Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 31 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: this ISN'T SPARTA!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #451
raidyr
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Planetside 2 does not need prone.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #452
Stew
Major

I would like to see more evidance than theorie in here and i would like to see facts instead of agains blindless theorie from both side !

Put up video like i did and to not ignore facts and proof

we will never have something constructive out of this if no ones try to actually see the whole truth inside this topics

been frustrated by some few games do not make this or thats mecanic totally bad or good etc..

anyway i think now it will start to go personal and all this and its disapointing to see people blindly just put up jugement whiout considering anything else smart or any proove as a argument

the whole debate seams sterile

some say We dont want prone thats it i dont like prone or prone = camping

wich is wrong

and many thing proove it

saying be for prone and not aving anything to actually proove the point is also bad for the debate
Old 2012-06-10, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #453
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by raidyr View Post
Planetside 2 does not need prone.
See this actually mean nothing

its like saying

planetside need prone

why ? why planeteside need prone ?

why & why planetside do not need prone ?
Old 2012-06-10, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #454
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
because in many situation while in the action as infantry you need to go pronse to use a little hill as a cover or a buch of smalls rocks etc.. to be able to survive and those who said the opposite misunderstand the usage of prone Look up their the MAg video ive post every (( prone campers )) in MAG get destroy the prone is a way to play with cover for efficient infantry soldiers !

prone if implemented like Mag and as a good hit registration will ad to the game whiout making anything bad to it

LOOk up their in mag video and show me how prone can be bad for planetside MAg is a 256 players game BTW
That's not even close enough of a good arguement why PS2 NEEDS prone.

Just because there is no prone, doesn't automatically mean there is no cover.

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I don't think any convincing argument has been made for a need in the literal sense. I've seen a few decent arguments that Planetside 2 would be better off with the inclusion.
Yeah, thought so.

OT: Don't care if prone or not, just no dolphindiving if there is prone.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #455
mynameismud
Corporal

people have been using cover effectively waaaaaaay long before prone was even a thought for gaming. ducking behind something with crouch has always worked fine for decades.

the only time prone is better than a crouch (considering the cover was purposely built high enough with crouch in mind) is when you are not in cover at all. When you got caught in the open and decided to hit the deck outa last resort. in which you deserve to be sent to the spawn tubes.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #456
Algo
Corporal

Put up video like i did and to not ignore facts and proof
Man, you posted a video where you go instantly prone with sights up, instantly shoot and instantly get back up.

Did you even try reading the thread?
Old 2012-06-10, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #457
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
That's not even close enough of a good arguement why PS2 NEEDS prone.

Just because there is no prone, doesn't automatically mean there is no cover.

Yeah, thought so.

OT: Don't care if prone or not, just no dolphindiving if there is prone.
The map layout in planetside 2 if not inside a base the infantry soldier will be a way to much at risk so only the big base will be figthable by infatry wich is BAD

Prone allow you to use terrain and little rock as a cover exactly the same way helicopter use mountainside as a cover

as a infantry you can manage to use the hillside rockside etc.. as a cover to securely moove foward util you get a decent cover

almost 80 % of the entire planetside maps features those key element thats make you think prone is a must have for infantry

infiltrator clock should not work while prone and have to be disactivated and not be able to activate it while prone only work while crouch and stand up probelm solve

So ive put up a MAG video but i can put up legions of them if need it to proove in a large scale game prones isnt a problem at all it do not encourage camping

But this as been ignore and people keep saying the same stuff even if this is wrong !
Old 2012-06-10, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #458
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Dear Stew,

A video demonstrating how prone adds cheese to the meal isn't going to help our position, brother.

Love,
Mara
Old 2012-06-10, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #459
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Algo View Post
Man, you posted a video where you go instantly prone with sights up, instantly shoot and instantly get back up.

Did you even try reading the thread?
Have u seen any guys on prone camping who dominate anyones ? the only hills pronme camper as been detroy by my friend Moejoe
Old 2012-06-10, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #460
Algo
Corporal

Nope, just saw a video of a guy sitting off spawn hitting the instaprone when shit hit the fan.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #461
duomaxwl
Captain

Have u seen any guys on prone camping who dominate anyones ? the only hills pronme camper as been detroy by my friend Moejoe
Stew, I can understand your position. You want prone. That's fine. But the majority do not. You won't be able to change their minds. It's a feature that most do not want, and it's not in the game because the dev's did not want it. You can keep arguing all you want, but you will most likely not be able to change this. The chances of prone being in this game are slim to none.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #462
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Algo View Post
Nope, just saw a video of a guy sitting off spawn hitting the instaprone when shit hit the fan.
lost of time talking to someone like this
Old 2012-06-10, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #463
Elude
First Sergeant

Prone is redundant, how many times do I have to keep saying this lol, it's in every way just like crouch with some variation. If we add prone I would ask that we remove crouching.

Fighting games seem to understand this, why can't shooters?
Old 2012-06-10, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #464
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by duomaxwl View Post
Stew, I can understand your position. You want prone. That's fine. But the majority do not. You won't be able to change their minds. It's a feature that most do not want, and it's not in the game because the dev's did not want it. You can keep arguing all you want, but you will most likely not be able to change this. The chances of prone being in this game are slim to none.
This isnt a arguments this isnt a reason If prone do not be in their is must be a reason saying i dont want prone isnt a reason and if the reason is Prone = camping for exemple wich is wrong and i can proove it so why no prone why these guys should be taken as a exemple if their reason agains prone are irrevelant ?

Prone is usefulls for proper infantry moove

The dev as states at E3 thats prone will be implemented and tested in the close BETA i think you miss many thing at e3

And iam totally for to test it out and figure out whats best

in some old games like battlefield 2 and Bf2mc the prone was overuse and was exploits a little like mods controlers COD drop shot exploits

But with decents prone mechanics and anti exploits prone become what it should be a utility moove to get cover and use terrain !

so yeah it seams for you its all black all white

but not form me

its seams for you iam FOR prone and your agains and it seams you try to figth agains me

iam not agains you iam not blind

i want whats it will be the best for the game considering the scales the maps layout etc.. and you should do the same instead of blindly repeating thats your agains prone you in the NO team

thats make no sens to me

you should consider every option

Like if i test prone in a beta and SOE do not mamage to make prone good and fair and if prone is broken or broke the game I will BE AGAIN prone in the final build

If SOE manage to make prone good fair and cant be exploited i will be FOR prone in the final build

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-10 at 12:54 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #465
duomaxwl
Captain

This isnt a arguments this isnt a reason If prone do not be in their is must be a reason saying i dont want prone isnt a reason and if the reason is Prone = camping for exemple wich is wrong and i can proove it so why no prone why these guys should be taken as a exemple if their reason agains prone are irrevelant ?

Prone is usefulls for proper infantry moove

The dev as states at E3 thats prone will be implemented and tested in the close BETA i think you miss many thing at e3

And iam totally for to test it out and figure out whats best

in some old games like battlefield 2 and Bf2mc the prone was overuse and was exploits a little like mods controlers COD drop shot exploits

But with decents prone mechanics and anti exploits prone become what it should be a utility moove to get cover and use terrain !

so yeah it seams for you its all black all white

but not form me

its seams for you iam FOR prone and your agains and it seams you try to figth agains me

iam not agains you iam not blind

i want whats it will be the best for the game considering the scales the maps layout etc.. and you should do the same instead of blindly repeating thats your agains prone you in the NO team

thats make no sens to me

you should consider every option

Like if i test prone in a beta and SOE do not mamage to make prone good and fair and if prone is broken or broke the game I will BE AGAIN prone in the final build

If SOE manage to make prone good fair and cant be exploited i will be FOR prone in the final build
I missed that from E3. I will admit it.
Here is a reason: Prone increases the likelihood of people camping. It just does. If they can lie on the ground and make easy kills, they will do it. You can show as many videos as you want, but that's what prone does. You will not change anybodies minds about that. You can get cover from crouching. The majority of people in the poll do not want it. You're going to have to come to terms with that.

Since we like showing useless videos:
http://youtu.be/SgKyheIp7kY
There. Now I have a video showing that prone is used for camping. We can both post useless videos.

Last edited by duomaxwl; 2012-06-10 at 01:05 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion