IR/NV - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Link Me!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-12, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
SpunkyKuma
Private

Re: IR/NV

I rarely use the NV, and when I do it's on the infiltrator Artemis rifle so I can scout around. NV is terrible to use while indoors (or biolab) but works nicely when outside fighting between base and outposts. Otherwise I'm always using the 1X or 2X RDS.

Vehicle thermal is amazing, if that was on infantry weapons, it'd be brutally OP.

Last edited by SpunkyKuma; 2013-01-12 at 04:07 PM.
Old 2013-01-12, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Eliphas
Private

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Infrared optics work by using an infrared flashlight. This stuff should both be super short ranged and the guy who is using it should be lit up to everyone else using ir. Thermal is a completely different animal.
I do not agree with the super short comment seeing how I am staring at IR screen that can see for several km out in any direction in the meddle of Afghanistan. I do think seeing how the cloak that the infiltrators use bends light, I do not think it is needed to have a special cert or gear to stay out of IR in the first place. If you want to spot cloakers make thermals available. The British have developed (still in test phase) IR plating for tanks so adding that as a deter-ant is a simple fix. Maybe add some comm assets to the bases or aircraft. Make a comm net work relaying on the bases and sub bases. But I am getting of track here sorry.
Old 2013-01-12, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Towe View Post
What is this bullshit with IR and NV working perfectly during day, even showing enemies much better than normal sights?

Imo there should be almost no contrast on NV during the day, IR could get a LITTLE more contrast but shouldnt be able to see terrain.

Just a quick thought about how to solve this, I would be fine with almost everything that made it a stupid move to use those in daylight.

Oh yea, and make night last a bit longer, otherwise it might not be worth it switching to IR/NV. Maybe a longer night on Amerish and a shorter one on Indar? Just a thought, discuss...
Well its as light outside during the night as it is during the day so way even care about that?....

But they already nerfed NVIR scoops. And the what they came up with is a quite good solution. I don't think there is any need what so ever to change anything here.

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-01-12 at 09:56 PM.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Eliphas View Post
I do not agree with the super short comment seeing how I am staring at IR screen that can see for several km out in any direction in the meddle of Afghanistan. I do think seeing how the cloak that the infiltrators use bends light, I do not think it is needed to have a special cert or gear to stay out of IR in the first place. If you want to spot cloakers make thermals available. The British have developed (still in test phase) IR plating for tanks so adding that as a deter-ant is a simple fix. Maybe add some comm assets to the bases or aircraft. Make a comm net work relaying on the bases and sub bases. But I am getting of track here sorry.
What are you using as a ir broadcaster?
Old 2013-01-12, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Chewy
Major

MY point of view on this is.

IR- Black and white filter that's useable at all times and ranges. Ignores smoke and blacks out cloaks (think Metro 2033 ghosts)
NV- Basic green filter. Useable at all hours and ranges but takes time to adjust if not dark and is effected by cloaks like normal vision (shimmering only)
Therm- What we got now with highlights and limited range. But maybe give it a new color filter.

Basically make the highlighting a thermal only perk at cost of range.
Old 2013-01-13, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Ir nv for both vehicles and infantry needs a big nerf. Its too much of an ez mode. Its just stupid op on vehicles, you dont really have to look to be able to discern every infantry and vehicle within sight. For infantry you can pick out cloaked infiltrators too easily and it works great through smoke, daylight and almost everything else that you can throw at it. These nightvision add ons need to be fixed so the other sughts would be just as useful.
Yeah. And I'm a dalton whore.

I think at the very least some sort of motion blur and lack of contast as a bare minimum, especially during daylight.
Old 2013-01-13, 05:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Towe
Private

Originally Posted by Strategy View Post
Yes, why not nerf it? They're going to nerf everything in time anyway because, unfortunately, players don't want to learn to improve.
Improve??? How do you improve on not beeing seen when youre highlighted like a cristmastree?

By the logic of that stupid statement giving people aimbots would get them to improve their skills...
Old 2013-01-13, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Improve??? How do you improve on not beeing seen when youre highlighted like a cristmastree?

By the logic of that stupid statement giving people aimbots would get them to improve their skills...

I get the impression you are either a really bad inf or you have never actually tried a NV scope - maybe both.
Old 2013-01-13, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Lowlight nightvision and infrared shouldnt be able to see through smoke. Thats only in the realm of thermalvision. And I think they need to make thermal optics even shorter range than what we have, its just too easy once you have that cert.
Edit-Also lowlight and infrared shouldnt highlight people and vehicles.

Last edited by Sledgecrushr; 2013-01-13 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2013-01-13, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

If you think MV scopes are so great - use them.

The truth is they involve trade offs like everything else in the game.
mostly people want them nerfed because they personally dont like the penalties but they resnt everyone who enures the penalties for the benefits.
Old 2013-01-13, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
jsnipy
Private

Sounds like QQ ...

I don't think IR/NV it is op, could maybe see it get some range diminished. Also, an enemies flashlight attachment should act as more of disruptor/counter for it.

Good for seeing cloakers.

Last edited by jsnipy; 2013-01-13 at 11:38 AM.
Old 2013-01-14, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Towe
Private

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I get the impression you are either a really bad inf or you have never actually tried a NV scope - maybe both.
Can you explain this?
Old 2013-01-14, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Can you explain this?

Really hoping for some dev attention arent we?

Just because they nerfed air due to a ground swell against the balance that doesnt mean they will nerf everything that gets a whine thread.
Old 2013-01-14, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Moodel
Private

I use and have used the NV scopes almost entirely since the start of the game.

I only use it because it highlights and makes it easier for me to hunt and kill Infiltrators......something I do very well

I guarantee if they nerfed them they would introduce a scope to make it easier for Infiltrator hunting.
Old 2013-01-14, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
If you think MV scopes are so great - use them.

The truth is they involve trade offs like everything else in the game.
mostly people want them nerfed because they personally dont like the penalties but they resnt everyone who enures the penalties for the benefits.
You're correct concerning the infantry NV scopes.

But there's no downside to strapping NV/Thermal on a vehicle and highlighting every enemy in the radius.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion