Another Stealther looking for help - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Priceless
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-05, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by flypengy
Well, I'm going to leave this post (for my nonexistent life) just laying the fact that 4 mines does not take out a mag. I just went and tried on emerald. It does substantial damage of course since the mines buff, but it does not destroy it or even disable it.

You were wrong, and I was right.

The end.
Then you obviously did not lay the mines correctly, I do it all the time. Because of the dodgy mine damage you pretty well need to make sure that the mines are under the mag itself. A mag driving over 4 mines may survive. A mag which I am mining will not. Good try, though.
Old 2004-04-05, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Make a video of it...

Its rather hard to believe...

Old 2004-04-05, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
Make a video of it...

Its rather hard to believe...
Oi, download FRAPS just to prove this point? I have a better idea, I'll just keep doing it and you guys just keep not believing it. That we we can all stay in our happy places, and that way I won't have to stop being lazy in order to placate you.
Old 2004-04-05, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
ZeroRaven
Private

Well pengy, i'll look you up in game. It's pretty clear that the two of you are very experienced players, and i hope to have your skill one day.
Old 2004-04-05, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Madcow
Oi, download FRAPS just to prove this point? I have a better idea, I'll just keep doing it and you guys just keep not believing it. That we we can all stay in our happy places, and that way I won't have to stop being lazy in order to placate you.
Well next chance I get I'll go try it out myself...

Old 2004-04-06, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Just to jump in here with my opinion and experiences. Flypengy is correct in respect to a Reaver being vastly superrior in gaining kills and XP as compared to CE. However his attempts to discredit Madcow's arguments about mining vehicles are baseless.

Having spent the majority of my time in Planetside playing an Infiltrator I know exactly how to exploit vehicle repair zones and how fast you can deploy CE if you know what the hell you are doing. If you ever chased after an Infil and then got punked when he dropped a turret or boomer on you then you were dealing with a CE master. These people are good at what they do. Very good. There is a huge difference between a master infiltrator with all the associated certs and some jackass that spent 2 points for the suit who likes to try to kill ppl with an AMP. I know for a fact what Madcow describes is perfectly viable and indeed possible and common enough to use as a primary strat. I havent played since the mine buff but I do know from my many months as an infiltrator how available enemy vehicles are on the battlefield and understand thier vulerabilities.

Personally I think using a Spiker is so far above anything else from a killing perspective that its absurd to consider anything else if you want xp or kill count but I realize some people like to assassinate in an indirect way. I think the core of the argument is that while flying a reaver all day is certainly best for kill count and XP, it has zero to do with anything infiltrator related. I believe the original poster wanted ways to make XP as an infiltrator and not be forced into vehicle dependency
Old 2004-04-06, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
flypengy
Master Sergeant

The day one of these 'master infiltrators' pulls something like what the two of you describe on me, then I'll stop thinking there is more than just bullshit being thrown around in this thread.

CE is not good for exp, I don't care how damn good you think you are. You're better off with an amp or grenades than running around trying to find damaged tanks to put mines next to them. You people just sound retarded to me saying otherwise, and since stubborness seems to go hand in hand with stupidity I'm done with this thread.

My offer still stands, you think you're so damn good at running around putting mines next to vehicles. I will start a new character with just infil (and just use amp) and you can run around with your retarded mines and we'll see who gets more kills/exp for whatever period of time. Contact me in game if you want to do more than just talk shit and actually put what you're saying to the test.
Old 2004-04-06, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

AMP is crap since the rexo buff. You're much better off with melee booster and a knife, but since you're obviously the expert I'll just have to bow down to your incredible infil exploits.
Besides the amazingly obvious flaws in your challenge idea, I'm in a beta at the moment which eats away at the few hours I do game. I haven't been to Planetside in the last week and can't really tell you when I'll be there again. If I'm bored enough when (if) I come back, I'll think about it then I guess. Of course, because of the enormous flaws I'm hard put to figure out what it would prove regardless of who got more kills.
By the way, keep calling bullshit. You came back with gusto today, by the end of yesterday the wind was pretty much out of your sails. It sucks to not know what you're talking about, but you seem able to not know what you're talking about with passion. In the meantime I'll just have to live with knowledge and experience, and I'll just have to live with exactly how highly I hold the opinions of those who just don't know what the hell they're talking about.
Old 2004-04-06, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Sounds to me like Pengy needs to lay off the hot sauce. No offense intended Pengy but, while I agree that CE is not the best way to make xp, dont make the mistake in thinking that there are not people on this forum that know a fuckload more than you do about playing an Infiltrator. You can most defenatly do what Madcow is describing so I just suggest you stop arguing about that possibility. Now whether you can make good XP doing it is certainly debatable. When playing an Infiltrator, short of using the Spiker, using CE is the best way to make XP. Of course if you are using vehicles such as a Reaver, thats a different topic entirely and not infiltration
Old 2004-04-06, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Argue all you want with your unfeasible logic.

Spending your time looking for damaged tanks to kill them with mines is not the best way to get exp as an infil.

I really don't care how eloquently your forum trolling ass states it, you are a moron for thinking that.

I'm done with this thread, if you really have something so assanine engrained in your head, then wasting any more of my time here would be somehow stupider than your ill placed logic.

No offense to you queenside, but my experience with these forums is they are a bunch of noobs that like to think they know everything there is about this game (yet most of the tards don't play/hardly play). Keep posting here guys, because talking about the game is the same as playing it and truly knowing it...

*hates people that try to talk big online like their opinion matters*
Old 2004-04-06, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Argue all you want with your unfeasible logic.

Spending your time looking for damaged tanks to kill them with mines is not the best way to get exp as an infil.
Did I say that was the only way I was getting xp? Have I not mentioned (repeatedly) other uses for CE, as well as my own personal preference for using the knife? The fact is, you're stuck on the idea that people are able to use mines as offensive weapons rather than just setting up defense. Your brain can't wrap around it, so you focus on that rather than listening to everything else being said.

I really don't care how eloquently your forum trolling ass states it, you are a moron for thinking that.
Remember back in the day when you weren't going to 'sink to my level' and engage in personal attacks? Being consistent is wicked hard, isn't it?

I'm done with this thread, if you really have something so assanine engrained in your head, then wasting any more of my time here would be somehow stupider than your ill placed logic.
See, you only get to say you're done with the thread once. Every time you say it after that first time is just more lip service. Them's the breaks kid. See my previous comment on consistency.

No offense to you queenside, but my experience with these forums is they are a bunch of noobs that like to think they know everything there is about this game (yet most of the tards don't play/hardly play). Keep posting here guys, because talking about the game is the same as playing it and truly knowing it...

*hates people that try to talk big online like their opinion matters*
Hahahahahahaahahaha! So you're engaging in self-loathing in front of everybody? As far as I can see, you think your opinion is very valuable, regardless of the fact that you couldn't actually come up with facts to refute mine. You even show how valuable your opinion is online just like the people you hate. Amazing. The only thing consistent I see is your hypocrisy which you wave like a flag in front of you.

It's such a shame you're done with this thread, right when I was about to see the error of my ways.
Old 2004-04-06, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

LOL dont stop fighting now! I Just got back with my popcorn, please continue!

= Crack addict
Old 2004-04-06, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well I gotta admit that even if pengy isnt the most knowledgeable about cloakers, at least he is offering to prove his point...

Angrymoo here wont 'lower' himself to proving he can do what he says...

Old 2004-04-06, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
Well I gotta admit that even if pengy isnt the most knowledgeable about cloakers, at least he is offering to prove his point...

Angrymoo here wont 'lower' himself to proving he can do what he says...
I should waste time proving something that another cloaker has already said can be done? To placate you (who isn't actually playing the game) and Pengy (who is being stubborn for the sake of stubborness at this point)? And how should I do this? FRAPS? I've yet to see the footage of Pengy's 4 mines not destroying a Magrider which he says he tried, and yet you are happy to give him credit for offering to prove his point. Or is it the 'challenge' that I'm not graciously accepting that you're referring to? The challenge in which there would be no way to prove how kills were garnered by each individual, the challenge which would put more emphasis on individual kills rather than xp (blowing up 1 Prowler would most likely net me as much xp as him killing 20+ soldiers), the challenge in which individual skill would have as much say in the outcome as the actual means with which we were killing? How in the world could somebody not see the truck sized flaws in the 'challenge'?

I never said anything about lowering myself, I mentioned that I was lazy. And I am.
Old 2004-04-06, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
ZeroRaven
Private

LOL not bad for my first thread. Maybe i should start selling tickets for forum fights or something, i'd make a killing.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion