News: Game Update 09 patch notes - 22nd May 2013 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A drug against war
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-22, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
satori
Corporal

Re: Game Update 09 patch notes - 22nd May 2013

What exactly does this mean please?

"The majority of infantry weapons now have a reload threshold. The reload will still count if this threshold is reached and the reload action is interrupted"
Old 2013-05-22, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by satori View Post
What exactly does this mean please?

"The majority of infantry weapons now have a reload threshold. The reload will still count if this threshold is reached and the reload action is interrupted"
It means that you don't have to wait until the reload animation is finished. As soon as you see that new bullets have been put in the gun you can interrupt the reload.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
So far ZOE is OP... I think they should remove the increased moving speed. I couldn't take out a critically wounded VS MAX today, because he was jumping and strafing all around like a light assault with ZOE activated. The agility ZOE provides completely negates the reduced damage mitigation...
You do realize the movement speed is barely faster than a regular infantry, right? So small that you wouldn't notice it in a 50m run..
Old 2013-05-22, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
You do realize the movement speed is barely faster than a regular infantry, right? So small that you wouldn't notice it in a 50m run..
No, it's completely over powered because he has to adjust his aim to hit a moving target.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

You do realize that when a VS MAX gets into CQB it stops having downsides whatsoever with ZOE activated? Or did hacksaw suddenly become balanced to you?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
No, it's completely over powered because he has to adjust his aim to hit a moving target.
:\

It's really annoying to see people blowing it out of proportion, though I'm not surprised the official forums are up in arms over it. It does glow after all, which makes it way better than the TR ability and even the glowy NC shield. We got more glow, so clearly it needs nerfed.

But seriously, 1 less bullet per LA kill(1 bullet, from a MAX with probably 100+ rounds before having to reload), movement speed of infantry, and basically a rather large HP nerf. No thanks.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

But seriously, 1 less bullet per LA kill(1 bullet, from a MAX with probably 100+ rounds before having to reload), movement speed of infantry, and basically a rather large HP nerf. No thanks.
Go play NC MAX for a while, I beg you...

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
You do realize that when a VS MAX gets into CQB it stops having downsides whatsoever with ZOE activated? Or did hacksaw suddenly become balanced to you?
Increased damage taken is not a downside in CQB? Increased damage taken, ON A HUGE INFANTRY UNIT, in CLOSE QUARTERS, is not a downside?

Just stop posting before you actually try the ability please. Give it a week, then you'll see how many masses of VS MAX's there actually are.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Dragonskin
Major

Increased damage taken is not a downside in CQB? Increased damage taken, ON A HUGE INFANTRY UNIT, in CLOSE QUARTERS, is not a downside?
He is too busy sitting behind his damage soaking shield while his buddies are blasting you with hacksaws to hear you.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by RWJP View Post
They've made the Saron even more powerful? Seriously?

Only at SOE could it be sensible to turn a high accuracy, high power, single shot anti-tank weapon into a high accuracy, high power, high rate of fire, large magazine anti-everything weapon.
It sounds like a nerf to me. The HRB is not meant to be used up close, and the requirement to land more shots when using it at long range will reduce it's effectiveness in the scenario where it's most effective.
Old 2013-05-22, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

One thing I can certainly note about the ZOE is that I have already seen far too many VS use it badly. Don't use it when going head-on, you will get taken down fast.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-22, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Just stop posting before you actually try the ability please. Give it a week, then you'll see how many masses of VS MAX's there actually are.
Tell me, how often do you win 1v1 fights against softies as a softie? I'm assuming the ratio is what you may call moderate. Now would your ratio increase if you were given more HP, and more damage?

Because you make it sound as if MAX is 10 times easier to hit than infantry. That is a fallacy.

At any rate, I'm just gonna say that we need to agree to disagree here, since in your eyes I am clearly wrong here, and I'm just whining because after this game update my skill suddenly dropped drastically.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-05-22 at 02:26 PM.
Old 2013-05-22, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
...god, it's been 3 hours and people haven't put up how the Lattice has ruined their lives for good, what is going on?
How would it ruin our lives? It's just the same as hex, but SOE has decided where we should go. Nothing else has changed. This won't change the game for better, but a little bit worse.

And there's no time to even say much about it before (hopefully) tomorrow we get a hotfix to stop the disconnect crash. I wish they used the test server to actually test the patches too, so there wouldn't be any need for a hotfix every time. :\
Old 2013-05-22, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Snydenthur View Post
How would it ruin our lives? It's just the same as hex, but SOE has decided where we should go. Nothing else has changed. This won't change the game for better, but a little bit worse.

And there's no time to even say much about it before (hopefully) tomorrow we get a hotfix to stop the disconnect crash. I wish they used the test server to actually test the patches too, so there wouldn't be any need for a hotfix every time. :\
Honestly, I expected 5 threads to pop up at 6am this morning the moment it started patching, that would begin a 48 hour long rant by approximately every single person on the PS2 forums, saying how the Lattice system was the worst thing to happen to humanity since the Black Plague.

When it comes to the hotfix and the test server, what people on the test server?
Old 2013-05-22, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Falcon_br
Captain

My game won´t load past 98%.
Already tried all known fixes.
Delete useroptions.ini
Validate game asserts.

I just hope my character hasn´t be deleted!

No one got this error?

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion