IMO KillCam killing the Game - Page 36 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Have you ever jumped out of a galaxy naked?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: KillCam in Planetside2?
No-Go 198 72.53%
No Problem 75 27.47%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-11, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #526
Vancha
Colonel

Re: IMO KillCam killing the Game

This is the problem with a 36 page thread. I've already replied to everything SlideShow's saying (probably twice over).

A lot of people pay no attention to tracers or hit indicators (and giving them a kill cam would surely give them less reason to do so?)
Old 2012-02-11, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #527
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
This is the problem with a 36 page thread. I've already replied to everything SlideShow's saying (probably twice over).

A lot of people pay no attention to tracers or hit indicators (and giving them a kill cam would surely give them less reason to do so?)
You'd still die though, all they'd have to do is make it so you have to tap and everything so you'll have to respawn. Speculation so we really can't continue any farther there.
Old 2012-02-12, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #528
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by xSlideShow View Post
You'd still die though, all they'd have to do is make it so you have to tap and everything so you'll have to respawn. Speculation so we really can't continue any farther there.
I don't think we can continue any further with this entire topic of discussion. This thread is silly.
Old 2012-02-12, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #529
Vancha
Colonel

You'd still die though, all they'd have to do is make it so you have to tap and everything so you'll have to respawn.
I can't make sense of that sentence. Can you rephrase?
Old 2012-02-12, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #530
HitbackTR
Sergeant

36 pages of arguing over semantics regarding whether or not killcam is wanted in PS2 or not , (which it isn't) for various reasons... seriously?
Old 2012-02-12, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #531
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by HitbackTR View Post
36 pages of arguing over semantics regarding whether or not killcam is wanted in PS2 or not , (which it isn't) for various reasons... seriously?
I'm amazed too.

It just doesn't have a place in Planetside. In CoD it does, just not here.
Old 2012-02-12, 02:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #532
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

I just don't see how you guys can say that...

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
I can't make sense of that sentence. Can you rephrase?
If they made it so you don't see the kill cam until after the medics can no longer res you. So you'd have to respawn. I think this would be huge deterrent I don't think it would be a of much tactical advantage to lose one guy to see where one guy is positioned.

Last edited by xSlideShow; 2012-02-12 at 02:04 AM.
Old 2012-02-12, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #533
Vancha
Colonel

If they made it so you don't see the kill cam until after the medics can no longer res you. So you'd have to respawn. I think this would be huge deterrent I don't think it would be a of much tactical advantage to lose one guy to see where one guy is positioned.
Or you could end up having people tap in order to see the kill cam, which would be infuriating for medics who had a hard enough time getting people to wait for them without kill cam.
Old 2012-02-12, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #534
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Cause people are definitely gonna think kill cam is more important than revive. lol.
Old 2012-02-12, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #535
Atheosim
Captain

Cause people are definitely gonna think kill cam is more important than revive. lol.
you ever played ps1?
Old 2012-02-12, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #536
Vancha
Colonel

Important to them, yeah. Part of the reason kill cams exist is that feeling of "Damn, how did he kill me? Where did he kill me from?". Do you honestly think people won't indulge in that considering how many people refused to wait for a medic without that incentive?
Old 2012-02-12, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #537
yonman
Corporal

I'd actually prefer a "Medic-Cam" that'd show me where the closest medic is and allow me to communicate with him. If no medics are around ... yeah I'd quiet my nerd-rage by knowing where that cheating bastard that killed me is hiding so I can have my other buddies spank him
Old 2012-02-12, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #538
Heaven
Master Sergeant

I think it depends on how they go about the kill cam tbh, it could be good it could be bad, if every time you die you have to watch a killcam of yourself getting owned then that would really annoy the shite out of me, I would hate for the enemy to know where I was hiding, say if I was sniping.

They could go around the kill cam in another direction though giving the player an option to turn it off, this in turn making it so that the player you kill with it turned on cant see you but also making it so when you get killed you cant see them either, and maybe have a 24hour timer on the kill cam when you turn it on or off so you cant just change it whenever you want.

But then I guess the people that want the kill cam on will complain as they are playing and not getting what they want out of the game, its a tough call but I cant see how they could go around it any other way as some want it and some dont.

so I think an on/off system for the Kill cam if done well could work but would need to be explained to players clearly how it works! I feel its a fair way of doing it so players that both have it turned on will see each other in kill cams and players that have it turned off cant be seen when they kill or cant see others that kill them.
Old 2012-02-12, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #539
Crator
Major General

How many more times is the same thing going to be rehashed in this thread? Give it up already :P
Old 2012-02-12, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #540
Graywolves
General

Medic-cam would be awesome, until you get mad and send hate tells to them for not rezzing you.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion