anyone else feel the same way? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu Sovreignty, poisons your food by using plasma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-08, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
camycamera
Major

Re: anyone else feel the same way?

personally i can wait. i have Deus Ex (yes, the original), Counter Strike, Battlefield, and i'm getting Dayz soon. but i am absolutely STOKED for PS2.
Old 2012-08-08, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
AtlantisThief
Private

I am playing EVE and Smite atm to waste the time till 1) GW2 is getting released and 2) PS2 is inviting me to Beta/released
Old 2012-08-08, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

A few years ago I bought a combo pack of the original battlefield games from the bargain bin. Pretty sure I installed it once, but then shortly after I started using the Windows 7 beta instead of XP and forgot all about it. Anyhow, the other I figured I'd kill some time and try it (and my other old games) out. Let me tell ya, Battlefield's controls and "feel" sucks compared to Half-life/Quake3/Unreal (the originals). I played me some Half-life Blue Shift the other day too, much more my kind of FPS. I might play some Unreal 2 single player again... One day I'll finish that game!
Old 2012-08-08, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Yup, You're definitely not alone in this.

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-08-08, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
ChargerCarl
Corporal

To OP,

If you're looking for some large scale combat try out Forgotten Hope 2. They have a 130 player server running now. It's awesome.
Old 2012-08-08, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

PS2 has had zero impact on my rabid Binding of Isaac obsession. Er.. or Hat Fortress 2. PS is great and all but I've always played TF for the style and humor as well as the gameplay.

Mentlegen.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.

Last edited by exLupo; 2012-08-08 at 06:30 AM.
Old 2012-08-08, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
AJay
Private

In the mood for teamplay rooty tooty point and shooty I just reinstalled Brink to discover there are less than 10 active servers left.

That is very depressing.
Old 2012-08-08, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Good god, I was -so- excited about Brink. And then I played it. Great movement mechanics but terrible map balance.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2012-08-08, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Kipper
Captain

I'm hoping (but pretty sure) that PS2 will offer the longevity that other shooters don't - I had some good laughs playing as a squad on Battlefield 2, 2142 and to a slightly lesser extent, BC2. Playing these games without a squad is only fun for so long, and people tend to get bored of them pretty quickly because of the rinse and repeat gameplay. Once you can't get a squad with people you know, playing becomes much less fun (for me).

Since PS1 was the game that held our group together the longest (now we mostly just play forums together as everyone is always off playing different stuff) but I know that everyone is stoked to play Planetside again, so I'm kinda hoping for a return to the good old days of social gaming but with everything that 2012 offers in terms of graphics and gameplay.
Old 2012-08-08, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
eybro
Private

I have been playing EVE and Dayz.. keeping me entertained untill my priority key gets me into beta. Dayz is bad now though way to many hackers.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

Yeah Day Z is awesome for passing the time, probably the best mod ever made in my opinion. But it seems like 3 out of 10 players are using a script kiddie. A real shame because Day Z is incredible.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
scroogh
Private

It has killed my taste for just about any other fast paced fps. Everything else sticks really well for me though.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Wandering Mania
Private

I have been playing Warhammer 40k - Dawn of War: Dark Crusade and Soulstorm With a bit of Skyrim in the mix. But yeah even those three (witch I love to no end) have been quite boreing as of late. Hurry up and get here round 2!
Old 2012-08-08, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
JHendy
First Sergeant

I've been in a state of 'meh, that's kinda cool but meh' when it comes to games for the past 3 or 4 years. Planetside 2 is the first game I've been genuinely enthusiastic about since I was in my mid/late teens.

I am VERY excite.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Wandering Mania
Private

Originally Posted by AJay View Post
In the mood for teamplay rooty tooty point and shooty I just reinstalled Brink to discover there are less than 10 active servers left.

That is very depressing.
I was excited about brink then it launched I bought it played it and felt violated by bethesda. The lack of any game content was the major contributer. 4 maps per side 4 upgrades per gun and 4 months extra of a wait to play what seemed like a beta. I lost alot of respect for bethesda with that one.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion