New tweet.. got stealth? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is Marsman Related to Barry White?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-30, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Tasorin
Staff Sergeant

Re: New tweet.. got stealth?

Sensor Disruptor placed by dedicated Engineers that allow for the Stealth function of the suit to be impaired as long as they are inside the sphere of disruption of the stealth sensor. The advanced version of the sensor can enable the sensor to be cloaked as well.

Rock, paper, scissors right?

So besides team work or a pray and spray, what is going to be the counter to stealthers?

This is why we need Beta. Every screen shoot just generates more questions that can't be answered. Some day though, the stars will align, marketing will finally stop kiestering the beta cycle dates, and Higgles will have a triple double with bacon, and we will find out about beta.

Maybe even solve world hunger...
Old 2012-01-30, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Yutty
Sergeant

has this been posted yet?
Old 2012-01-30, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Stop talking about the snipers and cloaking, they go hand in hand.

Folks are you crazy???, the whole point in being a sniper is to be stealthy, waiting patiently for that one shot!!!!

look:

I think sniping in Planetside is about to change, its going to change into what sniping really is, a skill. And it will be much harder to snipe I think!......
Old 2012-01-30, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Yutty View Post
has this been posted yet?
Looks like a gay superman with pedo googles!
Old 2012-01-30, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

WHa? Its just a screenshot of some base stuff, nothing else there.
Really no idea what your talking about.
Old 2012-01-30, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
Stop talking about the snipers and cloaking, they go hand in hand.

Folks are you crazy???, the whole point in being a sniper is to be stealthy, waiting patiently for that one shot!!!!

I think sniping in Planetside is about to change, its going to change into what sniping really is, a skill. And it will be much harder to snipe I think!......
Nobody on here has any issue with the snipers having camouflage.... What I have a issue with is it being permanently on while they are firing. Unlike a lot of people on here. I think the sniper class needs to be completely separate from the cloaker class. I also firmly believe the cloak ability they have needs to have a limit on it where its only active for 30 seconds with a minute cool down. If they have that cloak up when they fire it pops off and they have to wait that minute cd again or less.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-01-30 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Well what about people who wanta do sas / navy seal style this class is not just for sniping it's not even gonna have bolt drivers just a semi fire rifle. I think it will still fit the cloaker style of ps1 in some form
Old 2012-01-30, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
Nobody on here has any issue with the snipers having camouflage.... What I have a issue with is it being permanently on while they are firing. Unlike a lot of people on here. I think the sniper class needs to be completely separate from the cloaker class. I also firmly believe the cloak ability they have needs to have a limit on it where its only active for 30 seconds with a minute cool down. If they have that cloak up when the fire it pops off and they have to wait that minute cd again.
It has been said that while being in the cloaker sniping loadout, your cloaking is rather limited.

Wait and see i say. If its broken, we will yell at them right away.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by basti View Post
WHa? Its just a screenshot of some base stuff, nothing else there.
Really no idea what your talking about.
Someone needs new glasses!
Old 2012-01-30, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sirisian
Colonel

Was hoping for a 100% cloak when not moving. Maybe they should make a customization. I prefer being able to walk around enemies in a hallway without being visible to someone staring at me. Probably a design issue with giving the cloaker a sniper rifle and assault rifle.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Do we have a sense of what weapon this new Infiltrator (Higby's Infiltrator) is holding? I do remember him saying that Infiltrator's get heavier weapons than just a pistol in this game, but the more powerful the weapon, the less concealing your cloak. That sounds like a very good balance to me; I like it. This also explains the Terran Infiltrator that was reposted in this thread (you can see his goggles; that's a Terran) and he's holding an assault rifle.

And also, yes, I hope that the cloak either 1. Is indefinite, or at least 2. Lasts as long as in Planetside 1. That was a good system.

~Zachariah
Old 2012-01-30, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Graywolves
General

They might balance it so that if you have a rifle out your cloak breaks or when you shoot and it goes on cooldown.

There are many ways to balance it, just gotta wait.

I only hope that we don't get 20 people every battle trying to snipe because they want kills (no leaderboards because the game isn't bullshit lobby crap might kill that incentive though)

-edit- wait what is Higgles running behind the game? The one that has Hamma's pic on it.

Last edited by Graywolves; 2012-01-30 at 04:12 PM.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Vancha
Colonel

Tree sniping returns!

This better be legit instead of having just been "placed" in a tree for the cool factor, otherwise you'll break my heart.

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Was hoping for a 100% cloak when not moving. Maybe they should make a customization. I prefer being able to walk around enemies in a hallway without being visible to someone staring at me. Probably a design issue with giving the cloaker a sniper rifle and assault rifle.
Yeah, I'm guessing non sniping/rifle-toting cloakers will be able to go invisible.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the cloaker is unstealthed in the second picture. Imagine you've zoomed directly back from the first image, on the lowest left branch about a third of the way along, you can see the silhouette of them crouched with their rifle pointing toward the top of the base.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-01-30 at 04:17 PM.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by AncientVanu View Post
looking at these awesome views and this hard terrain an OT question comes to my mind, in PS1 what is the main gun elevation for the 3 tanks and the Lightning too, if you don't know numbers at least comparatively which has highest gun elevation and which one has the lowest? I'm trying to figure out which one will have an advantage in PS2 if they are left unchanged.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure the comparative max elevations of their main cannons went like this (from highest to lowest):
  1. Lightning
  2. Magrider
  3. Prowler
  4. Vanguard

That I believe is also the order you'd get if you compared their turret's turning rate. In addition, if you included the Prowler's 15mm turret on the list it'd be either #1 or #2.

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
Nobody on here has any issue with the snipers having camouflage.... What I have a issue with is it being permanently on while they are firing. Unlike a lot of people on here. I think the sniper class needs to be completely separate from the cloaker class. I also firmly believe the cloak ability they have needs to have a limit on it where its only active for 30 seconds with a minute cool down. If they have that cloak up when they fire it pops off and they have to wait that minute cd again or less.

Here's a Higby quote from November's Sniper thread that others here have mentioned that may shed some light on how they're planning to balance the sniper's cloak:

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
...If you're utilizing a sniper loadout you'll have a less perfect cloak that doesn't last as long. It's more for some enhanced camouflage while moving from sniping positions than using for typical infiltration. Anyone who gets up on you with that configuration is going to see through it.

Last edited by Erendil; 2012-01-30 at 04:26 PM.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
ThGlump
Captain

Im seeing 2 there.
1 unstealthed on top right branch.
1 stealthed on the top left branch (its more visible zoomed out where his silhouette is clear - zoomed in its just blurr - mybe its only coincidence of light but i see him there)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion