Sniper Rifle Chamber Next Round Animation - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hammer for Jesus 2012.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-10, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Re: Sniper Rifle Chamber Next Round Animation

I think I know a system that can work around this issue quite well while at the same time being very simple.

How about when you click the left mouse button to shoot, which will automatically make you reload which takes you out of "scope" mode. Unless you would shoot and continue to hold in your left mouse button, which would postpone the reload and therefore make it possible to see the result of your shot. This will last until you release the left mouse button, which starts the reload.
Old 2012-07-10, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
RSphil
Contributor
Major

might be something like battlefield where you can get a straight bolt. id say it could be a side grade. have to see. also id like to see if you can keep scoped be holding down the fire button so you can see where the round hit down range.
Old 2012-07-10, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Kran De Loy
Captain

Honestly I would really like to be sure that the mouse sensitivity setting for default mouse look and ADS are separate. If possible to add in a mouse setting category for scoped view would be pretty sweet, too.

Mouse Sensitivity: 5
Mouse Sensitivity ADS: -2 (5 minus 7)
Mouse Sensitivity Scoped: -4 (5 minus 9)

That would be sweet.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
I think I know a system that can work around this issue quite well while at the same time being very simple.

How about when you click the left mouse button to shoot, which will automatically make you reload which takes you out of "scope" mode. Unless you would shoot and continue to hold in your left mouse button, which would postpone the reload and therefore make it possible to see the result of your shot. This will last until you release the left mouse button, which starts the reload.
Sounds good to me.

/thread.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Not many designated marksmen/snipers would be able to accurately engage human sized targets from an unsupported standing position at 200+ meters like these games depict anyways.
Anyone familiar with weapons systems, mechanics, and functions could point out a number of unrealistic and rediculous animations in the videos we have seen so far. Let's just call is sci-fi and not worry to much about it.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Envenom
Sergeant Major

I can't even remember the last game that let you fire without leaving the scope view?
Old 2012-07-10, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
P Nutz
Private

I think they should just keep the bolt action animations the way they are for balance purposes. If you want to continue to make follow-up shots while scoped, you should then use a semi-auto SR.

Let's be honest: the game isn't realistic anyway, I mean it takes place in the future on a planet that doesn't exist with weapons and technology that don't exist either. I think we should just give up on making PS2 "realistic" for the sake of making the game balanced and fun.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
n2q0_matrix
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
I can't even remember the last game that let you fire without leaving the scope view?
CoD is one.

Originally Posted by P Nutz View Post
I think they should just keep the bolt action animations the way they are for balance purposes. If you want to continue to make follow-up shots while scoped, you should then use a semi-auto SR.

Let's be honest: the game isn't realistic anyway, I mean it takes place in the future on a planet that doesn't exist with weapons and technology that don't exist either. I think we should just give up on making PS2 "realistic" for the sake of making the game balanced and fun.

The "feel" of it is a major component to what makes the game fun. Also, target acquisition for follow up shots or missed shots. Gun usage that can be highly frustrating can lead to negative opinions of the game. Granted, this is highly subjective and personal to each player. But if the pattern is highly negative, it is in the game makers best interest to consider a change.

"Realism" is another component that allows one to suspend disbelief. Sure it is in the future and this is SciFi, but if it is not at least somewhat plausible, or at least feels that way, some of the fun is lost. The improvements to the flight physics is an example. Sure, they are not fully realistic, but they have moved them closer versus leaving them like PS1.

IMHO

Last edited by n2q0_matrix; 2012-07-10 at 03:36 PM.
Old 2012-07-10, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by n2q0_matrix View Post
CoD is one.

The "feel" of it is a major component to what makes the game fun. Also, target acquisition for follow up shots or missed shots. Gun usage that can be highly frustrating can lead to negative opinions of the game. Granted, this is highly subjective and personal to each player. But if the pattern is highly negative, it is in the game makers best interest to consider a change.

"Realism" is another component that allows one to suspend disbelief. Sure it is in the future and this is SciFi, but if it is not at least somewhat plausible, or at least feels that way, some of the fun is lost. The improvements to the flight physics is an example. Sure, they are not fully realistic, but they have moved them closer versus leaving them like PS1.

IMHO
Cod is a fucking terrible excuse of a game to pull examples from. Hurr Durr, i can shoot lasor snipor without aiming at my 4x4 map.

Battlefield or other games, on the other hand, provide alot better example. When i fire a scope in real life, i always pull out and pull the bolt action back before getting reinstated in my position, unless i was on a bipod or firing a semi-auto.
Old 2012-07-10, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Zalmoxis
Sergeant

The bolt action sniper empty bullet unload animation is just ugly as hell. I was hoping for something a bit sexier, like the SV98 unload animation is in BF3
Old 2012-07-10, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
The bolt action sniper empty bullet unload animation is just ugly as hell. I was hoping for something a bit sexier, like the SV98 unload animation is in BF3
Fuck man this is a bolt driver, and its probably heavy as fuck, so how else are you going to pull it? You're going to need all of your upper body weight.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Azarga
Corporal

I'm fine with scoping-out while reloading if there will be an option to disable auto-reload.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
n2q0_matrix
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Cod is a fucking terrible excuse of a game to pull examples from. Hurr Durr, i can shoot lasor snipor without aiming at my 4x4 map.

Battlefield or other games, on the other hand, provide alot better example. When i fire a scope in real life, i always pull out and pull the bolt action back before getting reinstated in my position, unless i was on a bipod or firing a semi-auto.
Hurr Durr?? Really?
So CoD obviously pissed you off in some manner, however it is an example nonetheless, which addressed your original statement.

When you fire scoped you pullout and cycle the bolt then re-aim, some do not. See the videos posted above for examples.

I do see your point and your opinion is appreciated, so I'll put you in the "leave it as is" column.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
gufftroad
Corporal

its not easy to manipulate a bolt standing while maintaining cheek weld looking down a scope and keeping on target unless in a supported stance with a bipod or something similar and even then it can be tricky you really have to know the weapon you are using but i'm willing to bet real money that there will be a semi auto rifle so you don't have to go through the animation or at least a way to stay scoped and work the bolt after you see the shot

Last edited by gufftroad; 2012-07-10 at 07:55 PM. Reason: i am a terrible speller
Old 2012-07-10, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

At about 15:25 in the new command center video you can see the Cloaker shooting multiple targets while maintaining sites on target.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion