Subscription What we get & want. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Y'know, Marsman approves these, too.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-09, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Fenrys
Major

Re: Subscription What we get & want.

I don't want to see resource caps for anybody, paid or otherwise. I think it's a mistake to punish success and incentivise your customers to stop playing once they've earned an arbitrary number of resources.
Old 2012-03-15, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

What should incentives be for PlanetSide 2 Membership?

1) Stress test new PS2 DLC - during the ongoing post-release of the game, the company may see fit to release further weapons, vehicles or environments as paid DLC expansions as with the purchase of the game client. Membership customers, therefore, will be provided the ability to stress test this new content in self-contained areas with the Devs and improve gameplay, before they are fully released to the community (note: equipment will be unavailable in regular zones).

2) Bonus Cert. Multiplier during play - as a paying membership customer, they would receive a 3% increase in Cert Points during combat, but not oflline inactivity.

3) Expanded Inventory - rather than provide people with any weapon, equipment or vehicle that is overpowered, membership customers would unlock small increases in inventory space for all classes.

4) Opportunity to earn microtransaction content - exclusive to membership customers, players during monthly events can earn items usually only available through microtransactions, to further customise their character or vehicle loadouts.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2012-03-15 at 07:23 PM.
Old 2012-03-15, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thread already existed - merged

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-15, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: What should incentives be for PlanetSide 2 Membership?

Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
1) Stress test new PS2 DLC - during the ongoing post-release of the game, the company may see fit to release further weapons, vehicles or environments as paid DLC expansions as with the purchase of the game client. Membership customers, therefore, will be provided the ability to stress test this new content in self-contained areas with the Devs and improve gameplay, before they are fully released to the community (note: equipment will be unavailable in regular zones).
In one of the older threads about membership I mentioned access to their test server which was always fun in Planetside 1.

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
I don't want to see resource caps for anybody, paid or otherwise. I think it's a mistake to punish success and incentivise your customers to stop playing once they've earned an arbitrary number of resources.
Since the thread was bumped I'll reply to this. Ideally resources should be spent. The game should not force players into hoarding resources for long periods of time. Ideally a player that joins and has 0 of such a resource should have no problem getting some more and playing. Remember there are 4 resources and we have no idea what they are used for. Maybe placing a cap on all of them is bad, but it could be that placing a cap on another isn't? Making judgements about the effects of a cap or suggesting one might be a bit premature for anyone to say.
Old 2012-03-15, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
MrSmegz
Sergeant

I would like to see a Lifetime memebership $200-$250.
Old 2012-03-15, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Lepalose
Private

I would definitely buy in on a lifetime-subscription. It has kept me playing STO for example.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MrSmegz View Post
I would like to see a Lifetime memebership $200-$250.
as would I why i saving some of my tax return.
Old 2012-03-16, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Hamma
PSU Admin

I've always found lifetime memberships an interesting concept.. you don't see them very often though.

Old 2012-03-16, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I've always found lifetime memberships an interesting concept.. you don't see them very often though.
I think LotRO and Champions Online had that. Not sure about other MMOs. I don't see this working in a F2P game even if it had a monthly sub. SOE would probably be in the red after a few years if people can actually buy stuff still with their monthly sub.
Old 2012-03-16, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yep LoTRO was one of the only one's I have heard of that does it.

Old 2012-03-16, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Yeah, lifetime plans are more gimmicks than actual proper membership options, and you have to save money for almost forever just to stand the slimmest chance of being able to get it. They annoy me.

Old 2012-03-16, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sifer2
Major

It was mentioned only once in the thread but I agree big time, and that is:

PREMIUM SERVERS!

People already mentioned being front of the line in the que. Well lets take that a step further, and have a couple servers just for subscribers. If it turns out hackers are widespread at least this would be a place you would encounter less.

Some other stuff mentioned I liked was unique cosmetics that unlock after certain amount of months subscribed. Like Veteran Rewards program.

Full or boosted xp gain all the time. Some bonus station cash each month. And of course the usual stuff like more storage, character slots, and the like.
Old 2012-03-16, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
raykor
Private

Hold on, is this just a "wishful thinking" discussion or did they announce that subscriptions would be available in addition to the FTP option?
Old 2012-03-16, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
CutterJohn
Colonel

I swear if I suggested half of these ideas as cash shop items, people would rage. Its amazing fast people change their minds about paying for perks once the name is changed. With F2P shop every comment is about how people shouldn't feel pressured at all to pay, and it should only be hats or other graphical items, but as soon as it changes to subscription, its all about all the advantages you can give the subs in order to entice people to pay.

Premium servers? Queue jumping? Extra inventory? Extra implant slot? Boggles my mind.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-03-16 at 09:22 PM.
Old 2012-03-16, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by raykor View Post
Hold on, is this just a "wishful thinking" discussion or did they announce that subscriptions would be available in addition to the FTP option?
Higby has mentioned there will likely be a premium option.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion