News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 30 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma...man...myth...monster
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-26, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #436
Monsta
Corporal

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
I mean look at the VS womenses! They're wearing burkas

hm..
Old 2012-07-26, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #437
Simokon
Corporal

Originally Posted by damijin View Post
Okay, we dont have to use bad and good.

TR are the Empire.
NC are the Rebellion.
Vanu are a bunch of kids who found the Jedi's old shit and started a cargo cult around it.

Better?
I loled at the vanu part
Old 2012-07-26, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #438
Kitsune
Sergeant

That was an awesome cinematic though. Really epic. I know a lot of you are not much for the over-the-top epic stunts, but as long as you are not passing the inhuman threshold for the advertsised character when he's supposed to be human, then I don't mind

The guy was skilled, very freaking skilled. Not like he shot laser beams out of his eyes or anything.

But I digress.

Great trailer, could have done with a bit better script, narration, and music, but I liked it a lot. Great job guys
Old 2012-07-26, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #439
Edelhonk
Private

Originally Posted by Monsta View Post

hm..
the first 2 are not female models
Old 2012-07-26, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #440
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
That was an awesome cinematic though. Really epic. I know a lot of you are not much for the over-the-top epic stunts, but as long as you are not passing the inhuman threshold for the advertsised character when he's supposed to be human, then I don't mind

The guy was skilled, very freaking skilled. Not like he shot laser beams out of his eyes or anything.

But I digress.

Great trailer, could have done with a bit better script, narration, and music, but I liked it a lot. Great job guys
I guess the idea is we all would be extremely skilled and fearless if we knew once dead we would be back fit as a fiddle in 10 seconds. I just think about some of the dates I had been on in my youth.....I could have just walked in front of a bus...."Whack!" ended the date and drop pod back to my couch to catch the end of the game....that would have been handy. (stick her with the check too haha) Hmm...I think there is a movie in here somewhere?

Last edited by VaderShake; 2012-07-26 at 08:19 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #441
Oryon22
First Sergeant

Got the blooding rushing. Good job guys!

Old 2012-07-26, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #442
Harlequin
Private

Originally Posted by Simokon View Post
Awesome trailer, so when is the other 120 minutes of the movie coming out?
Something like that crossed my mind too! Loved the trailer. If only the game looked like that, although I've no complaints about how it does look.
Old 2012-07-26, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #443
Monsta
Corporal

Originally Posted by Edelhonk View Post
the first 2 are not female models
I don't know what worst, a woman or a men in a burqa.. What do you think?
Old 2012-07-26, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #444
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
As awesome as the trailer looks (and moreso, as awesome as it is to see SOE actually take the effort to make an A+ cinematic trailer like this for PS2 ), I don't dig the script. It focuses so much on its (of course ruggedly handsome) protagonist and his completely over-the-top feats that, as was said in one earlier post, a Planetside newbie may well think this is a friggin' SINGLE PLAYER GAME, when PS2 is in fact as opposite from that as you can possibly be.

I would've much rather liked to see that epic battle from multiple POVs, cutting between guys on different classes, different vehicles - and of course different empires. You know, show the whole diversity within the epic scale of PS2, and convey that YOU, the player, could be any of those roles shown.
I agree with Rook here. It felt a bit like watching "Die Hard 10" or something
Old 2012-07-26, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #445
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

I really liked the trailer was pretty epic, I just wish like a lot of others it had focused more on each faction equally. But like Radarx said above its not about that its just about marketing and showing the scale of the game. In all honesty I understand why they did it this way, because people can relate more to one character in a 3 minute spot than they could to a host of characters in that same time allotment. The goal of the add is to draw in new players/customers and these new people just see some guy kicking ass and thats all theyre going to remember anyways. Even though it seems like it didnt show much of the other two empires besides NC, it showed some good qualities of each of those empires. The TR it showed on the galaxy all together which showed that they were organized, when the dude shot them all up i think it was the pilot that jumped at him and tried to start choking him lol. That shows TR dont take no shit and will fight back. Then at the end my favorite part, it showed the VS ninja chicks appear and inform him of the error of his ways. It showed the VS are patient and focus on planning ahead, waiting for the right moment to strike. Minimal effort for maximum result.

So in the end even though it did focus on the NC it chose a single character to embody what planetside 2 is gonna be about and i think it portrayed that very well. I think itd be awesome though if they did a trailer like this in the flavour of each empire. I mean theyre going to make more trailers im sure so why not use this same formula for each one? Cause seriously that part on the galaxy where hes shooting it up then it crashed. That was bad ass....
Old 2012-07-26, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #446
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Thoreaux View Post
This does exactly what it needed to. It wasn't made for PSU fans. Just like political ads target "low-information voters", this targets the uniformed with flash and pizzazz. Page hits, blog posts, google searches
This really is the key, it wasn't made for us fans already its made to create new fans. We can talk about it till we are blue in the face but it is what it is.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-26, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #447
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Great work, I loved it. Blur does some sick shit.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #448
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shinjorai View Post
I think itd be awesome though if they did a trailer like this in the flavour of each empire. I mean theyre going to make more trailers im sure
Certainly not as elaborate and costly as this one tho. I'm already blown away they actually made this, I'd be completely dumbfounded if they pull a SW:TOR on us and make MULTIPLE 3min+ uber cinematic trailers.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #449
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

I liked it but the people who come in expecting to be a lone wolf and destroying galaxies as a light assault with bullets/lasers are going to be extremely disappointed. Great job regardless of that.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #450
Hamma
PSU Admin

They will be easier to kill.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion