Another Stealther looking for help - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Runs Great on the Internet.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-05, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
flypengy
Master Sergeant

I'm not going to start flaming either. You're the one trying to bring personal lives in to this and bring me somehow below you. Quit treating a discussion on worthless forums like it's real life, trying to bring people down online just saddens me, because you don't know me so all attempts to try to judge who I am are laughable.
Old 2004-04-05, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by flypengy
Really? I've never heard of 5 mines taking out a tank. So... *sniff* *sniff* I smell bullshit?
So you say it takes 4 mines to kill a mag... while I still don't believe you I'm not here to argue how many mines it takes to kill something, that's for some other retarded thread on these forums.
Talk out your ass much? Let's take a look back at exactly who brought up the idea of how many mines it takes to kill a tank. Oh, that's right. It was you! Imagine that. I'm sure you're just as shocked as I am.

Bringing up the amount of time you play Planetside is a direct response to you trying to point at your overall xp as if it amounts to a damn thing. Your flailing about trying to validate the time in game (as well as showing how amazingly socially rounded you are) does nothing but prove the point sticks when you'd rather it didn't. It's also rather amusing the way you're advising somebody about infiltrating when the vast majority of your kills were with the Jackhammer, something the individual has already stated they are staying away from.
And please, while we're talking about bullshit let's not pretend that your VS character's 2k+ kills all happened over a weekend. We've already shown that you spend an inordinate amount of time on the game, which is certainly your right, but I saw that character on Emerald for a few weeks. I saw the name in the killspam when I logged on, and it was still in the killspam when I logged off. Granted, I'm only playing 2-3 hours a few nights a week and don't come close to the hardcore approach, but there were few nights I didn't come across the name whenever I did log on.
If you think there are better ways to infil and get xp, more power to you. I'm just some guy with 4 chars who probably only has 5k or so kills between them all. I don't play every day and I don't put in the same hours. I have, however, done almost strictly infil from the beginning and have found exactly the playstyle that maximizes my BEP. If it wouldn't work for you, great. No big deal to me. The fact of the matter is one of the two of us wasn't even aware (and still refuses to accept) damage numbers for a weapon we're talking about. How about you spend 30 minutes of the ton of time you'll be playing in the next week and try out mines? How about after that you get back to me and let me know how many mines it takes to kill different items, since I'm so full of shit? I'd love to see exactly how you handle admitting being wrong, although I do doubt you have the stones to do it.
Old 2004-04-05, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Angrymoo, according to Dicepoint in 6 days of play, pengy got 2444 kills, and one of those days he got 1161...

=/

Old 2004-04-05, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Why are you bringing up posts from long ago? I got from br 11 to br 18 in one weekend. I played very occasionally during the week, so there is no way you saw me all week playing when you logged on and when you logged off. If you want ot ask the person I was duo'ing with, feel free to. I started on friday of last weekend and stopped playing it on sunday (hardcore).

My life is my own. If you really would like to try and tell me about how I'm a loser for whatever I do then feel free to, I really don't care what some anonymous person says about my personal life (and you have no clue what my life is, so please do not talk like you know). Every time you make mention of it really shows me that your argument is nothing but moronic put downs and holding on to the same argument (which I could care less about). I really don't care how many mines it takes to kill something, why would I? I don't enjoy driving anything, and doing CE is monitonous.

Most of my kills are not from the JH, they are from reaver, which is what I'm telling him to keep instead of CE. Kills = bep. Do not act like you know my playstyle, because you really don't. Trying to make assumptions about me is not very smart. Most of the other skilled players on markov would tell you that I'm not all that great of a grunt and I admit it.

I have done CE, I don't care for it. I don't know how many mines it takes to take out mags, prowlers, flails, sunderers, and deliverers. After spending that whole weekend playing my vs (a ton of that time of which I was driving a mag) I remain skeptical as to the amount of mines you claim it takes to take down a mag.

So... let me get to my point. Quit making stupid preschool arguments about what a loser I am because I play planetside more than you (would you make fun of me too because I chose to spend most of my time in high school swimming on a team, or do you just think that people that spend more time than you on something are some how below you?), quit trying to argue about how many mines it takes to kill something (I really could care less, your mines will never kill me with your lame 'tactic'), and try arguing what I repeatedly bring up....

Reaver and mosquito are better at getting bep than running around trying to find injured vehicles and putting mines next to them.

*waits for another pathetic post about what a loser I am for playing planetside more than him*

(btw you were right, I didn't get 2000+ kills in one weekend I got 1500+)

Last edited by flypengy; 2004-04-05 at 05:34 PM.
Old 2004-04-05, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
Angrymoo, according to Dicepoint in 6 days of play, pengy got 2444 kills, and one of those days he got 1161...

=/
Actually, the 1161 kills was over a 4 day period. It appears he was most likely between outfits at the time, but it could also be just a Dice hiccup. As a matter of fact, it looks like the kills pretty much happened over the course of a few weeks which is exactly the amount of time I said I saw him in the game whenever I logged on. No matter in the long run, it's all the same. Pengy has lots of kills and plays more than the average person. Pengy and I have different playstyles. Personally I feel like all of these are much less the point than trying to rip on something that your brutally ignorant about, but that's just me.
Old 2004-04-05, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
flypengy
Master Sergeant

I made on saying about how I thought you were wrong, you're the one that keeps ripping on me about it. I've repeatedly mentioned that I am skeptical, and being skeptical would mean that I don't know. You have a hard on to point out this same thing over and over, along with the fact that I play more than you (which apparently makes me lower than you). You refuse to argue my point.

Reaver and mosq > than running around as infil trying to find damaged tanks

(And now you're claiming you saw me play over the course of several weeks, so now I know you're really spouting nonsense, and that is not a dicepoint hicup. I was never in an outfit until a few days before this past weekend)

Last edited by flypengy; 2004-04-05 at 05:42 PM.
Old 2004-04-05, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

His Outfit Points fit playing 6 days, if there are some missing days, its prolly cause Dicepoint was down...

So even if he got them in 10 days, I dont even get that a month...

Old 2004-04-05, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Why are you bringing up posts from long ago? I got from br 11 to br 18 in one weekend. I played very occasionally during the week, so there is no way you saw me all week playing when you logged on and when you logged off. If you want ot ask the person I was duo'ing with, feel free to. I started on friday of last weekend and stopped playing it on sunday (hardcore).
Okay, 11 to 18 in a weekend. That's cool. I'm glad you had the time to put in to do that, that's wonderful. Have a cookie.

My life is my own. If you really would like to try and tell me about how I'm a loser for whatever I do then feel free to, I really don't care what some anonymous person says about my personal life (and you have no clue what my life is, so please do not talk like you know). Every time you make mention of it really shows me that your argument is nothing but moronic put downs and holding on to the same argument (which I could care less about). I really don't care how many mines it takes to kill something, why would I? I don't enjoy driving anything, and doing CE is monitonous.
Obviously the life comments bother you, so I'll apologize. See, it's not that hard to do. I apologize for bringing something up that seems to bother you as you keep responding to it. The idea that this one point makes my argument moronic, whereas your comments which showcased your ignorance about the very item we were discussing somehow does not make your argument moronic, well...I'll let you work that one out.

Okay, you don't care how many mines it takes to kill something. CE does not mesh with your playstyle. Fair enough. Then again, to say (just because you don't enjoy it) that it doesn't work for xp or is worthless, well again that's just blind.

Most of my kills are not from the JH, they are from reaver, which is what I'm telling him to keep instead of CE. Kills = bep. Do not act like you know my playstyle, because you really don't. Trying to make assumptions about me is not very smart. Most of the other skilled players on markov would tell you that I'm not all that great of a grunt and I admit it.
None of my comments have been based on assumption. I have seen you on Markov with one character and seen you on Emerald with another character. To the best of my knowledge we've only battled once, a dogfight which I won almost certainly because you were gimped when I got to you. I have, however, noticed your name in the killspam on Markov with a Jackhammer next to it far more often than anything else. I guess I just happened to catch you at the wrong times.

I have done CE, I don't care for it. I don't know how many mines it takes to take out mags, prowlers, flails, sunderers, and deliverers. After spending that whole weekend playing my vs (a ton of that time of which I was driving a mag) I remain skeptical as to the amount of mines you claim it takes to take down a mag.
Okay, now we're back to the meat of the matter. You don't care for CE, no big deal. You admit to not knowing how many mines it takes to kill things, but then turn around and in as nice a way as possible call bullshit on me once again. You can't help yourself. You keep mentioning how it doesn't matter to you how many mines it takes, but every time you have to punctuate it with calling bullshit on me regarding a matter I'm pretty well versed in and which you admit you know jack shit about. I say again, sacrifice 30 minutes of your next play session, get CE and get back to me. Until you know what you're talking about, you really should just shut up about the mines. Saying "I don't care" about the mines begins to lose it's force the 30th time you turn around and tell me I'm obviously wrong about how many mines it takes to kill things.

So... let me get to my point. Quit making stupid preschool arguments about what a loser I am because I play planetside more than you (would you make fun of me too because I chose to spend most of my time in high school swimming on a team, or do you just think that people that spend more time than you on something are some how below you?), quit trying to argue about how many mines it takes to kill something (I really could care less, your mines will never kill me with your lame 'tactic'), and try arguing what I repeatedly bring up....
Now you'll get to your point? Wow.

At no point in time have I ripped you for playing PS quite a bit. I did rip you for pointing to your xp as if it meant shit, because all it truly does mean is that you play more than other people do. You choose to spend your free time, or at least a good chunk of it, playing the game. Whatever. I don't really care how you spend your extra time. I don't think that it somehow makes you the be-all, end-all of PS knowledge, however. I don't play nearly as much as you and I'm still able to provide information you don't know about. That's the point. Get it? Or do you want to flex your kill count some more?

And once again you bring up not caring about the mines. It is hard to admit you're wrong, isn't it? Some people see it as a weakness, whereas other people believe it takes a big man to admit it. Obviously you'd rather duck the issue and continue to pretend that you're not wrong and that you're too apathetic about being not wrong to prove it. Go ahead, prove that I'm full of shit. I'll be here.

Reaver and mosquito are better at getting bep than running around trying to find injured vehicles and putting mines next to them.

*waits for another pathetic post about what a loser I am for playing planetside more than him*

(btw you were right, I didn't get 2000+ kills in one weekend I got 1500+)
If I keep giving you cookies you're going to get fat.
Old 2004-04-05, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I made on saying about how I thought you were wrong, you're the one that keeps ripping on me about it. I've repeatedly mentioned that I am skeptical, and being skeptical would mean that I don't know. You have a hard on to point out this same thing over and over, along with the fact that I play more than you (which apparently makes me lower than you). You refuse to argue my point.

Reaver and mosq > than running around as infil trying to find damaged tanks
That's your point? Okay, let me see if I can somehow refute this watertight argument. Let me try this:

For you, reaver and mosq > than running around as infil trying to find damaged tanks

For me, reaver and mosq < than running around as infil trying to find damaged tanks

Whew, that was tough. I hope somebody can double check my math for me.

(And now you're claiming you saw me play over the course of several weeks, so now I know you're really spouting nonsense, and that is not a dicepoint hicup. I was never in an outfit until a few days before this past weekend)
Er, you don't have to be in an outfit in order to play the game Pengy. You do have to be in an outfit for Dice to pull your stats. Thus the 4 day gap between it pulling your stats and the 1100 or so kills all being credited to a single day.

Oh, and btw. Dice pulled your stats on 12/1, and 2/26 before beginning to pull when your character got more active at the end of March. Again, Dice doesn't pull stats unless you're in an outfit. But you still weren't in an outfit until a few days before this past weekend? Naughty Dicepoint...

Last edited by Madcow; 2004-04-05 at 06:03 PM.
Old 2004-04-05, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
ZeroRaven
Private

So um, how bout them.....um.....Yankees! Yea, they play that sport with the bases and balls, what the bloody hell is it called? Oh well, how bout em?

Btw does anyone have a answer to my vehicle trunk question?
Old 2004-04-05, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I suddenly have the desire to make some CR5pam...

Old 2004-04-05, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ZeroRaven
So um, how bout them.....um.....Yankees! Yea, they play that sport with the bases and balls, what the bloody hell is it called? Oh well, how bout em?

There is no way to save a favorite like that with vehicles (we all wish). You can save vehicle favorites so that if the vehicle repair/rearm silos are active you can pull right up to them, choose your favorite and off you go. Unfortunately you'll find the silos aren't active most of the time. If you do go air cav, it's a lot easier to find a nearby air tower and pull your favorite that way. Ground vehicles have no such luck.
Old 2004-04-05, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Well, I'm going to leave this post (for my nonexistent life) just laying the fact that 4 mines does not take out a mag. I just went and tried on emerald. It does substantial damage of course since the mines buff, but it does not destroy it or even disable it.

You were wrong, and I was right.

The end.
Old 2004-04-05, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If you have the Dropship Center they work, if you dont they dont...

Old 2004-04-05, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
flypengy
Master Sergeant

If there is a dropship center, you can. Put whatever items you want in your trunk and then go to the repair silo and save it to one of the 5 favorites. As long as you have a dropship or lodestar you'll be able to pull up that exact same favorite (with medkits or whatever you may have put in there).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion