Vanu advantages/disadvantages - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: we be off da' hizzy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-22, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Re: Vanu advantages/disadvantages

@Pyreal

I don't know. There's some really professional rabblers around here. You'll have your work cut out for you.

I kind of see your points, though We'll see how it works
Old 2012-07-22, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Trip
Corporal

Id like to show you to this thread

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...t=45122&page=2

and specially to this post concerning weapons,

Originally Posted by Hosp View Post

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...S2Analysis.jpg

I'll retype soon(im at work), but accuracy falloff is the distance at which bullet drop would become so great that it's hard to compensate. With VS having none, it pushes the TRs up a little, but the NCs down a little.

And yes, photubucket likes to resize things down. It's annoying for anything with normal sized text.

For those who couldn't read:

This is an interpolation of Data based on the Dev PC Gamer Graphic, PS1 Gameplay, and (to a lesser extent) Physics.

Starting with Accuracy, It should be noted that accuracy seems to mean how well the bullet travels along a straight path prior to bullet declination (due to gravity) taking over. What this essentially means is that, assuming no recoil, your shots should always hit along a vertical line. Something to keep in mind, this is off from actual physics where recoil would be interpolated as such, and accuracy as an overall value via recoil and declination (among other environmental factors). So it appears the devs are using Accuracy as a value for bullet declination and recoil for all-around movement, essentially bloom.

With this in mind, the VS weapons have no gravitational effects on them. So they have 100% accuracy before bloom. The fact they have a recoil value though means they won't always have pinpoint accuracy. Gun a Mag-Rider in PS1? There's always that little amount of play where the shot will miss in spite of aiming dead on and holding still.
The NC have a "High" initial accuracy. Meaning the first few shots should be dead on in close to moderate range. But their high falloff requires compensation at range due to heavier bullets falling faster [due to drag].
The TR are supposed to have "Moderate" initial accuracy. But relative to the other Empires, they would be low. That being said their falloff is lower as lighter bullets [due to smaller surface area being dragged] won't drop as fast and are therefore more accurate at range.
Now, the VS are missing in the falloff category because they have no falloff. because of that gap, it can be interpreted that the NCs falloff isn't as bad as may initially seem while the TRs is slightly worse. However, this still means that at range, the TR will have a slightly easier time hitting an NC assuming both are of equal skill.

Next Recoil. Due to VS lack of bullet declination, their energy powered weapons seem to recoil much more. So as mentioned already about the Mag-Rider, as accurate as it is, there's always that chance the bloom will cause a miss.
The NC have a low burst recoil, meaning depending on the weapons, a 3 or 4 round burst should cause little bloom. But their sustained fire will turn their weapons into paint sprayers. This is just as it was in PS1 with the Gauss Rifle.
The TR have a higher Burst recoil and lower sustained recoil. This can be taken to mean that while they bloom quickly, the bloom will not get horribly worse by just holding the trigger, OR not as worse as fast. I believe the latter to be the more plausible case due to the entirety of the factors being taken into account in this analysis.

Next Rate of Fire. Pretty straight forward. My only beggin question about RoF is that it is theoretical assuming an endless supply of ammo. If a given weapon in a particular class reloads significantly faster than others, that could throw off quite a bit of balance.

Falloff:
As seen with the NC, If you can put you lead on target, damage won't drop very fast at range. (arbitrary numbers) if you do 100% damage at 50m, you'll be doing 90% at 75m.
TR, their lighter bullets explain RoF to compensate for their lack of stopping power. If you do 100% at 50m you'll do 80-85% at 75m.
VS, due to their accuracy bonuses have the worst damage falloff. If you do 100% at 50m, you'll do 75-80% at 75m.

Something that hasn't been mentioned anywhere was if the various empires will have effective cutoff ranges to their weapons. This was seen in PS1 with a few weapons where it was possible to sit outside of some ranges while looking at the poor guy trying to shoot you and you're not taking any damage because the rounds disappear.
Reload times and an Empire whose weapons have the longest effective range before cutoff (if cutoffs exist) would throw off the balance of this analysis and potentially create an overpowered empire.

NOTE* This obviously only applies to "Gun/Cannon" weapons and not launchers, shotguns, flame throwers, rockets etc.
according to this analysis vanu have comparatively high accuracy, high recoil and sustained recoil and high damage fall off. They have medium damage, medium rate of fire and no accuracy falloff

Last edited by Trip; 2012-07-22 at 10:30 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Id like to show you to this thread

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...t=45122&page=2

and specially to this post concerning weapons,

according to this analysis vanu have comparatively high accuracy, high recoil and sustained recoil and high damage fall off. They have medium damage, medium rate of fire and no accuracy falloff
So, assuming I understood that correctly, the VS have high accuracy but also high recoil and lower damage? That sounds extremely counter-intuitive.

Last edited by Rasui; 2012-07-22 at 10:57 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

We just make this shii look good.
Old 2012-07-23, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Yutty
Sergeant

wait main vanu is suppose to have advantage of no bullet drops & less travel time? I was watching higby's latest stream as a NC sniper and i could swear his shots didn't suffer from bullet drop. He landed a few head shots which looked pretty much like it was Hitscan.
Old 2012-07-23, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Kyros
Corporal

VS weapons have always been rather sub par in comparison to the other factions.[Lasher used to be good but got nerfed into the ground.] A five year old can compensate for bulletdrop, lack of bulletdrop isn't an advantage unless you're completely new to shooters. Also not only do our weapons degrade but they also give away our position by being BRIGHT AND SHINY, HEY LOOK AT ME, I'M SHOOTING FROM OVER HERE. There was also the fact that in PS1 we could switch between armor piercing and normal shots without 'reloading' but i don't know if that's going to be in PS2.

However VS have one thing the other factions don't. Cool Factor.
And that is why I will always play them.

Last edited by Kyros; 2012-07-23 at 12:38 AM.
Old 2012-07-23, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Yutty View Post
wait main vanu is suppose to have advantage of no bullet drops & less travel time? I was watching higby's latest stream as a NC sniper and i could swear his shots didn't suffer from bullet drop. He landed a few head shots which looked pretty much like it was Hitscan.
no he was aiming slightly above the targets head.
Old 2012-07-23, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Envenom
Sergeant Major

I don't see any advantages to Vanu... I suggest you switch to TR
Old 2012-07-23, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

pew pew motherfuckers!
Old 2012-07-23, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Novice bot
Sergeant

Well, a lot of information states that Vanu weapons produce virtually no recoil, which is the actual "accuracy advantage" of Vanu.
Old 2012-07-23, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Novice bot View Post
Well, a lot of information states that Vanu weapons produce virtually no recoil, which is the actual "accuracy advantage" of Vanu.
Can we get clarification on this once and for all?

Do Vanu weapons have high recoil or low recoil?
Old 2012-07-23, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Novice bot
Sergeant

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
Can we get clarification on this once and for all?

Do Vanu weapons have high recoil or low recoil?
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Vanu_Sovereignty

Now to scavenge the video where one of the devs said something in related to "VS weapons having smallest recoil"
Old 2012-07-23, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

In theory they shouldn't have ANY recoil. They're lasers. No moving parts, dammit!
Old 2012-07-23, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
In theory they shouldn't have ANY recoil. They're lasers. No moving parts, dammit!
Theyre not lasers though. By the look of them, they fire bolts of superheated plasma or something similiar. Theres definitely a projectile there, as it has travel time and isn't a beam.
Old 2012-07-23, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Revanmug
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Yutty View Post
1. Most shot and kill seems to be between 150-300 meters. Are you expecting huge bullet drop in such a short short distance?

2. His crosshair was actually over people's head. Rewatch it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion