News: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: loves you
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-27, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Originally Posted by Ragefighter View Post
The servers are in San Diego correct?
or will there be one in the eastern states?

from NY to LA using http://pingtest.net/
http://www.pingtest.net/result/57820796.png
and the "best connection" 150mi NY to PA
http://www.pingtest.net/result/57820915.png

I assume the people getting 20ms are not 2500+ miles away? =p

of course this is just a ping test and not "the server" so who knows...
Theres probably more than one data center they use.

I know they have one in Vegas. And I'm sure PS2 is going to launch with East/West/Central servers.
Old 2012-02-27, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Good news?

Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
No offense to you RadarX, I realize you're a mouthpiece for SOE, but this is a prime example of why PS2 is going to end up in the shitter just like PS1 did. SOE could give 2 squats about PS on the whole besides what it can bring to the bank receipts.

If it wasnt for EQ/DCUO this would of never been even discussed after the fact. SOE hasnt even seen the dress we have on and they want to take us out to the barn to suck hind tit.
well... EQ2 and DCUO are the 'active' games right now... (more population = more people to bitch on the forums).

PS1 is pretty much dead and Eq1 was(iirc) not included in the deal.
PS2 is not out yet and doesn't even have an SOE forum yet or a beta.

so it is only natural for EQ2 and DCUO to have a bigger voice, right now..

just need to stay as vocal in PS2 as you guys are now and it should be right up there with EQ2.

Last edited by Ragefighter; 2012-02-27 at 03:20 PM.
Old 2012-02-27, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
No offense to you RadarX, I realize you're a mouthpiece for SOE, but this is a prime example of why PS2 is going to end up in the shitter just like PS1 did. SOE could give 2 squats about PS on the whole besides what it can bring to the bank receipts.

If it wasnt for EQ/DCUO this would of never been even discussed after the fact. SOE hasnt even seen the dress we have on and they want to take us out to the barn to suck hind tit.
Your post is laughable. I know for a fact that SOE was reading our direct feedback, RadarX himself was reading our forums each day and posting quite frequently. Smed probably was as well - I know that he drops by here on occasion even if he does not login.

So this is not a prime example of anything that has to do with the future of PlanetSide 2.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-27, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
ShockNC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Wakken View Post
"Alright, radarx, tell the EQ2 and DCUO guys we fixed their problems..."

RadarX - "but.. what about the PS2 guys?"

"Ah, right... those guy... hmm tell them something as well"

And btw, thanks for keeping in touch with the community RadarX!
Judge by action and their experence. the upper levels of SOE don't care about the PS community (proof is that the PS community didn't get squat when SOE got hacked, and the long period where SOE put up interns in charge). the only reason why this is now fixed because the EQ community was upset as well.

I'm glad that TR and Higby are here but let's face it, they are beholden to people don't give a crap about this community one bit.
Old 2012-02-27, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Shocknc are you clueless?

They have gone from a reskin of planetside to a completely new game. This is a huge financial gamble for them with millions upon millions of $'s at stake.

I'm as quick as anyone to scream rape with anything that SOE do but please don't think they don't care what happens with the millions they have invested here and will continue to pump in based on planetside2's initial success with is pretty dependant on ourselves and the word of mouth we spread.
Old 2012-02-27, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
ShockNC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Shocknc are you clueless?
No, I just have a long memory. memories that include the BFRs that were shoved down the PS1 playerbase's throat, the fabled "max factory" that never came to pass, the long peroid that we have no development on PS1 whatsoever (other than the god aweful blackops), the barcode hacker plague.. Hell, I'm pretty sure that Hamma was going to take this site down if we didn't word about PS2 when we did.

like i said, I'm not clueless. i just reconize past behavior and see it for what is.

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
They have gone from a reskin of planetside to a completely new game. This is a huge financial gamble for them with millions upon millions of $'s at stake..
Good, all the more reason for them not to screw it up but that still doesn't excuse the way they treated their playerbase during those long slient years. If they stick to their "three year plan" then i'll drop my grudge but i don't see that happening.

Last edited by ShockNC; 2012-02-27 at 03:55 PM.
Old 2012-02-27, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Like i said i feel the pain, hence my venom regards BFR's, quick knife etc.
Old 2012-02-27, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Just got posted on Facebook:

ProSieben and SOE Continue to Work Toward a Solution -

SOE and ProSieben worked throughout the weekend to develop a plan that will allow our players to access and play on any server regardless of where they are in the world. Our community is our top priority and rest assured, all of your concerns have been heard.

We continue to work together with ProSieben and appreciate your patience as we work around the clock to work out critical technical details. We will share more information as soon as possible. [Brasse]
Old 2012-02-27, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Folks - when you create threads of this manner please have more detailed topics so that I don't have to always rename them. You should not have to go inside the topic in order to have any idea about what it contains.
I will try and be a bit more informal. I promise, but you do titles so much better than me
Old 2012-02-27, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
No limits, no restrictions.

Stop crying.
I agree with this, I would rather everybody be able to play PS2, rather than 50% be able to have a good ping and have a go, we just got the community back together (we hope) and now your trying to put more restrictions on the game, fuck stop being so fucking greedy and selfish and look at the bigger picture.

This is about getting the overall PS2 community as big as possible to give the game a better chance of being huge and epic. A ping is only defined on where you are in the world (how close to a switch board), so its pure change if you have a good one or not, if what your saying is true then you want "only the lucky people" to be able to play. GFY.

Fuck why is there so many selfish people.
Old 2012-02-27, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm satisfied with the reactiveness of SOE on this issue. Still a bit wary about how/why it had to happen in the first place, but satisfied nonetheless with the end result.

I'm almost tempted to burn a candle for PS2 to fulfill all our desires of a perfect MMOFPS but there are many more important issues in this world to stop at a game from the entertainment industry when going to church.

In any case, only one thing left before the end line: beta !
Old 2012-02-27, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
Still a bit wary about how/why it had to happen in the first place
It's quite simple, I think... SOE wanted to create independent self-governing affiliated branches that would decrease the amount of paperwork they had to do directly. The easiest way was to create separate account systems to let them do all the work and later give SOE the overall of the doings. But as you can see easier doesn't mean better, so I wonder what the solution is after all this commotion.

Is it SOE who's going to assume direct control over the servers now or they still plan on leaving prosieben (and the9, I take it) to maintain the hardware under their strict oversight from Sony?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-02-27 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2012-02-27, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Azren
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ShockNC View Post
Judge by action and their experence. the upper levels of SOE don't care about the PS community (proof is that the PS community didn't get squat when SOE got hacked, and the long period where SOE put up interns in charge). the only reason why this is now fixed because the EQ community was upset as well.

I'm glad that TR and Higby are here but let's face it, they are beholden to people don't give a crap about this community one bit.
I am usually the guy who bashes SoE for several reason, but I can not agree with this.

When SoE got hacked, PS players got "free" playtime, what else did you want? Double xp week? 75% of the characters are br 25+, unless you are aiming for br40, you shouldn't give a damn about that anymore. There really isn't anything else you can gain in this game as far as items and character development goes.

Oh, SoE leaderboard doesn't give a damn about us? Welcome to the real world bro! High up people only care about the success of the company, that's all there is to it. They will do everything they find might help SoE, and won't do anything that can potentially harm it. Of course what this comes down to is money, nothing more and nothing less.

Now, doing anything that pleases the PS community is really low on the priority of that company. The reason being our very low number. SoE probably has more employees than the size of PS playerbase. Would you care about so few? Nah...

What they do care about however is the potential PS2 community. They want it to be big to make much money. Hence all the changes that please BF and CoD players. From the company's perspective this is the logical choice. I dislike it on several levels of course, but again, they can afford not to care.
Old 2012-02-27, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
CaptainMaverik
Private

from facebook:

ProSieben and SOE Continue to Work Toward a Solution -

SOE and ProSieben worked throughout the weekend to develop a plan that will allow our players to access and play on any server regardless of where they are in the world. Our community is our top priority and rest assured, all of your concerns have been heard.

We continue to work together with ProSieben and appreciate your patience as we work around the clock to work out critical technical details. We will share more information as soon as possible. [Brasse]
Old 2012-02-27, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
xXGumpXX
Banned

this is good news for everyone , i prefered werner , markov and emerald rather than gemini , now we can all play with friends where ever you are , but pls be aware your ping will be very high on maybe one server , i used to play werner but i also played emerald too but when i played markov it was unplayable due to high ping , i really hope that there is talk about the beta date soon and a date so we know when to expect it .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion