What we know about Beta. - Page 36 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If that Vanu's so smart, how come he's dead?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-31, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #526
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Re: What we know about Beta.

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Yeah I am thinking that they are going to announce the beta date at E3. And that the beta starts a few weeks after E3.
Yeah. Maybe not even a week after E3. Since they'll be pouring information at E3, it wouldn't surprise me if a beta date was announced. They're updating artwork, and that generally means they're getting ready for something, seeing as they need to put a good image out for the new people coming in. In my experiences, beta follows closely after an artwork update.
Old 2012-05-31, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #527
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by AvacadoEight View Post
Yeah. Maybe not even a week after E3. Since they'll be pouring information at E3, it wouldn't surprise me if a beta date was announced. They're updating artwork, and that generally means they're getting ready for something, seeing as they need to put a good image out for the new people coming in. In my experiences, beta follows closely after an artwork update.
Also possible. I don't think we need to wait much longer. Can't wait!
Old 2012-05-31, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #528
Synapse
First Sergeant

Confirmed vocally on the Totalbiscuit and Higby stream, Beta after E3, not before.

He repeated the "very soon" wording about when exactly.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #529
Xyntech
Brigadier General

If it's "very soon" and "after E3, not before," E3 for beta announcement it is.
Old 2012-05-31, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #530
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Hey. Still Beta announcements, right? Im really glad we're getting closer to beta than ever before.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #531
Razicator
First Sergeant

Everyone thinks "Soon" is trademarked by SOE. What about Blizzard? I'd say they own the trademark and copyright to it
Old 2012-05-31, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #532
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

I just hope by soon they mean soon. Not Blizzard soon. It even has its own section in one of the Wiki's. Here's hoping E3 has what we all seek as PS2 junkies in it!
Old 2012-05-31, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #533
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

It makes sense that they have waited until after E3 for beta. If people were able to test the game currently, there wouldn't be as much incentive for people to fly down there just to get on one of the rigs they've set up specifically for it.

Hopefully though, the public testing at E3 will be indicative of the state of the game being ready for testing, if only closed to start with. Though that might not necessarily be true considering they will be limited to only one objective in one area of the map. No progression either I imagine.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #534
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kriegson View Post
It makes sense that they have waited until after E3 for beta. If people were able to test the game currently, there wouldn't be as much incentive for people to fly down there just to get on one of the rigs they've set up specifically for it.

Hopefully though, the public testing at E3 will be indicative of the state of the game being ready for testing, if only closed to start with. Though that might not necessarily be true considering they will be limited to only one objective in one area of the map. No progression either I imagine.
Well, The thing is they block off the continent to force people into a specific few zones to show them the scale that's available. So they get hyped about the intense action the game has to offer, and sign up for CBT, like the FB page and get things revved up even more. Makes sense, right?
Old 2012-06-01, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #535
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kriegson View Post

Remember that E3 is not a public event, only industry. So you're either there as a game developer/publisher/VIP, or as a game journalist. Being able to control the environment in which journalists can play the game is crucial. If something weird of glitchy happens, someone from SOE is there to point it out and give reassurance. It also, as you said, entices/forces journalists to visit the SOE booth if they want to experience the game.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #536
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Everyone who has ever been subscribed to Planetside will get a ''special beta key'' (or priority beta key as they call it) As far as I know it doesn't matter if you subscribed from the beginning, or just a month ago. Just make sure you were once subscribed, and you signed up for the beta with the account you had an Planetside subscription on. I don't know if the reserves count.
But you must make sure you log in on your station account and sign up!

If you can't access it you will need to create one and get a beta key from PCGamer.
Old 2012-06-01, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #537
Xyntech
Brigadier General

From TRay on twitter:

https://twitter.com/AdamJ_Harvey/sta...53234015211520

lol
Old 2012-06-01, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #538
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-01, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #539
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
But you must make sure you log in on your station account and sign up!
Isn't that what I said? :P

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-06-01 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2012-06-01, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #540
Tssha
Corporal

If you can't access your old station account, contact SOE customer support so they can help you sort it out. If you've forgotten your password, changed email addresses AND can't remember your username, I'm sure they can help you somehow.

Of course, if you're a complete amnesiac, you're screwed. But then, you'd have forgotten Planetside at this point anyway so it wouldn't be any different to starting fresh, except you might be at the back of the queue.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion