BFR Voteing Poll - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Give blood to your heart's content.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want BFR's in game?
yes 52 74.29%
no 18 25.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-07-24, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
matty
Private

Definately not. We dont need another flail type weapon that only the people that spend more money can get [yes, I have CC and think its a complete waste]. If I wanted mechs, I would go play Mechwarrior.

Im always happy to see new content, but mechs are just dumb. If your going to steal something from another game, make it something good.
Old 2004-07-24, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Ait'al
I think they, once again, need to finish dealing with certain game issues before they add new stuff like this. If this game becomes unplayable and i have to throw my 120+ dollars out the window im going to find where tehy live and bash their heads in with a bat!

If they do add this tehy really need to actually tell us how they fit in the game this time since theyre changing the entire game genre. Unless they arent that great. Where can these possibly fit in the game. If they are abandoning hte entire game design they damn well better get off their ass and start telling us so we can decide whether or not we want a refund.
Are you really *that* stupid? Really? Please, tell me that you're joking. PLEASE.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-07-24, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
SquirrelMan
Staff Sergeant

hell. yes.
Old 2004-07-25, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

How are they changing the entire genre by adding glorified MAX units to the game?

And the "If I wanted to use mechs, I'd go and play mechwarrior" argument is a)old and b)irrelevent.
Old 2004-07-25, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by hDrakbynea
Are you really *that* stupid? Really? Please, tell me that you're joking. PLEASE.
remember ait is not normal, hes not even remotely intelligent.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-07-25, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

I feel sorry for the first 'mech to make it to the battlefield. I'd wager a monsterous effort to take it down. Odds are if/when it happens more people will argue on who was the first to take one down than who was the first to field one.

Theres already enough inconsequential vehicle certs in the game. I'd hate to loose the respect I have for a Vanguard or Magrider as a grunt. Some vehicles are fun to ride in and gun, but if the CR5's had their way they'd rather see a Prowler or Magrider out of the vehicle pad than a harasser or fury.

Speaking of the fury has anyone officially renamed it to 'Craptaciular Ticket to Respawn'? Only use I have found is parking it outside a tower door and spamming away. Aiming the rockets is almost impossible if your target is moving laterally. Even trying to park it in such a way that the weapon can be used effectively is a huge pain in the rump. Sigh.. maybe if it was a two seater ATV with a more directable field of fire. Save your 2 certs and get a Skeeter.
Old 2004-07-25, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I think the idea is it's to be use it on the move against a large target such as a tank. It does work
Old 2004-07-25, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Boomer
First Sergeant

Me being a Madcat Fan and a MW3 fan... I want to see this in Planetside. I would love to have jetpacks like the bushy. The thing i dont like is the fact that the generator is soooo weak. Bah. How can A sniper disable a mech's shields? seems a little unfair to me.

This may make me go buy CC.
Old 2004-07-26, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well when it can take a fully fladged artillery round to the face, it sounds fair to me. Strange but definately fair
Old 2004-07-26, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
NinjaBob
Corporal

isnt a max sortve a mech?
Old 2004-07-26, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Erm, technically no. A MAX unit (as its name implies) is merely really heavy armour with weapons strapped to it. A mech is something that a person has to sit in and pilot.

But for all intents and purposes though, a mech is just a much larger version of a MAX.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion