7/21/2012 Tech Test Stream in progress - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bill Gates is the Devil, and someone just ate Apple!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-21, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

Re: 7/21/2012 Tech Test Stream in progress

The reviving was hard to follow, I saw no progress bar and nobody stood up.
Old 2012-07-21, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by noxious View Post
rofl, Higby just got TKed by a friendly named 'HIGBYMUSTDIE'.

Then Higby used the dev command '/kill higbymustdie'
Class.
That's what you get for trolling someone with ultimate power.

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
Old 2012-07-21, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

After watching a little bit of the stream I was left a little disappointed. Mostly by the ground combat. It was everything I feared it would be. Ridiculously fast TTK and generic iron sight camping chokehold gameplay.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-07-21, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

I think the infantry fighting was ugly and jittery.
I will stay in the car maybe.

Last edited by fvdham; 2012-07-21 at 06:10 PM.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
After watching a little bit of the stream I was left a little disappointed. Mostly by the ground combat. It was everything I feared it would be. Ridiculously fast TTK and generic iron sight camping chokehold gameplay.
Organization and vehicle support will make a huge difference once the game has kicked off.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Daemonn
Private

Anyone got the stream on YouTube yet?
Old 2012-07-21, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Biscuit
Sergeant

Infil Snipers + Night time = lots of pain and suffering
Old 2012-07-21, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
sameer
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Daemonn View Post
Anyone got the stream on YouTube yet?
Im hoping someone does/did.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Serjikal
Private

I actually disagree, I like the idea of holding chokepoints and knowing if you run in to a stupid situation you're probably going to die. I approve of dieing in 4-5 bullets instead of half a magazine. But then again I come from BF2:PR where Infantry were dead if they were in the open or surrounded by armor or air and relied on said armor/air to be effective or have a proper squad composition to live.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
Organization and vehicle support will make a huge difference once the game has kicked off.
I don't see how that's going to make any difference to how fast the TTKs are with infantry weapons, but okay.

Originally Posted by Serjikal View Post
I actually disagree, I like the idea of holding chokepoints and knowing if you run in to a stupid situation you're probably going to die. I approve of dieing in 4-5 bullets instead of half a magazine. But then again I come from BF2:PR where Infantry were dead if they were in the open or surrounded by armor or air and relied on said armor/air to be effective or have a proper squad composition to live.
I think a high TTK is necessary for a game like Planetside though. There's going to be literally hundreds of people shooting at you. When you just one person has the potential to pretty much instagib you.

I don't like the whole "I saw you first I win" gameplay. The TTK is so fast you have absolutely no way to react. In PS1 the TTKs where low enough where if someone ambushed you or the jump you still had time to react. Doesn't look like you can do that now.

The lightning fast TTK will also attribute to whole lot more camping. Look at games like COD or BF where the TTK is so fast. Camping is very prevalent in those games because it's more beneficial to sit at a chokepoint and pick people off than it is to push forward since the threat of being instapwned is always present.

I hope the ground vehicle/aircraft gameplay will be enjoyable, because I can't see myself enjoying the infantry combat as of right now. And yes, I know this early tech test footage and everything is subject to change in the future, but I think the core gameplay for the infantry combat is here. I really doubt they will lower the TTKs to the point where I'd enjoy it, and that's where all my worry and doubt comes from.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-07-21, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

I hope the ground vehicle/aircraft gameplay will be enjoyable, because I can't see myself enjoying the infantry combat as of right now.
Have you seen how long they last ? Tanks will do just like infantry: camp from a safe spot.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Serjikal View Post
I second this. I also like killing someone I get the jump on. One of the most frustrating things for me in regards to PS1 is unloading into someone with a rifle and they either turn around and kill me with their HA, or they have more than ample life/time to get behind a tree and recover. I'm not fool enough to run out there and flank them though. Between 3rd person, their HA, and any nearby allies they may have, I'm just going to die.

...How satisfying that experience is over and over and over and over again...
Old 2012-07-21, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
I second this. I also like killing someone I get the jump on. One of the most frustrating things for me in regards to PS1 is unloading into someone with a rifle and they either turn around and kill me with their HA, or they have more than ample life/time to get behind a tree and recover. I'm not fool enough to run out there and flank them though. Between 3rd person, their HA, and any nearby allies they may have, I'm just going to die.

...How satisfying that experience is over and over and over and over again...
So you didn't like how people, given enough skill and reaction time were still able to fight back despite you getting the jump on them? I think we're on totally different wavelengths when it comes to what's we find enjoyable for infantry combat.

I loved the combat in PS1. I loved how the TTKs for every gun was very long and how there were no headshots. There was no locational damage at all in the game. It was just about keeping your crosshairs on your opponent and evading bullets. It was incredibly intense to get in a long, exasperated duel with someone where each shot made a huge difference. It wasn't about who got the jump on somewhere first. It was about maintaining your accuracy and evading shots, it made getting multikills so much more enjoyable.

Shooting someone 3 times and having them die instantly is only fun for so long for me. But it looks like I'm only one negative voice amongst hundreds of other ones praising that sort of gameplay.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-07-21, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

So you didn't like how people, given enough skill and reaction time were still able to fight back despite you getting the jump on them? I think we're on totally different wavelengths when it comes to what's we find enjoyable for infantry combat.

I loved the combat in PS1. I loved how the TTKs for every gun was very long and how there were no headshots. There was no locational damage at all in the game. It was just about keeping your crosshairs on your opponent and evading bullets. It was incredibly intense to get in a long, exasperated duel with someone where each shot made a huge difference. It wasn't about who got the jump on somewhere first. It was about maintaining your accuracy and evading shots, it made getting multikills so much more enjoyable.

Shooting someone 3 times and having them die instantly is only fun for so long for me. But it looks like I'm only one negative voice amongst hundreds of other ones praising that sort of gameplay.
Oh look, 2003 combat. Welcome to modern day, where if you get shot in the head you die. Where bullets will penetrate armor and kill you. Look at arma 2, getting a kill at all is enjoyable.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Oh look, 2003 combat. Welcome to modern day, where if you get shot in the head you die. Where bullets will penetrate armor and kill you. Look at arma 2, getting a kill at all is enjoyable.
This is the most asinine logic ever. Just because it's modern doesn't mean it's good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion