Help out disaster victims, you happy nice beautiful folks! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Frankly my dear, I don't give a spam.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-28, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

GUESS WHAT DUMBASS YOUR JUST EGGING IT ON NOW, Good Game you fell into it.

You partly brought it ont yourself, calling prospective donators heartless fucks isn't going to motivate most people, and because of the volitile nature of a bumch of asses here you started a shit storm. Wouldn't the better way of going about this whole donate thing be somethign along the lines of:

I came across these organizations that are hellping so-and-so victims of such-and-such here are some links to them. Please donate if you can.

Thanks

is that realy so hard?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
TotalBiscuit
Cynical Brit

Here's an amazing and possibly communist concept for you.

I DISAGREE

Yes, I think your opinion on this matter is completely and utterly ridiculous. I think your reactions were nothing short of completely juvenile. E-thuggery is all well and good when it's deserved, in this case it most certainly was not. I agree with netarun's replies 100% in ever respect and to be quite honest I also believe he was justified in making them. You saw an opportunity to flash your e-p3nis and took it, to the detriment of your credibility, reputation and general moral standing. Ermm, you win?

TB.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
TotalBiscuit
Cynical Brit

Originally Posted by Rbstr

You partly brought it ont yourself, calling prospective donators heartless fucks isn't going to motivate most people, and because of the volitile nature of a bumch of asses here you started a shit storm. Wouldn't the better way of going about this whole donate thing be somethign along the lines of:

I came across these organizations that are hellping so-and-so victims of such-and-such here are some links to them. Please donate if you can.

Thanks

is that realy so hard?
Was it really so hard to resist being a complete fucktard in his thread?

Apparently.

TB.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
netarun
Corporal

Thanks

is that realy so hard?

HEY, EVER LEARN OF THAT LITTLE THING CALLED SATIRE?

IT WAS A JOKE. Anyone with half a fucking braincell and the ability to read and comprehend words would be able to figure that out. And what I posted SHOULD NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER YOU DONATE. If you change your mind because "some jerk was mean to me ON THE INTERNET", you are a pretty shallow, and heartless, fuck.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Thanks

is that realy so hard?
Thank you. That is exactly the point I was getting across. But instead of stating it so eloquently, I decided to get my point across with a furry white chinchilla, and now i'm taking more flack then an allied plane over normandy.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Originally Posted by netarun
HEY, EVER LEARN OF THAT LITTLE THING CALLED SATIRE?
You dont think I was serious with Chester do you?

SATIRE

By the way, admittedly I may've stepped over the line a bit with my approach. But I still stand by my posts.

Holy shit, I actually pissed off Dharkbayne with this:

BalognaChicken: Man, I knew you could be a jerk, but holy shit. Way to fucking ruin that thread. You've completely and utterly lost all respect I ever had for you. Fuck you.

wow...just wow

Last edited by Squeeky; 2004-12-28 at 03:11 PM.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
netarun
Corporal

Originally Posted by Squeeky
You dont think I was serious with Chester do you?

SATIRE

Yeah, that wasn't satire, that was just spam, and it completely destroyed any of a chance the thread would have.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
TotalBiscuit
Cynical Brit

Taking your chinchilla example.

It looks like a chinchilla, it smells like a chinchilla, it moves like a chinchilla, yet it claims to be a rabbit. Is it a chinchilla or a rabbit?

It looks like a donation thread..

I think you can see where I'm going with this. When I'm President of the Earth the first thing I'm going to do is make them teach basic english in American schools, with an entire semester dedicated to the difficult bits like spelling, grammar, satire, sarcasm and irony.

TB.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Yeah, that wasn't satire, that was just spam, and it completely destroyed any of a chance the thread would have.
This thread was an ice-cube in hell, and so was your last one.

If you wanted to make a serious thread, you should've refrained from profanity and size 7 red text. You fucked this thread from the beginning, I only buried it.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
netarun
Corporal

Originally Posted by Squeeky
This thread was an ice-cube in hell, and so was your last one.

If you wanted to make a serious thread, you should've refrained from profanity and size 7 red text. You fucked this thread from the beginning, I only buried it.
Incase you didn't notice, the first thread had no large red text, until people started trying to fuck it over.

Same with this one. If you douchebags hadn't decided to come along and ruin it, it would've functioned perfectly fine.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

You think i didn't see that it was a joke?

I replied in your original thread with a reason, i didn't try to insult you or derail the thread, you told me it was a horrible reason not to do something. That is wholy ignorant and insulting coming form someone who knows nothing about me. I've already give countless hours and as much money as I can spare to charity over the past few months. I'd give millions to the empoverished and needy in the world if i could, but when someone insults me when i've done the best i can i'm not so sure that my time and money is realy worth giving to this oh so wonderfull human race.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
netarun
Corporal

You think i didn't see that it was a joke?

I replied in your original thread with a reason, i didn't try to insult you or derail the thread, you told me it was a horrible reason not to do something. That is wholy ignorant and insulting coming form someone who knows nothing about me. I've already give countless hours and as much money as I can spare to charity over the past few months. I'd give millions to the empoverished and needy in the world if i could, but when someone insults me when i've done the best i can i'm not so sure that my time and money is realy worth giving to this oh so wonderfull human race.
I was not insulting you, or what you had done, I was simply ridiculing this statement

'I'm also a fan of fix our countries problems before messing with others, because if our problems are fixed, we can do a much better job overall.', because it had absolutely nothing to do with you donating any money.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Anyways, i'm done with this thread. This got blown all out of proportion over nothing.

We can agree to call a truce, or we can all continue berating eachother.

I'm for the truce.
Old 2004-12-28, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I was not insulting you, or what you had done, I was simply ridiculing this statement

'I'm also a fan of fix our countries problems before messing with others, because if our problems are fixed, we can do a much better job overall.', because it had absolutely nothing to do with you donating any money.
It's not supposed to, it's what i feel about the subject of charity, there are two ways of doing stuff. ONe is fixing it all at once, but that means progress goes slower, but you do improve things alittle for alot of people. The other is fixing one thing at a time, becasue you focus your resources on that one thing it gets done much faster, and that way you can bring a whole new set of people in to help with the next thing to be fixed.

Old 2004-12-28, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Doop
Major

LOCK.
We have two sides of the story, two sides with equal level of power, it won't end any time soon without the lock.

Last edited by Doop; 2004-12-28 at 03:30 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge