IMO KillCam killing the Game - Page 31 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Not that anyone ever cussed in EverQuest" - SmokeJumper
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: KillCam in Planetside2?
No-Go 198 72.53%
No Problem 75 27.47%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-04, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #451
HoovesMcG
Corporal

Re: IMO KillCam killing the Game

Im against it. I am SO fricken tired of every game developer catering to the retards and LAMER kids that cant handle actually figurin gout how to assault and not just rushing in like Twinkies.

Let there be some damn skill. The fact that Devs even thought this was a good idea shows how willing they are to scrap veterans and go for the re-re kid market. Its embarassing they would even consider this. Why not have giant traingles on everyones heads too. and no voip, and 4 man squads, Oh Wait that's Battlefield 3, made by a company that has single handedley RUINED the BF series by catering to Morons instaed of their veteran base. Don't even start down this road.
Old 2012-02-04, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #452
HitbackTR
Sergeant

Originally Posted by HoovesMcG View Post
Im against it. I am SO fricken tired of every game developer catering to the retards and LAMER kids that cant handle actually figurin gout how to assault and not just rushing in like Twinkies.

Let there be some damn skill. The fact that Devs even thought this was a good idea shows how willing they are to scrap veterans and go for the re-re kid market. Its embarassing they would even consider this. Why not have giant traingles on everyones heads too. and no voip, and 4 man squads, Oh Wait that's Battlefield 3, made by a company that has single handedley RUINED the BF series by catering to Morons instaed of their veteran base. Don't even start down this road.
This^^^^^^^I couldn't f**king agree more.
Old 2012-02-04, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #453
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by HoovesMcG View Post
Oh Wait that's Battlefield 3, made by a company that has single handedley RUINED the BF series by catering to Morons instaed of their veteran base. Don't even start down this road.
Unfortunately marketing is going to look at BF3 selling 10 million copies and MW3 grossing over $1 billion. If you were in their shoes what conclusion would you draw from that? It won't be that BF3 ruined the series, that's for sure.
Old 2012-02-04, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #454
HoovesMcG
Corporal

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Unfortunately marketing is going to look at BF3 selling 10 million copies and MW3 grossing over $1 billion. If you were in their shoes what conclusion would you draw from that? It won't be that BF3 ruined the series, that's for sure.

Including these INSANELY lame azz features has nothing to do with it selling 10 million copies. Their marketing campaign did. They Sold the majority of those copies in pre orders when not a damn soul knew the extent of terribleness that game was becoming. In fact most of the forums there are littered with "OH MY GOD YOU RUINED IT" threads.

SOE, given the same marketing budget, (unlikely) and a pre order push that rivaled the Space program. Could sell 10 million. And not change a thing from PS1 bar the GFX engine.

The player base in BF3 has dropped sharply since release as well, since the gameplay is as shallow as a cheerleader.

But honestly we don't even have to go into that conversation to prove Kill Cam is a rotten idea. It will absolutly destroy what gameplay in PS1 was. All about teamwork. PS1 rewarded the team with More teamwork. Kill Cam gives a free look at the enemy because you SUCKED enough to get killed.

Its this God damned "every one get s a trophy, because winning isn't important" Bullshit that is dragging our society into the mud, and now its infected video games. So much that you cant just win on skill. You're given a "Oh its ok that you died, and to not make you feel so bad we'll show you where you were to F-ing stupid to look in the first place".

ARRGH Dont put it in!!
Old 2012-02-04, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #455
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
For an MMO the primary concern is player retention and an increase in players overall, as opposed to copies sold.

Kinda like how SWTOR has millions of subscriptions but 1/4 of the players are already quitting.
Old 2012-02-09, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #456
Fenrys
Major

My definition of a kill cam is about 2 seconds of footage from your opponents point of view. The 2 seconds end when your body hits the floor. It tells you what your opponent was doing, but not where they are going next.

I'd be OK with it if there were a cap on the range at which it triggered.

For example, if the player who frags you was within 10 meters, you get a kill cam (mostly indoors). Next time you're assaulting that base, you'll know to check behind that box.

If the player who kills you is farther away, no kill cam for you. If you want to figure out what cover the sniper or tank is hiding behind, you need to work for it.
Old 2012-02-10, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #457
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Not a big fan of classic killcam myself, but perhaps what they mean is that it shows the moment of your death in slow motion or something instead of showing the enemy his location... would that be considered a "Deathcam" then?
Old 2012-02-10, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #458
ShockNC
Sergeant

the Killcam really only has two reasons to be in game. the first reason is to combat spawn campers (combine this with rotating, random spawn points and you neuter the spawn camper threat) and for E-Peen fapping.

the mobile nature of PS makes the first reason redundant and the second one an annonyance to the person sniping.
Old 2012-02-10, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #459
Reginald
Private

So, what kind of a killcam is it.

1. BF - A 3rd person camera view of your killer, after your death. Revealing stats such as; Rank, weapon, attachments/spec, health @ time of kill.

2. Call of Duty - A replay of your death from the perspective of your killer

IMO the CoD way is the more "helpful" type.
Old 2012-02-10, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #460
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
So, what kind of a killcam is it.
From some of Higby's comments, I expect something like the CoD killcam, where it shows you a snippet of the past from your killer's point of view.
Old 2012-02-10, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #461
Raka Maru
Major

IMO I don't think anyone should see anything from anyone else's point of view. This is not just a fragfest, but a strategy game.
Old 2012-02-10, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #462
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
IMO I don't think anyone should see anything from anyone else's point of view. This is not just a fragfest, but a strategy game.
Planetside is a massive frag fest.

Chess is a strategy game.
Old 2012-02-10, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #463
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
Planetside is a massive frag fest.

Chess is a strategy game.
Planetside is both. There should be absolutely no killcam whatsoever.
Old 2012-02-10, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #464
Raka Maru
Major

Fragfest yes, strategy yes.

Free intel from others POV, please no.

In another post I suggested a use for the killcams because I know they are so popular.

Flat screen TVs that loop with the winning empire kill shots after a base is captured. Gory kills that happened within the SOI as a reward for the new conquerors.
Old 2012-02-10, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #465
DayOne
Captain

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Flat screen TVs that loop with the winning empire kill shots after a base is captured. Gory kills that happened within the SOI as a reward for the new conquerors.
I can see the choke holds on free information already.

Mmmm...taste that propaganda!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion