Abortion informer - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-02-28, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Originally posted by ABRAXAAS

Don�t you think that if an abortion occurs, and there�s a sole already attached to it, don�t you think it would just pop back in line for the next available host. if that�s the case then what�s the worry ?
Whoa! thats a pretty deep question for a gaming forum... lemme find the intellectual part of my brain.....just a minute.....1 sec......uh...Ok, think I got it.

Iv been talking to a friend and he's read this books by a Tibetan monk called Tuesday Lobsang Rampa, their pretty deep. He talks about your soul and the afterlife and other matters that the western world would ROFL at.

He says that we live our lives to experience things, after we die we visit our "Over self" he judges how well you have learned what you have set out to learn and sends you back to experience the next thing. Lobsang says that we come back 10 times (I guess there are 10 things we need to learn) then we advance to the next level. So by his teaching if a baby is aborted then the soul travels back to the "over self" and says "Helluva sorry boss but they capped my ass before I could get to work" then s/he sends you back to do whatever it was.

Some of what he says in his books is pretty mind blowing, I really need to read them (this is all 2nd hand info btw) I�m not sure if I believe what he says but it makes alot of sense.

Living one life would just suck, you die and that�s it? There�s Gotta be more to life than this... I mean look at the world we have created for ourselves.

"Damn, Those Vanu bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"
"Rip off my sig and I'll shit down your neck!"
Old 2003-02-28, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

well then from a scientific point of view abortion is ok, and from a religious point of view it is ok ."theoreticaly" .
Old 2003-02-28, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Arshune
Captain

I just read a psychology article that states that the mind is an emergent phenomenon (sp?). That basically means that all these years that the buddhists have been saying that the mind is an illusion, they've really been on to something. Conscious thought is directed by the brain, but the way we perceive it and ourselves is actually a kind of semi-illusion, like a waking dream. Kind of gives you a chill, doesn't it?

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-28, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Arshune
Conscious thought is directed by the brain, but the way we perceive it and ourselves is actually a kind of semi-illusion, like a waking dream.
You mean that im not really in controle, my brain is? but I am my brain.. I mean thats what Im using to think... urm this is giving me a head ache, is that my brains way of telling me to stop questioning its dominence of me.... Stuuupid Brain! *punches head!* Oww!

link the artical please, sounds interesting

"Damn, Those Vanu bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"
"Rip off my sig and I'll shit down your neck!"
Old 2003-02-28, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Arshune
Captain

It was in a magazine called Psychology Today. I honestly don't know if they have it up on a website or not, but maybe you could go look. I'll try to find something on it online.

Edit: Upon doing some more reading, I've found that that's just a theory they have to explain the connection between our "minds" and the complex chemical reactions that go on in them. What it basically boils down to is one group of scientists saying "yeah, the mind is just a bunch chemical reactions" and another group saying "WTF NO WE HAVE SOULS."

Edited Edit: Strangely, some of the best information on the subject came from this site. http://www.intelligentchristian.cwc.net/emergence.htm

Last edited by Arshune; 2003-02-28 at 07:46 PM.
Old 2003-02-28, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Abraxxas, leaving the soul and where it goes alone, here is another view point on it, and where my dislike of abortion stems from:

You, by your own actions become pregnant. You choose not to be a parent, you abort...

But why abort? Why shirk of your responsibility to the LIFE your actions created? That in and of itself is morally wrong, no matter what your religious beliefs may be.

There are alternatives to abortion, adoption is one of my favorites. Yes, there are bad things that happen to people in that system, but there are success stories too. There are thousands of good families out there that want and could care for a child, but for one reason or the other, they cannot have children on their own.

Then there is the main way to stop abortion, BIRTH CONTROL! Wow, take a pill, get your tubes tied, all sorts of solutions that CAN stop a pregnancy, I do not consider condems very realiable, cause even if everything is done right, they can still fail.

Yes, I am a Christian, and I take umbrage at your considering it a cult. What are your beliefs, where do your morals stem from?
Old 2003-02-28, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Arshune
Captain

If you want to get really, really abstract about it, technically you don't get pregnant by your own actions. If we look at how the brain and hormones work, the only reason any of us ever wants to have sex is because our body tells us to. If we actually take a step back and look at the whole process, it's kind of nasty, ain't it? Smells bad too. That's how strong a hold your body has over you.

If you look at that link I posted up there and get the basic info about emergence, you could (if you believed the mind was emergent) back a belief that baby isn't actually a person until its brain is capable of high-level organizational thought. Now, I don't think you should kill something that's not going to hurt you, but it's just something to think about.

I'm in a pretty good mood right now, so I don't really want to get a big debate started (or really see others get into one) so I'm just going to say "hey, the joke was funny for the first minute and then got really tasteless, really fast." Hopefully we'll all leave it at that...and didn't we already HAVE the abortion debate here?

Old 2003-02-28, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

My morals stem from common sence for the most part, dont do something to someone else that you wouldnt want done to you ,simple and easy to follow. I dont need a bible or 10 commandments to tell the difference between right and wrong.

People that abuse abortion as a contraceptive,then by all means thats wrong ,but accidents do happen ,so do rapes and a multitude of other possibilitys.

There are to many people in this world and the majority of them dont have the ability to take care of a child, wether it be money or mental stability, and there are already to many children in adoption agencies, Personally I feel birth should be moderated, like in china or japan (cant remember) .

Abortion is one of those things that should be decided on a case by case basis, if a young girl gets raped, she should get a abortion ,if a prostitute keeps getting pregnant and routinely has abortions ,she should just be shot . but freedoms people so easily throw around these boards is what it comes down to ,"your ability to do what you feel is right, persoanlly I dont think anyone ,has the ability to tell you what is right for you ,only you can decide.

would you want to grow up nowing you were the result of incest or rape ,and that everyday your mother looks at you she is reminded of that terrible day . would you want to grow up in a 3rd world country starving only to die at an early age ,would you want to spend the most influential part of your childhood in a adoption agency . I dont think so .

People today are so quick to judge what is right or wrong but never stop to think of all the possibilitys .

and as far as christianity. persoanly I feel it is one of the biggest cults in existance

example

cult ( P ) Pronunciation Key (klt)
n.

A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
The followers of such a religion or sect.
A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
The object of such devotion.
An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.
Old 2003-02-28, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

I already clarified that RAPE Incest and medical issues were fair game.

But on rape, jsut one question:

Is it the Babies fault that they were brought into this world?
Old 2003-02-28, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

No, but your mistaking a baby for a fetus, a fetus is like a egg ,is it wrong to eat chicken eggs ,here not fully formed, so to you everytime you eat an egg are you killing a chicken ? or just eating an egg ?
Old 2003-02-28, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Eggs for consumption have never been fertilizd, thus your logic is flawed.

An "embroy" has been, thus it is an embroy, and theat embroy has "life"

when then would you conisder a fetus a human?
Old 2003-02-28, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Bighoss
General

once again this has turned into an ABRAXAAS shut up your wrong because we all soooo smart and you are ignorant because I disagree with your opinion. BACK OFF AND LEAVE HIM ALONE

My theory on abortation Why bring in child into a world that does not want him. No one give me any of that what if crap either. What if migets took over the world and cut the legs of tall people so they would fit in?

This was a funny video it was meant to be. Many people find it funny and some don't. I don't care really cuz I don't wanna hear it, everyone's opinion here is meaningless for two reasons. 1. were in a forum, 2. no one is right or wrong. Even if you are a minority of one with your opinion still doesn't make you wrong.

SO QUIT THE BITCHIN

I'm sure I've done some but not nearly as much as SOME people here

Peace
Old 2003-03-01, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

wooohooo I finally saw it and hot damn it was funny
Old 2003-03-01, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Nohimn
Major

you...sick...

Old 2003-03-01, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #45