PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The legal LSD
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-10-24, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

halo is great (only played the pc demo, but multiplayer is the best) because its more realistice than other shooter games, how can you fit 6-10 large rifels on your back????, + the graphics are amasing.

Can't wait for halo 2
Old 2004-10-24, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

halo is great (only played the pc demo, but multiplayer is the best) because its more realistice than other shooter games, how can you fit 6-10 large rifels on your back????,
Originally Posted by JetRaiden
Halo has been out for what, 2 years now? Why is this such a problem suddenly?
because i just got an XBox, and i decided to get halo because it was supposed to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooogood... and i found it nothing special, and i wanted to see if i was missing anything...

halo is great (only played the pc demo, but multiplayer is the best) because its more realistice than other shooter games, how can you fit 6-10 large rifels on your back????,
Remeber, i said i dont find that fun, i dont like super-hyper-to-the-max-realiticness... i play games for fun, not realisticness

Last edited by Mag-Mower; 2004-10-24 at 07:09 AM.
Old 2004-10-24, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

The only two-rifles system requires strategy, choice, sacrafice and thought. That is why it is better then the carry every weapon system most FPSes use, where you can just pull out whatever weapon is best at any given time.
Old 2004-10-24, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Marsupilami
Private

No
Old 2004-10-24, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Everay
Major General

yes. and Halo was also going to be a RTS, originaly.
Old 2004-10-24, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

If it were possible for oneself to penetrate a game using some sort of phallic prompt in a display of lusty programming, I would do so to Marathon.

Jet'aime the arm-flamethrower.

Old 2004-10-24, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Octavian
Derf, you forgot the SPNKR too.
That's the rocket launcher.

And the thing about Halo is it is very very polished. I rarely find myself playing and go "damn, I wish they had ***, or I wish they did ***** better, or "WTF, what the hell were they thinking when they made ****"

The only time I can think of is the entire Library level. It fucking sucks, it is possibly the worst level made for any game ever under any circuimstances, ever.

The 2 weapons thing is also for balance, too, since if you could carry a rocket launcher, sniper rifle, shotgun, and plasma pistol, you could be prepared for any confrontation perfectly.

It's the same reason you can't duel wield BRs or rocket launchers, or sniper rifles in the 2nd game. MC could easily do it (referring to the canon, and the fact you can flip a tank in the game).

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-10-24, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne

And the thing about Halo is it is very very polished. I rarely find myself playing and go "damn, I wish they had ***, or I wish they did ***** better, or "WTF, what the hell were they thinking when they made ****"

The only time I can think of is the entire Library level. It fucking sucks, it is possibly the worst level made for any game ever under any circuimstances, ever.

The 2 weapons thing is also for balance, too, since if you could carry a rocket launcher, sniper rifle, shotgun, and plasma pistol, you could be prepared for any confrontation perfectly.

It's the same reason you can't duel wield BRs or rocket launchers, or sniper rifles in the 2nd game. MC could easily do it (referring to the canon, and the fact you can flip a tank in the game).

I like the library level... /me rubs his shotgun
Old 2004-10-24, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

The rocket launcher in Marathon and the rocket launcher in Halo are the exact same thing to a T. I can't make the comparison with anything else, but the fact that they are an ongoing story makes me wish for an updated modern Marathon.

Old 2004-10-24, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousFrog
The rocket launcher in Marathon and the rocket launcher in Halo are the exact same thing to a T. I can't make the comparison with anything else, but the fact that they are an ongoing story makes me wish for an updated modern Marathon.
I've never played Marathon. Explain, is it in the Halo universe? Or just alot like it?

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-10-24, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
NightWalker XI
Colonel

the mellee is one of my fav HALO things, its great, especially with Shotgun
Old 2004-10-24, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
EarlyDawn
Major General

Marathon is *hypothetically* in the Halo universe. There's signifigant evidence that suggests Halo may be before or after Marathon, but in the same universe.
Old 2004-10-24, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Octavian
Colonel

If you had ever tried reading the side of it, it would say SPNKR. It's a god damn nickname.
Old 2004-10-24, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Zodiac
Colonel

What *is* "Marathon"? Link?
Old 2004-10-24, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Octavian
If you had ever tried reading the side of it, it would say SPNKR. It's a god damn nickname.

You said "Forgot the SPNKR"

He already stated "Rocket launcher" in his list.

+200 Cool Pts
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge