamic fighting force, and while they don't win ALL the time, we tend to not get the crap knocked out of us either.

I think the problem with Markov is seriously the response time of the CR5s. It's like nobody is paying attention to anything. The NC on Markov are no better. My VS character was trudging around Hossin and arrived when the VS had Ghannon and the rest of the cont was NC. We took everything except Mulac before the NC response grew above 8 people. Of course by this point, the VS have every facility link benefit and tons of people, so the response force gets smashed at the WG. I'm sure many of those players left and then complained about how overpowered the Lasher is.

On Emerald, especially as TR, we can't those guys to SHUT UP about continents that are under attack, especially Ishundar....jeez those guys do NOT stop asking for troops on Ishundar. Under my Emerald NC characters, I also see defined commands coming down from the CR5s...the moment an incursion begins, they get a force rolling to counter it. I don't play VS on Emerald, so I don't know what their tactics are, but I'd be willing to bet something along the same lines as piecemeal invasions are whacked upon arrival.

On Markov, it appears the concept of a defense force is somewhat foreign. We'll let them march across the whole continent and THEN mount a resistance! Yes! Why bother to stop them when all they have is a tower and can't get advanced vehicles unless they bring them in from off continent? That makes....sense! DOWN WITH THAT IDEA! We will let them fortify and dig in, and then charge into the teeth of weapons designed to be used from dug in positions! Then we will complain about how overpowered these defense weapons are as we charge blindly into them!

I remember being on Searhus as VS when it was locked by us a while back and noticed a hot spot at the Forseral tower. So I charge on over and get there to find a harasser and a couple guys. I smash them both and then blow up their harasser and the guy actually sends me a tell asking what I was doing just wandering around on a locked continent. Didn't have the heart to tell him that the VS had over 20 troops on the continent to keep little pests like them out.

The fact that the idea was unknown to these guys kind of illustrates the lack of coordination amongst the Markov TR. Improve that and maybe you won't get smacked around as much. You won't always win, but God...can you guys do something more entertaining than die in front of my guns?

Every time I fight the TR on Markov, I'm tempted to start up a character and try and raise an outfit to fight PS the way it needs to be fought, at a global level...not a zerg level.

Sorry for such a long post, but I agree with the original poster...and the idiots in the TR on Markov (which is not *all* TR on Markov, but a large portion of the visible ones) are a real sore point with me.
Old 2004-03-02, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

"And you're the reason why the phoenix is and always will be a really screwed up weapon that's almost never used for it's intended purpose and will probably get nerfed in that respect in time."

NC get nerfed? Triumph the Insult Dog has nothing on your comedic talents. NC owns PlanetSide. The devs wouldn't dare touch them. Ever. Nope.

Heh. You're right, of course. An AV weapon shouldn't be used as an AI or AE platform, but I didn't balance this game, and if I don't use every weapon to its maximum potential, the TR will eventually manage to peck us to death with their little popguns.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-02, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Watch Biohazzards video, you will see just how many NC use the stupid ass Phoenix.

Old 2004-03-02, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Fencer
Private

Originally Posted by Veteran
NC get nerfed? Triumph the Insult Dog has nothing on your comedic talents. NC owns PlanetSide. The devs wouldn't dare touch them. Ever. Nope.

Heh. You're right, of course. An AV weapon shouldn't be used as an AI or AE platform, but I didn't balance this game, and if I don't use every weapon to its maximum potential, the TR will eventually manage to peck us to death with their little popguns.
Hmm, you know there's just a lot of things that you make so easy to say about your post. Such as your tone making you sound arrogant, conceited, and out of touch with reality. However in the interest of trying to keep this thread on topic, I will forego the easily created response which you so easily invite upon yourself and say that yes, the phoenix has no business being used for AI.

However, once they fix the mouse turning radius exploit for it I suspect it'll be much less useful against infantry.
Old 2004-03-02, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Such as your tone making you sound arrogant, conceited, and out of touch with reality.
/me whispers i think thats the point
Old 2004-03-03, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Fencer
However, once they fix the mouse turning radius exploit for it I suspect it'll be much less useful against infantry.
Mouse turning radius exploit? Mouse sensitivity is an in-game preference option. It's not an exploit. Sorry, but my peeve is gonna have to be this whine.

The Phoenix is fine as it is. The only thing they need to "fix" is the bases with exposed vehicle terminals. Either make them hardened terminals that can't be destroyed or create a covering/shelter so the terminals are not liberator/flail/phoenix bait.

And to the TR problem... on Markov the TR are a cluster with no leadership past continent X is the target. Then about half way through that conflict you hear something like "continent Y is being back hacked, everyone go there". Why win or stalemate on one front when you can lose on two?

Our motto is:

"We snatch defeat right from the jaws of victory"
Old 2004-03-03, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

TR Emerald is just like that too BadAsh.

No leadership what so ever.

Old 2004-03-03, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Some Dumbass
uhhhh... how is it an exploit? It's an ingame option , that you ALSO can do. :/

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-03, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Fencer
Private

Allow me to elaborate a bit better here. As we all know certain items in the game are by design created to turn slower than others. However in the current setup it's very easy to bypass the restriction by cranking up your mouse sensitivity.

For example lets say bob keeps his sensitivity on 50% and then gets into a MAX. Suddenly he realizes he's turning slower so he cranks it up to 100% and suddenly he no longer turns slower anymore.

Get the idea now? It's using the option to bypass a designed flaw in something. You can read all about it here.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000010.html

I guess the proper term is "abuse" and not actually exploit, but you get the idea.

The same sort of thing happens with the phoenix so it can be more manuverable than it's meant to be. It will be intresting to see how the fix they say they'll do at the end of the post will affect the phoenix.
Old 2004-03-03, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

Right now the TR on Werner are having a MASSIVE drive!

Basically, we all know that a well communicated squad can help turn the tide of battle, no? (IE, put a squad of text typers up against a teamspeak/ventrillo squad and see who wins, it's always the teamspeak/ventrillo squad, no matter what skill).

So... we do the following -

Get a BIG TeamSpeak server, have 11 Platoons, with all 33 squad leaders communicating with channel commander as well, and organise a massive assault.

[Hezzy]: gg
Old 2004-03-03, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Fencer
Allow me to elaborate a bit better here. As we all know certain items in the game are by design created to turn slower than others. However in the current setup it's very easy to bypass the restriction by cranking up your mouse sensitivity.

For example lets say bob keeps his sensitivity on 50% and then gets into a MAX. Suddenly he realizes he's turning slower so he cranks it up to 100% and suddenly he no longer turns slower anymore.

Get the idea now? It's using the option to bypass a designed flaw in something. You can read all about it here.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000010.html

I guess the proper term is "abuse" and not actually exploit, but you get the idea.

The same sort of thing happens with the phoenix so it can be more manuverable than it's meant to be. It will be intresting to see how the fix they say they'll do at the end of the post will affect the phoenix.
Then in that case I�m an abuser, hacker, and exploiter. I use my superior knowledge of computer programming to tap into the menu options and slide my mouse sensitivity indicator bar from left to right. Fear my elite hacking skills!

The mouse sensitivity is an option that anyone can use straight through the user interface. Blasting someone for preferring a higher setting is as moronic as accusing someone of �exploiting� or �abusing� a vehicle�s top speed. �Well, we intended you to cruise at medium speed but those pesky full throttle abusers are moving at speeds not intended�.

That�s just fucking stupid.
Old 2004-03-03, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by BadAsh
Blasting someone for preferring a higher setting is as moronic as accusing someone of �exploiting� or �abusing� a vehicle�s top speed. �Well, we intended you to cruise at medium speed but those pesky full throttle abusers are moving at speeds not intended�.

That�s just fucking stupid.
Old 2004-03-03, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
TheN00b
Colonel

ROFL Ash
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion