PlanetSide 2 Activity Poll - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why did the Vanu cross the road?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: When was the last time you played PlanetSide 2?
Within the last 30 days 93 76.86%
Within the last 3 months 15 12.40%
Within the last 6 months 6 4.96%
Over 6 months ago 7 5.79%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-19, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide 2 Activity Poll

I log in regularly for the certs and play when IRL commitments allow me.

One of the good things with the game is that you can pick up and go for small sessions (even 10-20 mins) and still have some fun.

Other than that, I don't plan to let my sub carry on after the end of the current cycle. Maybe later if the game starts to evolve towards a state where there's more 'Planetside' in it.
Old 2013-11-19, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Lucky you squeezed in a couple of hours the other day Hamma or you'd be ticking option 2
Old 2013-11-20, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Well, it is interesting to see that peeps that have played in the last thirty days have it by a vast majority.

I'm wondering if the one of the polls should have included, "within the last seven days."
Old 2013-11-20, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Well, it is interesting to see that peeps that have played in the last thirty days have it by a vast majority.

I'm wondering if the one of the polls should have included, "within the last seven days."
1) Forum users are something like < 2% of a playerbase.
2) PSU is like a dedicated fraction of the 2%.
3) Someone that has lost interest wouldn't have voted at all.

It's hard to pull too much meaning from it other than the most dedicated Planetside fans play the game sometimes.
Old 2013-11-20, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post

It's hard to pull too much meaning from it other than the most dedicated Planetside fans play the game sometimes.
Now I want a within 7 days option to disprove that silly theory. I get on at least once every 3-4 days myself (I used to get on every 1-3 but the game's slowly losing its charm).
Old 2013-11-20, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Another thread gave me an idea..

If you are reading this you are obviously a reader and likely poster on PlanetSide Universe. So I deliver this question:

When was the last time you played?
Hmm the poll questions does not really reflect active players at all. If you have not played the game in 7 days, the last time, I would not call you an active player. If you're an active player you should have less then 48 hours between logins.

Was one week ago I lodged in to the game last time just to see how they did on there performance patch. But before that it was maybe 3 weeks I was on.

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-11-20 at 04:13 AM.
Old 2013-11-20, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
elements
Private

Every day since i have installed it
Old 2013-11-20, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Yeah, but, this is a poll of this website and who ever is active here at the moment and so I use the results to measure the feelings here. No point in worrying about the thousands of people who never venture here
Old 2013-11-20, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

I agree that posters on PSU is a very small subset of the population. The point, tho, is to illustrate if the people who discuss what's going on with PS2 in this forum are actually playing the game. There's been a lot of changes in the past few updates and then OMFG.

The poll seems to be trying to determine if the perspectives of forum posters are based upon the current status/content in the game? I mean seriously, how long is the list of changes in the past 6 months. Does someone who hasn't played in that long have a solid understanding of the "current" game?

Last edited by kubacheski; 2013-11-20 at 08:07 AM.
Old 2013-11-20, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

PSU isn't just another forum, though. It's always been more of a think tank.
Old 2013-11-21, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
ThreeLions
Private

Everyday for me. Im new so no surprise. Cant wait to log in and cause some carnage. Doesnt tend to work out that way, but i still have fun.
Old 2013-11-21, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Fenrys
Major

About a month and a half ago, an intern living on our farm poured a can of diesel on the 1st floor of my house and lit it while I was sleeping. My friends and I all escaped without injury, and the arsonist is caught and going to prison for 20 years to life. Our kitchen had to be demolished, and everything is covered in soot and needs to be wiped off/repainted/re-carpeted, but the house is still structurally sound.

I've been cleaning up and putting things back together ever since - not much time for gaming, and the only LAN connection is an outdoor wireless AP running out the window of the heavily smoke damaged building. 30+ people trying to share one 1.5mb T1 line via a wireless AP does not make for a good online FPS experience.

I wish I could get back into PS2, esp. for 2x xp weekend.
Old 2013-11-21, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Last night was absolutely epic. There was literally a que on every continent for every faction. All night long we had even maxed out pops. I really hope the floodgates have opened and that this game will finally go mainstream.
Old 2013-11-21, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
SixShooter
Captain

I'm going to have to take over my kids computer for a couple days. Missing out on 2x XP is unacceptable.

Old 2013-11-22, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

I log in occasionally for the certs, but I haven't played seriously in months (maybe six months? Not really sure...)

There's not really any one thing that put me off the game, I think I just got bored of having the same old fights over and over - that and all my RL friends stopped playing. Overall I had a lot of fun with PS2, but I don't think it ever hit the same highs as PS1.

Perhaps I'll give it another go this weekend for the double XP, it may be long enough since I last played for it to feel fresh again.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion