Help Us Decide On A Car - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Its whats going on
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Which car should Martyr and Trigger get?
Volkswagen Jetta 30 88.24%
Volkswagen Beetle 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-12-05, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
OfaLoaf
Colonel

Meh, my nextdoor neighbor has two VW Beetles which do just fine.
Old 2004-12-05, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Triggar
Contributor

Keeerap.

We'll have to talk it over with my dad-in-law.

The guy I talked to said he was close to having to use the Lemon Law. I don't know if he got a fluke or what. But we'll certainly have to take a bit more time and do our homework.
Old 2004-12-05, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
starbum
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Might've been a fluke, sounds like either he's just a rough driver or the car was faulty.
Old 2004-12-05, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Triggar
Okay, this just in.

The guy I worked with tonight had HORROR stories about VW's. He said after one year, his Jetta's clutch was shot, two tires were shot (and couldn't be replaced with just any ole' tire, they had to be replaced with expensive ones), the electrical system went to shit, and the motors controlling the power windows went to hell.

Yeah, so back to the drawing board.

The guy who was telling me about Jetta's recommended the Toyota Scion brand, so we'll look at those tonight.

Bleedin' hell it's hard to buy a car!
My mom's VW was a piece of crap. We had tons of transmissions problems with it. Good choice to not get one.
Old 2004-12-05, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
OfaLoaf
Colonel

Saturns are nice. Ours worked fine, except for the one hit by lightning... but the people at the dealership were nice about it, at least. We got to trade it in for a VUE. The L-series, if it's still around, is a nice station wagon in my opinion.
Old 2004-12-05, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

80s Pontiac Firebird. That talks.

The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-12-05, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Triggar
Contributor

Originally Posted by OfaLoaf
Saturns are nice.
The current whip I'm pushin' is a 2000 Saturn SL-1. Realistically, it is a great little car. It served it's purpose well as My First Car. I have to say that the problems it's having now have less to do with it's engineering and more to do with the fact that not only can my older sister drive like an idiot, but she's also incapable of taking it to a decent repair shop.

The Scion tC is looking good to us right now, with a no-haggle base MSRP at $16,4k. I'm trying to build one and price it out with the options we want, but either the website or my browser is knackered.

The only gripe I have about the Scion is the fact that we probably have to deal with the smarmy Toyota salesmen we dealt with when trying to get the Prius. Bloody hell, now I know where all those massive stereotypes about car salesmen come from
Old 2004-12-05, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by AztecWarrior
80s Pontiac Firebird. That talks.

Even Gary Coleman and David Hasselhoff approve of it. Scrap plans for one of those Japanese or European tinboxes. Besides, it TALKS.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-12-05, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Triggar
Contributor

For an extra $2000, the Prius could talk to us too
Old 2004-12-05, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
oddfish
Colonel

get a 2005 mustang.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-12-05, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

First name Mister, middle name Period, last name T.

Nickname AWESOME.

Old 2004-12-05, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

1982 GMC Van > all

In all seriousness, I'd go for the Mini. There are but 2 of you, so use the rear seats as cargo space for VS gunrunning grocery shopping.
Old 2004-12-05, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
StrikerTek
Private

I've had really good luck with Honda cars. Currently driving an 03 Accord LX and I love it. Honda has the best 4 cylinder engine going, and this thing has got great acceleration and power, yet also has great gas mileage. It drives silky smooth and has tons of room in the trunk and back seat.

I'd go with a Civic or Accord over the tC. Or an Acura RSX if you want something more sporty. It's hard to go wrong with Honda/Acura. They're reliable cars that will go forever. My friend's dad has a 1990 Accord with 210,000 miles on it. And he still drives it to work everyday.
Old 2004-12-05, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
GeneralRazor
Master Sergeant

I'd go with a voltswagen, in a color that compliments your daily attire.

Edit: ^ Not me, but you seem to be run-of-the mill consumers.

Last edited by GeneralRazor; 2004-12-05 at 11:25 PM.
Old 2004-12-06, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Smaug
Well, whatever you do, don't get a VW Cabrio. My mom had one of those, what a piece of shit.
Same, i'd stick with our old mazda truck rather than the vw, pay'ed more for the cabrio than the truck. Jetta's are also ok, but same thing, trannsmistion dont last, clutch is shit, electical, my dad had that problem, and it all started from the light inside the car which sent everything to the dealership.

I'd reconsider the both those Vw's....Jetta's are kool, but your paying just as much as you would for a Navigator in 3 years.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge