The "Loyalty" thing... - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Banana phone!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-30, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Re: The "Loyalty" thing...

I have played the other empires. NC on my first 7 day trial account, then VS on my first few months of sub, then TR for the remaining like 8 years.

Whenever I play another empire I feel as if I am cheating on _MY_ empire, the TR.

I will never play another empire seriously. If I do play as NC or VS, I have this urge to TK everyone and grief like crazy. Needless to say, I avoid playing on any empire besides TR.
Old 2012-04-30, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I'm not loyal to crap, except I want to play on the side my video gaming buds are and weapons that fit my style.

That's either NC or VS.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2012-04-30, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

As with the OP, I too am absolutely confused at WHY I am 100% loyal to the TR. I have not played PS1 seriously (as in a day to day function) for probably 5 years, yet, I still consider myself TR to the core.

I would never consider joining another faction for anything other than to learn their weapons and gameplay mechanics -- so as to be able to more efficiently kill them.

If I were to join the NC as a long term player I would not be able to live with myself. I would feel as If I was an American Soldier who joined the North Korean Army ...

I have never felt this "loyalty" in any other game I have played ... EVER. I doubt I will ever feel it again.

So I will say with pride ... "TR for LIFE!".

I would also like to add, that if my best friend started playing PS2 and he joined the VS or NC - I simply would not play PS2 with him. That's loyalty...

Last edited by Lokster; 2012-04-30 at 07:05 PM.
Old 2012-04-30, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dullard
Corporal

When I've played a TR or NC character I've always felt dirty. /shiver

VS for life!
Old 2012-04-30, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

I like NC so much I've never even TRIED anything else!
Old 2012-04-30, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
I think it's weird how blatantly conservatives show their face in regard to their empire choice and their fanaticism towards it.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
I think it's weird how blatantly conservatives show their face in regard to their empire choice and their fanaticism towards it.
Exactly what did I do to you to warrant that venom?

Not to mention, I just finished poking fun at George Bush in the other thread, lol
Old 2012-05-01, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Toppopia
Major

I actually wonder how many people like their empire based on its ideologies or its gameplay, i think i will play as TR (because i never played Planetside 1) because its ideologies sort of fit with me, and rapid fire means that i can suppress targets for my team to get into position, which in other games doesn't work so i hope it works in this game.
Old 2012-05-01, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
I actually wonder how many people like their empire based on its ideologies or its gameplay, i think i will play as TR (because i never played Planetside 1) because its ideologies sort of fit with me, and rapid fire means that i can suppress targets for my team to get into position, which in other games doesn't work so i hope it works in this game.
When I first started PS, I played each side, trying to see what I liked about them. One of the things that impressed me the most, was the sounds all around me when I played VS... There were things about all empires I liked, still do. However, when I play VS I love the way things sound... lancers everywhere, pulsars, mags, lashers...

Though I will give the nod to the one favorite sound of all, that always made me feel confident that we were not going to get steam rolled: The Starfire, damn I love that thing... Sometimes I like to pull up old youtubes and just listen to lancers and starfires... Some may hear a cacophony, I hear a symphony.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!

Last edited by Grognard; 2012-05-01 at 01:22 AM.
Old 2012-05-01, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
If you like NC so much how come you have TR Goggles in your sig hmmm?
Old 2012-05-01, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EightEightEight View Post
If you like NC so much how come you have TR Goggles in your sig hmmm?
Cuz I'm a pilot with a taste for good art!
Old 2012-04-30, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
cellinaire
Captain

Yeah I also think things like it is what sets PS apart. I loved it in original PS and looking forward to it again

Vanu 4 Eva!!
Old 2012-05-01, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

I have to agree, the lancer's noise is something that you just come to love about the weapon. Now that I think about it, that it's easy to tell what weapon is firing or which vehicle is nearby due to engine noise is a fantastic part of the game.
Old 2012-05-01, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Me personally I think it is more of a play style, you will have "loyal players" or those who may be more on the role play side, and you will always have mercenaries. Those that fight for anyone and everyone. Granted fighting as a TR is deffrent thant fighting as a NC just like fighting VS is diffrent thatn fighting TR.

I would like to see a system that allows people to switch empires with their charachter but also have some rewards for the loyality aspect, but in the end it makes it the player's choice on how he wants to play.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion