Emerald TR - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who wants to see my "Lan Cable"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-09, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
TheN00b
Colonel

Eldanesh, you're missing onething: I believe that ASS was selected for you guys because its easy to attack from. Given that the NC are an excellent attacking Empire, with good indoor weapons, this is the right choice for you guys. Conversely, given that the TR are probably better at defense than offense, given their longer-ranged weapons, IFH is a good choice for us. FIC was originally our land, but it was too hard to defend from its more powerful mirror.
Old 2004-05-09, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
BDMJ
First Sergeant

A majority of the bases linked to warpgates on ASS are non-tech, and a majority are also connected to one of the geowarps for the continent. This cuts the number of possible links into a continent dramatically, and also gives any attacking force a weak foothold. The offensive links they give are alright, but far from the best. The importance of cutting the number of entrances down by one cannot be emphasized more, it is one of the keys to good defense. Defense is not about weapons, it is about a fast and brutal response.
Old 2004-05-09, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

yes Operation: "Grab A.S.S" was my idea, But the Plan was mine and Bish's on where to go and whatnot . And the NC had a dry spell for two days where we could get nothing done but we are back to winning again.

*Crys to Devs for Worthy opponents*
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies

Last edited by Diddy Mao; 2004-05-09 at 04:43 PM.
Old 2004-05-09, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by TheN00b
given that the TR are probably better at defense than offense, given their longer-ranged weapons
Last night five Vanguards went against five Prowlers on public test server under a variety of conditions. The Vanguards smashed the Prowlers time and again. Several instances it was very close, but the Vanguard's greater speed allowed it to pull ahead where its thicker armor and longer-range heavy hitter could tear the remaining tank apart.

Of course, that's biased at the moment because it's one scenario. We plan to run it again and switch teams, to see if the teams just sucked/owned. I highly doubt it, but we shall see.
Old 2004-05-09, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Vanguards are better than prowler in every possible way, imo

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-05-09, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Exactly. It hits hard and cycles slow as per the NC "theme", but it also has the best qualities all around- the only thing it doesn't do is go over water.

Prowlers should at least have speed and/or armor. Damage over time is all well and good, but if your opponent hits harder and has more protection, it's moot. Time is the one thing you don't have. And the developers wonder why people complain...
Old 2004-05-09, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
BDMJ
First Sergeant

I love the prowler. It is by far the best anti-infantry tank, and is reasonably good at AV work. The TR have the best AV right now, so if practice using combined arms, you should be fine.
Old 2004-05-09, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Kam
Major

I completely agree. When I look at a Prowler, I think of a King Tiger tank. It should have a top speed of 15 mph, but have twice the armor it has now. I'm NC and I can own a Prowler with a Lightning, that's just sad. (All you have to do is get right next to them and the main gun can't aim far enough down.)
Old 2004-05-09, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I think they should give an option to fire both guns at once, at 1/2 ROF, and give it 7500 armor, but change nothing else.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-05-09, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sputty
Banned

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne
Vanguards are better than prowler in every possible way, imo
Indeed. BWC's tank battles more or less proved that. We had the jump on them, we had a better position, we were hitting more often, we forced them to run but all the time they were fighting back, our gunners were doing far better. We had the advantage in every way, and it still came down to the Prowlers getting destroyed.
Old 2004-05-09, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Plus the dual mounted guns dont help anything for accuracy

= Crack addict
Old 2004-05-09, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sputty
Banned

Originally Posted by drsomewhere
Plus the dual mounted guns dont help anything for accuracy
Bah, no point in manning those. Better to get a mossie to fly overhead.
Old 2004-05-10, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sputty
We had the jump on them, we had a better position, we were hitting more often, we forced them to run but all the time they were fighting back, our gunners were doing far better. We had the advantage in every way, and it still came down to the Prowlers getting destroyed.

Sounds like a skills issue to me
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-05-10, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Diddy Mao
Sounds like a skills issue to me
I doubt it. Unless you can convince me that five entire tank crews just flat-out sucked ass when three of those crews had extensive practice time working as a unit, and that two of those crews were among the outfit's people most comfortable with tanks.

Riiiiight... because we all know that the Vanguard is a piece of shit and its weapon doesn't do shit.
Old 2004-05-10, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Nereid
Corporal

All the prowler really needs IMHO is that its projectile trajectory be brought on par with the vanguards. I mean you cant really say its because NC pack in more gunpowder because the 75mm on the lightning has an even better trajectory then the 150mm and the 100mm should at least be on par with the 150mm with its trajectory. Also did those prowlers have 12mm gunners in the battle? 12mm may not be much but 5 of them CAN damage a tank decently and may give them the edge they need to win.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion