Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 32 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What do you mean I can't say **** on the radio?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #466
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
Prone is redundant, how many times do I have to keep saying this lol, it's in every way just like crouch with some variation. If we add prone I would ask that we remove crouching.

Fighting games seem to understand this, why can't shooters?
On the off chance this wasn't rhetorical flourish, because fighting games are to a street fight what Serious Sam is to a gun fight. I'd find another analogy.

edit: and just to be sure I heard you correctly, your actual problem with prone is that it's redundant?

Last edited by maradine; 2012-06-10 at 01:19 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #467
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Lol, everyone arguing over right and wrong for prone and the poll just has a majority. Can't wait to see this in Beta.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #468
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by duomaxwl View Post
I missed that from E3. I will admit it.
Here is a reason: Prone increases the likelihood of people camping. It just does..
This isnt true i cant proove it ive never seen thats much camping in any of the games ive play with a massive scales at least more massive than usual like BF with 64 players and MAG with 256 players those who camp rponje are the mostlikely the ones who dies a lots lolll
Old 2012-06-10, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #469
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
This isnt true i cant proove it ive never seen thats much camping in any of the games ive play with a massive scales at least more massive than usual like BF with 64 players and MAG with 256 players those who camp rponje are the mostlikely the ones who dies a lots lolll
We need to discuss the definition of "prove". Proving generalizations with anecdotes just doesn't work, my friend. Prone would indeed increase "camping", pretty much by definition. Whether you think camping is a bad thing in an objective-oriented shooter is an entirely different argument, and one you'd have better luck with.

For everyone else:

Here. This is what I want.

Last edited by maradine; 2012-06-10 at 01:24 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #470
mynameismud
Corporal

the funny thing of all this, is like my first post. It really doesnt matter if the feature is right or wrong.

Can prone work in some games? sure, arguing whether prone works in a fps is a personal preference, no one is wrong.

What it comes down to is your personal choice. Saying one does not like prone is a very simple none paragraphic form of saying how you feel.

It doesnt matter if its right or wrong cause its an opinion, What matters is if people like it or not, and if majority of people find it fun or not.

Saying things like "saying just no to prone isnt valid" is silly. I shouldn't need a reason as to why I do not like prone, I should be able to say if I like it or not. you should just respect my opinion like i respect yours. and not call the majority phoney/fake cause you are the minority.

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-10 at 01:27 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-10, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #471
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
MAG PS3 - 181 Kills in Domination 1 / 3 - YouTube why you keep ignoring this ? because it goes agains your personal (( opinion ))

look at this video its MAG 256 players and ive play arounf 2000 + hours in this game and ive never seen prone been a problem or encourage camping at all it was a way more a run and gun game full of action and team play
I ignore your video because it is meaningless. Just because you didn't see prone being a problem and found a video of some guy killwhoring does not mean prone wasn't affecting the game. In fact you seem to be illustrating that prone is meaningless and the game is run-and-gun anyway. That being the case, why have prone?

It can't be both ineffectual and necessary.

Either it is necessary and it impacts the game, or it is not and does not. If it doesn't impact the game then this conversation is meaningless. If it impacts the game then the question becomes how does it impact the game, which renders your argument meaningless.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #472
Verruna
Private

The whole arguement for/against and people just responding invalid bla bla bla is quite funny. I honestly see little to no reason for prone to be in PS2, i don't see the benefit, nor like the idea of it in the Planetside universe mainly because of what i've seen of the maps and layouts thus far (and general gameplay), i see more cons than pros. Works in some games but don't see it working out here, worth a test i suppose. Thats my opinion btw, not a argument - like the vast majority of other posts in this thread

Last edited by Verruna; 2012-06-10 at 01:33 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #473
Blue
Private

I love prone for MANY reasons. PS however never needed it....and with the direction that PS2 is headed, it would be become as abused as the lean in rainbow six 3 (anybody??)

Let's stick with what we know works well, and what we can fix....not adding game changing alterations that are by majority unpopular...
Old 2012-06-10, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #474
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

How does one render an opinion after characterizing other opinions as "invalid bla bla bla" with a straight face?
Old 2012-06-10, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #475
WaryWizard
Sergeant

I could see many people complaining if they add prone. I could also see many people complaining if they don't add prone.

If they were to add prone there would have to be some negatives, other than move slower. Such as your character comes to a complete stop, and crouches then goes prone. It shouldn't be a instadrop. You should also not be able to shoot while the character is going prone. Having it like that would make drop shotting(I think that's what its called) impossibible. Also with grassy areas you will be technically blind. You should not be able to use underslung weapons or rockets while prone(if all classes except MAX are allowed to prone). certain gear should also not be usable while prone(turret deploying and maybe a couple others).

The pros of prone would be easy enough. You are harder to see, and don't make as much noise.

it's up to them if they wish to implement it or not. Just make it balanced and realistic, and it should be nice enough to snuff most the haters.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #476
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Yay for another feature that isn't need

/sarcasm

This shit makes me lol so hard.

Isn't it easy to say a feature isn't necessary in a videogame? Are there even any legitimate qualifications for that designation?
Old 2012-06-10, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #477
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I ignore your video because it is meaningless. Just because you didn't see prone being a problem and found a video of some guy killwhoring does not mean prone wasn't affecting the game. In fact you seem to be illustrating that prone is meaningless and the game is run-and-gun anyway. That being the case, why have prone?

It can't be both ineffectual and necessary.

Either it is necessary and it impacts the game, or it is not and does not. If it doesn't impact the game then this conversation is meaningless. If it impacts the game then the question becomes how does it impact the game, which renders your argument meaningless.
I can put up Legions of video thats proove thats prone isnt a problem at all the reason you put up are simply no where near the reality

dude ive play 2000 + in MAG a large scales game with 256 players and if its not a problem their and find me a single video where in MAG a large scales the only modern large scales game FIND ONE video where prone is use and abuse ?

can you ? Not a montage of few shot a real begin to end video i can put up Legions of video if you want to

i will not spam their is a random video but their is a lots of bad player video so i know Moejoe is a good player so thats why at take his video at first

Is this game seams to be slow down by the prone ? is this game to be camping festival ?

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-10 at 01:46 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #478
Elude
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
edit: and just to be sure I heard you correctly, your actual problem with prone is that it's redundant?
I hope you heard that correctly, I said it three times in this thread lol.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #479
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by WaryWizard View Post
I could see many people complaining if they add prone. I could also see many people complaining if they don't add prone.

If they were to add prone there would have to be some negatives, other than move slower. Such as your character comes to a complete stop, and crouches then goes prone. It shouldn't be a instadrop. You should also not be able to shoot while the character is going prone. Having it like that would make drop shotting(I think that's what its called) impossibible. Also with grassy areas you will be technically blind. You should not be able to use underslung weapons or rockets while prone(if all classes except MAX are allowed to prone). certain gear should also not be usable while prone(turret deploying and maybe a couple others).

The pros of prone would be easy enough. You are harder to see, and don't make as much noise.

it's up to them if they wish to implement it or not. Just make it balanced and realistic, and it should be nice enough to snuff most the haters.
I agree with this a Stand » crouch» prone is a good way to make this and prone and crouch on the same key unlike BF3
Old 2012-06-10, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #480
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by WaryWizard View Post
Everything here is more than reasonable, IMO. I'd even go so far as to say, depending on your armor, it may take a bit of work to get up, too.

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
I hope you heard that correctly, I said it three times in this thread lol.
Just making sure. I don't have a counterargument for someone with that definition of redundancy.

Last edited by maradine; 2012-06-10 at 01:47 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion