PlanetSide Universe
PSU: as seen on TV.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-12-30, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
OfaLoaf
Colonel

No matter what, the vitality of PSU is dependant upon the game it is named after, which is also in decline. I wouldn't place the blame of this decline on Dharkbayne, Bohica, n00bs, Squeeky, or elitism. This is just the result of time. Everything eventually falls. Look at that site that made fun of TG. They're dead now. Everything's got to die eventually, sadly PSU's time is near.

What'll happen to the PSU hosted websites?
Old 2004-12-30, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hamma
PSU Admin

This thread just continues to prove how much of an asshat Dhark is, I was 98% sure it was him when I heard what was going on. He has to keep coming back here to prove himself or something, this is probably one of the many times he has returned. Fact still remains he is banned, he has been banned and he will continue to be banned. He can hold as many of his little expiriments as he wants, fact remains he is still fucking banned. User moderation is back on again so asshats no longer get instant gratification. When someone has such a low attention span if they have to wait a day or so to post they will give up.

Oh, and I am sure Dhark knows quite a bit about moderating a forum with 9000 members, you should all worship and listen to him. The moderation team and the admin know nothing about doing this stuff at all.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-12-30, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

Oh and by the way I would slit my wrists before I even considered listening to Dharkbayne. Like Jenny said, the site is in decline and I have lost respect for many in this community. Enjoy it while it lasts, the final day is Jan 31 2005.

Old 2004-12-30, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hamma
Enjoy it while it lasts, the final day is Jan 31 2005.
Did I miss a PSU is closing announcement?
Old 2004-12-30, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Doop
Major

This fucking sucks...

Hamma, I'm sorry to hear about all of that and I definately sympathize, and right now I'm really goddamn steamed at Dhark, he kept avoiding IP ban just to tear PSU down...

I'll miss PSU, let's make this last month worth it.
Old 2004-12-30, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Glaynor
Sergeant Major

I've stayed out of the arguments and have seen all of what is going on but I feel that I must be a few comments here.

Congrats Dhark - you have successfully brought your trolling and asshole self to new levels. Although he said that he made an "innocent" post it was clearly done in a manner to cause friction.

He started all of this drama, and I'm s ure he is loving this every minute.

I've been on since the start of this website and have found the people involved to be some of the nicest i've seen. Although I do not post as much as others, I feel that I've gotten to now all of you through your postings. I for one will miss this site, as it is the only one that I check many times a day.

However, nobody shows Hamma and the community the respect that it deserves. All the people that have been banned deserved the ban. Dhark, above all. Squeeky also deserved the ban that he received, and I was one of the people against his return. However, he has proven himself to be a much more mature person since his return. Yes, he does engage in flame wars with some, but on most occassions (I think everyone one) another person instigates it. Squeeky does not deserve a ban.

I can't blame Hamma for closing down the site. I don't know how he lasted so long. It is tiring to see the little cliques that have developed, which are centered around assholes who like to create drama. Dhark and the others create havoc for the sake of creating havoc. They make posts to elicit responses that are flaming in nature and that is immaturity at its highest degree.

All those defending dhark, I am tired of his shit and I am tired of those who are defending his bullshit. Goodbye and good riddance to you all. Go troll someplace else.
Old 2004-12-30, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Hamma
PSU Admin

Old 2004-12-30, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Partial Quote:

Originally Posted by Glaynor
However, nobody shows Hamma and the community the respect that it deserves. All the people that have been banned deserved the ban. Dhark, above all. Squeeky also deserved the ban that he received, and I was one of the people against his return. However, he has proven himself to be a much more mature person since his return. Yes, he does engage in flame wars with some, but on most occassions (I think everyone one) another person instigates it. Squeeky does not deserve a ban.

I can't blame Hamma for closing down the site. I don't know how he lasted so long. It is tiring to see the little cliques that have developed, which are centered around assholes who like to create drama. Dhark and the others create havoc for the sake of creating havoc. They make posts to elicit responses that are flaming in nature and that is immaturity at its highest degree.
The Lawyer has spoken. Now for PSU's Economist, me....

I used to whore around a bit on a wrestling web-site called Ultimo...well interest in wrestling waned and the people in charge of the forum eventually go tired of the drama and weren't interested in wrestling anymore themselves...and thus shut down the site. Sound familiar? Another site was started for those who wanted to continue...I joined that one, as my interest in wrestling was not completly gone. However it wasn't long before I just had enough of seeing HHH on my TV screen and got tired of the "game". I posted even less and checked in about every 3 weeks. Well, even that site ended.

So why did I tell that story? Because I see the exact same elements there, are in here. You have some who have been around for some time, but over time, they have become ass hats. They feel they are entitled, some push the limits, thier influence, etc. and the end result is what we have here today. Much could have been avoided by simply following a simple rule....

Don't respond to Troll's or members who have evolved into Trolls.

If everyone just ignores the user, that user will go away. However, thier are some who are compulsive and cannot for the life of them let go. So they attack and flame..and play right into the hand and intention of the Troll. So who is the bafoon at this point? Mission accomplished by the Troll, he gets his jollys and brings down the community.

As for the site shutting down? Well, bound to happen. This site survive's on donations...and that's deadly in my opinion. Donation or not, some people who pay may feel they are entitled and are above some rules. Plus, Hamma put this together for fun, not as a job. When its no longer fun, then why continue to do it? Give it to someone else? Why? They are going to re-make anything you have done into thier own image and that may not sit well.

Bottom line, the site is going and NO, you are not entitled to it. You don't own corprate shares of it. If you still feel that way, there's a book called "Who moved my cheese". Suggest you read it.

...well thats my two real cents worth...

Last edited by Red October; 2004-12-30 at 11:41 AM.
Old 2004-12-30, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Hydralisk
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hamma
Enjoy it while it lasts, the final day is Jan 31 2005.

I cannot believe this. Did you just decide this or is this just a result of financial issues. I guess I'll be finding a new home page. I'll buy it from you. My mommy can pay for it! Seriously, I don't post much, but I have my lurk at least 3-4 hours total a day. Yes, I am a complete loser. The drama adds some fun to it, but I agree that it is a bit excessive right now.
Old 2004-12-30, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
DaShiznit
Major

Believe me, we're all hurt.
Old 2004-12-30, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Mag
Lieutenant Colonel

Alright, seeing as I'm pretty much responsible for this, thread over guys. Dhark isn't here, no need to praise or bitch about him. I'll stop relaying stuff.
Old 2004-12-30, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by Jennyboo
Like Hamma said once the funds are gone no more PSU. The you can all move on and find a better communtiy though I doubt you'll find one like this. Im very upset at how the community has turned on the creator of this site and shown little respect. This is probably the best time for PSU to go down seeing how there is no faith in the person who worked so hard to keep it where it is. Many of you have lost my respect. it's sad i thought may of you would be friends for life.
I never said anything.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge