Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-02-08, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
GhostSniper
Private

it was awesome, great work
Old 2003-02-08, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hamma
PSU Admin

For the record the time I had to get up and go afk, my server provider was calling

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-08, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
CrazyMike
Sergeant

In my mind this just proves that there are 2 sections of the community which are night and day. PSU didnt head over to PSI and start flaming mike for his efforts.
Ok I'm going to make my point and then leave this be.

- PSI didn't organize the dev chats. I did. Me, myself, and I. It was my idea to start doing them and I approached Dave on the concept that doing them would be good for the community. So if anything they could be called the #planetside chats or something. There is no rivalry between PSI and PSU over the chats because PSI has nothing to do with them.

- Hamma even you need to pick your words more carefully. Saying that "PSI" headed over to flame you denotes a planned effort on thier behalf. This just isn't so. Yes I have no doubt a couple of people (or maybe more) did this. They weren't, however, representing an entire community when they did it. Labeling all the people for the faults of a couple serves no other purpose than to divide this community and it just isn't fair to those people who want to feel a part of an entire community and not just parts of it.

CrazyMike
Old 2003-02-08, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Hamma
In my mind this just proves that there are 2 sections of the community which are night and day. PSU didnt head over to PSI and start flaming mike for his efforts. I commend those who attempt to unite this community. Its unfortunate there are more people who will never accept PSU for what we have made it.

You're loss.

That is all I am going to say on the issue, thank you everyone for your good comments.
Any community will always get attacked by people at one time or another, you just have to try and ignore them and move on. The important thing is we thought it was great as well as i'm sure many peeps who came in from PSI or official forums.
Old 2003-02-08, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

"Saying that "PSI" headed over to flame you denotes a planned effort on thier behalf."

That's not what he said at all. He didn't even imply it, he stated that PSU didn't go over to PSI and flame during your efforts.

"Labeling all the people for the faults of a couple ..."

That's not the problem. The problem is that a well recognized member of a website decided to come here, and insult the efforts of hamma and marsman. This is the same as if eMa or Afex, or someone else came over and flamed all through the dev chat. Communities are protective of their leaders. You certainly understand that. I believe that PSU members would have received a similar response if they had of mocked your efforts with your dev chats.

The point is, that it shouldn't happen either way. But, when it does, it is up to the leaders to repremand their respective members. Otherwise, your silence presents the appearance that you agree with their statements. It becomes guilt by association, whether that is fair or not.

I am sorry you see me as a child on a playground for pointing out the childish behaviour of one of your members. I think it would behoove you to put a leash on him, because it is obvious that he does represent your part of the community, at least in the eyes of this offended party.

I harbor no ill feelings towards any of the sites, however, I do have harsh feelings and intentions for people of every PS community who seek to tear down the hard work of others. This certainly extends to the PSU forums.

I am saddened to see that one childish member can damage relations between the same community. What bothers me more, however, is that apparently he has a ticket to ride.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum

Last edited by Navaron; 2003-02-08 at 03:46 PM.
Old 2003-02-08, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Kukanil
Private

I really dont see what was so devilish about bonnies comments. I know alot of the questions being redundant wasnt PSUs fault (no clue that they would be answered in Mikes chat), and bonnie still gave congrats and all that jazz, etc. Just wondering.
Old 2003-02-08, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Azhreal
Private

Guy's let's give hugs and go about our way please ok? I have followed this game for far too long to see anything happen between the community over 1 person posting a line of text on a forum. I will personally apologize for every single person who has wronged you in your lifetime if you will drop and forget this trivial matter. It gave me a good laugh when the chipmunks came on and I posted that in the thread bonnie posted, but does anyone say anything about that? Nope.

It is sad that just because someone is a more exposed member of a community that you must take greater offense to it then if it was just some February 2003 newbie. If it wasn't bonnie who posted this we would not be having any kind of argument over this at all. Drop the PSI vs. PSU bullcrap , stick your tail between your legs and stop discussing this before someone says something they regret. PlanetSide will have a fantastic community reguardless of anything that happens between now and release. It is human nature to spit off a comment about something you find funny or feel that failed in some sort of way, so shrug it off and accept the fact that sh*t happens. If you want to help the situation then STOP posting, that's really all there is to it. DROP this entire discussion and go about our normal anxiously waiting PS beta lives, and keep clicking refresh on your e-mail inbox. The last thing I want to see happen is this turn into something like PS vs. TW. We are the same freakin community for gods sake, so let's play nice and save the hostility for release.
Old 2003-02-08, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
TeamR
Sergeant

You know, its kind of funny. The gamesnet crew do come and raise some valid points in a non hostile fashion, but was anyone in gamesnet #planetside the night of the shoutcast interview? It was very gut wrenching the things these guys say out in the open about PSU, Hamma, and the dev chat in general. Thats why I kind of laugh at all this. I think bonnie and whoever else should just keep their comments to themselves. Suggestions or not, just leave it alone. Lets face it, both communities wont be breaking bread at the same table anytime soon. Just accept it. Let the gamesnet, psi guys do their thing, and let the psu guys do their thing.

End

There's a place that I travel
When I want to roam
And nobody knows it but me

Last edited by TeamR; 2003-02-08 at 03:41 PM.
Old 2003-02-08, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
RocketFodder
Keeper of h8ball

A lot of you seem to be a little mis-informed, so I'll help:

-PSI is PlanetSide.info, run by Treize. They're at www.planetside.info. They don't have anything to do with Bonnie, Mike, or me.

-#planetside on irc.gamesnet.net is not affiliated with any site. We're just fans. We don't favor PSI, we don't discriminate against PSU, we just sit there in our often almost anarchistic neutral ground and go at it. You'll find I'm probably the most critical of all against PSI, as Treize can attest to.

-Mike has hosted all the irc dev chats, as he mentioned. Bonnie was no part of it, and I don't think you have any right to go flaming Mike saying he "had the opportunity to do a good job," and whatever else. Mike thought it would be fun, so he did it. Noone was charged admission, and he didn't ask you to like it. He just said "hey, stop by if you feel like it."

While Bonnie's post on the OF was perhaps a bit more scathingly cynical than the rest of you would care to hear, if you guys are truly so "superior" to all other communities, then I can't imagine why you are vehemently flaming everything in sight.

It's just a little frustrating when there is so much info out there that some people don't know about. On PSI, on PSU, on the OF, on gamesnet, on psu irc, there's loads of people who are just completely clueless as to how much we know about this game. If these so-called "community leaders" would drop their petty confrontations and instead focus on the better of the community, information could spread much more easily. For instance, there were plenty of logs to the recent IRC devchat available from loads of different people. One was even a member of some CS clan. Why wasn't there ever any link on PSU going to a log? Why didn't anyone from PSU care to log it themselves?

This mentality of competition has gotten so out of hand, it's almost borderline passive censorship. If you'd all link to all the info everywhere, then maybe people would KNOW the answers to some of those questions. That way we wouldn't have to repeat ourselves in chats like this, and maybe we'd get to dig up some new stuff on those answers we already have. Unless, of course, PSU doesn't consider IRC chat info "news," in which case I don't know what to say.

I'm sure none of you cared to hear this, and you might not want to be better informed by reading all there is to know. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just trying to offer an idea that could help everyone. If you want to flame, go ahead and knock yourself out. I won't be reading any replies to this, so email [email protected] if you want to give me some comments personally.
Old 2003-02-08, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
CrazyMike
Sergeant

CrazyMike = #planetside on gamesnet

CrazyMike != PSI, PSU, PSL or anything else.

Thank you for your time.

CrazyMike
Old 2003-02-08, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Kukanil
I really dont see what was so devilish about bonnies comments. I know alot of the questions being redundant wasnt PSUs fault (no clue that they would be answered in Mikes chat), and bonnie still gave congrats and all that jazz, etc. Just wondering.
Don't be so quick to fault repetition.

There was atleast one question that seemed redundant where the answer taught me something new about planetside.

I thought "Oh god" when they asked the question about communication between empires. That seems like the most noobalicious question ever. However, I learned that when a member of an enemy empire is close by and uses a macro'ed chat command, you hear it.

There is so much planetside information scattered over so many places that it is very eash to miss a single article, chat or developer post. I like the the idea that information will end up in multiple places so that if I have overlooked some obscure post, I haven't missed out on crucial planetside info.(and every single piece of Planetside info is crucial )

So I wouldn't fault redundant questions.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-08, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

/me sighs

Stop. The. Hate.

Old 2003-02-08, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
�io
Lieutenant General

I don't recall anybody saying PSU was "superior".

Also Bonnie's comment here may not have been so bad but his actions during the actual chat were. As Crazymike said
If you haven't taken the time to bring something new like this to the community then you should STFU and sit down. (...) They are either too lazy or too stupid to organise something like this themselves so they have to try and bring those that do down.
Bottom line i agree with the Fish.
Old 2003-02-08, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hamma
PSU Admin

eh, its not just Bonnie's post here that got everyone upset. It was his flaming and such on IRC during the chat. Most of you guys did not see that.

I am tired of all this and moved on several weeks ago. Seeing myself and my staff constantly get flamed in gamesnet got sort of old. Maybe if some of you "enlightened" some of us over here at PSU the same questions would not get asked over and over.

My staff and many people I know will tell you how much effort I have put into trying to merge everyone here. But my efforts are in vain, if people are not willing to open up to new things.

Mike I never said you were PSI.. but PSI is generally where you and most of the people on gamesnet hang out. Most of the people here dont even know you guys, because you never made the effort to "expand" the community yourselves.

This is my last post on the issue, and if it contines to go on and on I am locking the thread. Because I know it will lead nowhere. And I am fresh out of ideas

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-08, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
afex
Contributor
Major

i like threads like these.

they are fun.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge