Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-07-21, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

My dream car: one that's paid off.

Although, I am looking for one of these:

Last edited by Vis Armata; 2004-07-21 at 10:29 PM.
Old 2004-07-21, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by JetRaiden
is that yours? I lvoe the G35 Coupe. its has the best value for any car of that price range ($32k to $40k if I remember correctly)
Yes it is. The G35 is a wonderful car to drive. It retains most of the performance and handling characteristics of the Nissan 350Z chassis while offering the smoother ride of a touring car. Very nice for a price substantiantially less than most equivalent cars.
Old 2004-07-21, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
Yes it is. The G35 is a wonderful car to drive. It retains most of the performance and handling characteristics of the Nissan 350Z chassis while offering the smoother ride of a touring car. Very nice for a price substantiantially less than most equivalent cars.
definately. when I first saw early pre-release pics and specs of it, I could almost swear it would go for 50-60k.
Old 2004-07-21, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ViperGTS

Dodge Viper GTS Coupe.

there it is. cept probally red or black.

or of course. 1971 convertible hemi cuda.

Old 2004-07-21, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

lamborghini murcielago

nicest car ever, you have to see it in person in order to want it
ive seen it in pics i thought it was meh, when i saw it on the street i was in love with it

i would do that thing up the muffler
Old 2004-07-21, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Neon Apocalypse
lamborghini murcielago

ive seen it in pics i thought it was meh, when i saw it on the street i was in love with it

finally someone I can agree with. I love the murcielago. I was privleged enough to even sit in one once. very few cars can live up to the 210+ mph 571 hp engine. especially for under 300k.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
Till the head gasket blows and it costs three time as much as a american car. Sorry, I'm a Mechanic I've seen it before. Just so you know I tend to bash on Asian cars alot for several reasons.

A. sure there cheaper now till they charge you $45 bucks for a nut on the Wheel. I know I exagerated.

B.Well The hype caused by movies like the fast and the furious it makes these people think they can go around a turn at 50mph and come out alive.

C.Those god damn kids with their honda civics crashing their cars and making me come out at 2a.m. and tow whats left of their car. Mostly caused by reason B.

Originally Posted by Neon Apocalypse
lamborghini murcielago

Yes they are pretty cars. The guy that owns national Paintball lives in my area and he owns like 5 high end cars. and 3 hummers at least.

Last edited by JakeLogan; 2004-07-21 at 11:14 PM.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by JakeLogan
Till the head gasket blows and it costs three time as much as a american car. Sorry, I'm a Mechanic I've seen it before. Just so you know I tend to bash on Asian cars alot for several reasons.

A. sure there cheaper now till they charge you $45 bucks for a nut on the Wheel. I know I exagerated.

B.Well The hype caused by movies like the fast and the furious it makes these people think they can go around a turn at 50mph and come out alive.

C.Those god damn kids with their honda civics crashing their cars and making me come out at 2a.m. and tow whats left of their car. Mostly caused by reason B.
The Infiniti G35 coupe is no basic Asian car. in fact, I dont even consider it an Asian car because Infiniti is based mostly in the US, though their designs are of japanese origin.

Im not a fan of american cars. theyre years behind most of europe in terms of engineering. I prefer German, English, and Italian cars more then anything. btw Jake, the G35 is fairly reliable. it doesnt have any significant matienance or reliability problems as far as I know (I dont own one, so I cant say that for sure).
Old 2004-07-21, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Corrosion

Misc Info

I'm a sucker for the benz.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Engineering a few years behind? It's not a precise art, some engineering paths lead to nowhere. Remember how we were promised flying cars by 2000?
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
JakeLogan
Major

The Infiniti G35 coupe is no basic Asian car. in fact, I dont even consider it an Asian car because Infiniti is based mostly in the US, though their designs are of japanese origin.

Im not a fan of american cars. theyre years behind most of europe in terms of engineering. I prefer German, English, and Italian cars more then anything. btw Jake, the G35 is fairly reliable. it doesnt have any significant matienance or reliability problems as far as I know (I dont own one, so I cant say that for sure).
Well Nissain owns Infiniti, believe me they will rip your arm off if something breaks.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Infiniti is well known to be a very reliable brand. My neighbor has had an Infiniti for about 9 years and hasn't had any problems. Heck, and he doesn't even take very good care of the car in the first place, yet he's put around ~ 85,000 miles on it without any trouble.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by AztecWarrior
Engineering a few years behind? It's not a precise art, some engineering paths lead to nowhere. Remember how we were promised flying cars by 2000?
thats not exactly what I said. just look at a drivetrain from a Cadillac(or any american car), then look at one from a BMW. BMW has a much more advanced drivetrain then any american car.

this applies the most for exotics.
lets look at 2 different high proformance exotics.

The Ferrari 360 Modena, and the Dodge Viper SRT-10
The Viper SRT-10 has a 500hp, 8.1L engine, which is absolutely huge.

the Ferrari 360 Modena has one of the most advanced engine blocks in the world, assembled at a high tech plant in Maranello, italy. with the revolutionary tiptronic (Ferrari has another word for it, its very long, so Ill just use this one because its the industry standard) trasmission, which was invented by Ferrari, and a 390 hp, 3.9L (maybe 3.7, not sure) engine, its significantly smaller then the Viper, it can still outperform it on many levels. the Viper is little more then a giant engine on a chassis with a couple seats, and a frame. the Modena can outperform any american exotic, with the only exception being the Saleen S7, which sells for the price of a decent house.

Conclusion: American cars will always be behind the curve in terms of automotive technology.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
SDM
Banned

V-8 Twin-turbocharged
7000 cc

Zero To Sixty - 3.3 seconds
Top Speed - 250 mph

MADE IN AMERICA
Old 2004-07-21, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
JakeLogan
Major

thats not exactly what I said. just look at a drivetrain from a Cadillac(or any american car), then look at one from a BMW. BMW has a much more advanced drivetrain then any american car.

this applies the most for exotics.
lets look at 2 different high proformance exotics.

The Ferrari 360 Modena, and the Dodge Viper SRT-10
The Viper SRT-10 has a 500hp, 8.1L engine, which is absolutely huge.

the Ferrari 360 Modena has one of the most advanced engine blocks in the world, assembled at a high tech plant in Maranello, italy. with the revolutionary tiptronic (Ferrari has another word for it, its very long, so Ill just use this one because its the industry standard) trasmission, which was invented by Ferrari, and a 390 hp, 3.9L (maybe 3.7, not sure) engine, its significantly smaller then the Viper, it can still outperform it on many levels. the Viper is little more then a giant engine on a chassis with a couple seats, and a frame. the Modena can outperform any american exotic, with the only exception being the Saleen S7, which sells for the price of a decent house.

Conclusion: American cars will always be behind the curve in terms of automotive technology.
They said that too during the 60's and 70's then carol Shelby kicked the shit out of every car with the GT40. Even made ferrari drop out of the competition. any way, The new GT40 is expected to be on par if not better with the high end european exotics. and besides that do you know how much a tune up on one of those ferraris cost? about 10 grand and on top of that it's suggested to be done every 3,000 miles.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge