News: Jimmy Whisenhunt Joins PlanetSide 2 Team - Page 31 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stalkin webcams since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-24, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #451
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Re: Jimmy Whisenhunt Joins PlanetSide 2 Team

Originally Posted by AzK View Post
Oh, people can be pretty damn terrible, believe me, i've won plenty of 3-4(or even more)v1 fights, not because i choose to walk into a bad situation on purpose, but simply because i had no other choice (unless i knew those people were indeed subhuman and then i did it on purpose).

You can keep on making up excuses as much as you like and keep saying that what i say makes no sense, at the end of the day, it's not me the one afraid of having a deeper and higher skill capped game. It's you.
Have you watched the E3 videos? I feel like you haven't, you should go watch them before you comment any more.

Hmm yes I agree with your points in your new posts, but those games died out because they didn't bring anything new to the table. Yes they were hard to play, but they were hard to play for all the wrong reasons.

It was a different type of game, where there is less focus on tracking and aiming and more of a focus on movement etc.

And it's not the law, for god's sake, its your opinion.

Last edited by Landtank; 2012-06-24 at 10:05 PM.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #452
AzK
Sergeant

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
The underlying reason that you all keep arguing is that you want recognition. The time for posting video's and comparing gamestyles is over. This dispute can only be settled with gunfire, in-game.

I would like to make a prediction though. The people who are going to be good at this game are the people who tend to be good at all games they play, whether it's ARMA, UT or checkers. If the aiming-skillcap is so low that everyone can be a superstar, then they will find other ways to win.
And i will, and they will whine, and call me a cheater, an exploiter, a camper, a noob, they'll wish me cancer and all those things nice people do. But for now it can't be done yet, so since bf3 is so great, i'm here replying to them instead of playing it, yes, that's how great it is.

I actually thought about going playing it like 4 hours ago. Turns out counter arguing random bs random people post here is more entertaing, what a good game.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #453
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

And i will, and they will whine, and call me a cheater, an exploiter, a camper, a noob, they'll wish me cancer and all those things nice people do. But for now it can't be done yet, so since bf3 is so great, i'm here replying to them instead of playing it, yes, that's how great it is.

I actually thought about going playing it like 4 hours ago. Turns out counter arguing random bs random people post here is more entertaing, what a good game.
Why do you keep posting your opinion like its the only one that matters?
Old 2012-06-24, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #454
Ratstomper
Major

Oh, people can be pretty damn terrible, believe me, i've won plenty of 3-4(or even more)v1 fights, not because i choose to walk into a bad situation on purpose, but simply because i had no other choice (unless i knew those people were indeed subhuman and then i did it on purpose).

This is the kind of level of play we're talking about, directly from one of my outfit members on ps1 Mohawk - Auraxium Part 1 (Planetside) - YouTube i'm pretty confident he could take on 3+ guys like you and come out on top.

You can keep on making up excuses as much as you like and keep saying that what i say makes no sense, at the end of the day, it's not me the one afraid of having a deeper and higher skill capped game. It's you.
He may be able to. He might not. That's not my playstyle. I noticed your friend using a lot of cover, shooting people in the back and while using vehicles. I didn't see any 1v3, head to head victories in there. All good tactics, but not supporting your argument (whatever the hell you're trying to say). At all. I fail to see how this will persuade me as to your skills in anything.

You've still failed to make any sort of legitimate claim as to anything really. You aren't even trying to make any point. You're just prattling on about your credentials, whatever they're worth (probably not much).

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
He's butthurt because he doesn't have a leg to stand on and can't let it go, so he's projecting on everyone else.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-06-24 at 10:13 PM.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #455
AzK
Sergeant

Have you watched the E3 videos? I feel like you haven't, you should go watch them before you comment any more.

Hmm yes I agree with your points in your new posts, but those games died out because they didn't bring anything new to the table. Yes they were hard to play, but they were hard to play for all the wrong reasons.

It was a different type of game, where there is less focus on tracking and aiming and more of a focus on movement etc.

And it's not the law, for god's sake, its your opinion.
That's nonsense, the cod franchise hasn't brought anything new to the table for like 10 years now.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #456
AzK
Sergeant

Why do you?
Old 2012-06-24, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #457
AzK
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
He may be able to. He might not. That's not my playstyle. I noticed your friend using a lot of cover, shooting people in the back and while using vehicles. I didn't see any 1v3, head to head victories in there. All good tactics, but not supporting your argument (whatever the hell you're trying to say). At all. I fail to see how this will persuade me as to your skills in anything.

You've still failed to make any sort of legitimate claim as to anything really. You aren't even trying to make any point. You're just prattling on about your credentials, whatever they're worth (probably not much).
I've made my points pages ago, with plenty of legitimate arguments, i'm not gonna re make them each time you reply with personal attacks or utter nonsense like a broken record.

I get it, what better players have to say is irrelevant, my credentials don't matter, i'm shit, mohawk is shit, mostwantedvip is shit, my whole outfit is shit, the future of shooters belongs to proning heroes who camp all day saying "watch out tango foxtrot roger delta 123 over" in their headsets.

Thankfully i didn't have much faith in the human race to begin with, else i'd be pretty depressed right now.

Last edited by AzK; 2012-06-24 at 10:17 PM.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #458
Ratstomper
Major

Why do you?

I've made my points pages ago, with plenty of legitimate arguments, i'm not gonna re make them each time you reply with personal attacks or utter nonsense like a broken record.
No hamfisted retorts this time, huh? I'm disappointed, friend.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-06-24 at 10:16 PM.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #459
BillyBob
Corporal

I have tried arma, unfortunately, but i try to keep away from shit games so i don't play it.

You have just compared the aim/twich/movement skill required to play this

to the ones required to do this

Sorry if your credibility in my eyes just reached a new low, i didn't think it was possible to go below 0 credibility, but you just did it.

No one, his right mind, could watch those 2 videos, and then say, while keeping a straight face, that arma requires the same fps aiming/twitch/movement proficiency as q3.
Oh come on...is it really that hard for you to see that none of the games we've mentioned here takes any more skill than the other and it's merely the use of the skills that differ between them?

Frankly, at this point I'm beginning to doubt whether you're even sincere anymore...

/BB
Old 2012-06-24, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #460
Ratstomper
Major

I get it, what better players have to say is irrelevant, my credentials don't matter, i'm shit, mohawk is shit, mostwantedvip is shit, my whole outfit is shit, the future of shooters belongs to proning heroes who camp all day saying "watch out tango foxtrot roger delta 123 over" in their headsets.

Thankfully i didn't have much faith in the human race to begin with, else i'd be pretty depressed right now.
I never said any of those people we're shit. All I said was that that one guy didn't show the characteristics you said he did. He did alright in the videos. Nothing to write home about, but still not bad. I also said you didn't bring any real relevant information to the discussion. You just got offended and started calling names.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-06-24 at 10:24 PM.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #461
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Why do you?
Go read my posts and realize your mistake.

I feel like you need a time out.

The fact that you judge your faith in the human race based upon video games is extremely concerning.

CoD has been innovating since its inception, hence it's popularity before consoles, herp derp. I don't like the newer CoD games, but I'm not going to bash them because I consider myself god like you apparently do.

Try articulating your argument in a calm and collected manner, and maybe you will make more friends!

Also: stop triple posting, its bad.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #462
AzK
Sergeant

Go read my posts and realize your mistake.

I feel like you need a time out.

The fact that you judge your faith in the human race based upon video games is extremely concerning.

CoD has been innovating since its inception, hence it's popularity before consoles, herp derp. I don't like the newer CoD games, but I'm not going to bash them because I consider myself god like you apparently do.

Try articulating your argument in a calm and collected manner, and maybe you will make more friends!

Also: stop triple posting, its bad.
If you want to read articulated and calm arguments go read previous pages, i'm past that now, this guy and probably you as well just keep replying to troll so WHY should i bother to repeat myself over and over again?
Old 2012-06-24, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #463
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

If you want to read articulated and calm arguments go read previous pages, i'm past that now, this guy and probably you as well just keep replying to troll so WHY should i bother to repeat myself over and over again?
How on earth are we trolling? If you can't post in a calm manner then stop posting, ffs.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #464
Ratstomper
Major

Hold on. I've been a little trolly, but coupled with legitimate points. These other guys haven't been trolling, though....
Old 2012-06-24, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #465
AzK
Sergeant

How on earth are we trolling? If you can't post in a calm manner then stop posting, ffs.
Posts are still fairly decent for my standards, also funny how you put ffs at the end of a sentence where you tell someone else he can't post in a calm manner.

You just came in here, didn't even bother to read the previous 4-5 hours worth of previous replies (were people got absolutely destroyed on many different arguments, and in really calm ways too btw) and while bringing nothing to the table you just start replying i should stop posting. And throw in some personal attacks about how i think i'm god or whatever. Wat.

No thanks, you first.
As for the other guy, it's just hopeless how hard he's trying, i just treat him like he's a bit special at this point.

Last edited by AzK; 2012-06-24 at 10:57 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion