News: Community Interview with Jon Weathers - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: no, really?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-29, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
waldizzo
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Community Interview with Jon Weathers

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
first point, if resources aren't transferrable to other players, you can use them to buy vehicles with one account that then give them to another account which makes the restriction moot to begin with.

See how easily exploitable your design is?
Better than just giving them the resources. If people want to pay gold farmers to spawn tanks for them, I say let them.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by waldizzo View Post
Better than just giving them the resources. If people want to pay gold farmers to spawn tanks for them, I say let them.
Not even gold farmers. I can use a second account to do that with, thus vastly inflating what I can do. Gold farmers aren't even required, lol.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

first point, if resources aren't transferrable to other players, you can use them to buy vehicles with one account that then give them to another account which makes the restriction moot to begin with.

See how easily exploitable your design is?
I doubt you can buy vehicles for other players because your vehicle is upgraded/sidegraded with weapons you purchased. The ability to let someone else have all of your sidegrades would be not very smart design-wise.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Stardouser
Colonel

Not even gold farmers. I can use a second account to do that with, thus vastly inflating what I can do. Gold farmers aren't even required, lol.
Can you play two accounts at the same time(I mean do you have the ability to pay attention to two shooter accounts at once), or are you assuming that you'll be able to earn resources on an account that's not actually doing anything?
Old 2012-05-29, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Can you play two accounts at the same time(I mean do you have the ability to pay attention to two shooter accounts at once), or are you assuming that you'll be able to earn resources on an account that's not actually doing anything?
Assumption is that an account can simply earn resources by being on cont/region.
Originally Posted by KTNApollo View Post
I doubt you can buy vehicles for other players because your vehicle is upgraded/sidegraded with weapons you purchased. The ability to let someone else have all of your sidegrades would be not very smart design-wise.
So thats making an assumption that vehicles will be locked to specific players that buy them. That won't work for very long, if its anything like PS1 with multiple people being able to drive/fly squad vehicles as people log in/off.

Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
waldizzo
Contributor
First Sergeant

You still had to spend the time to earn those resources.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

You still had to spend the time to earn those resources.
Not with an account that does nothing but sit on cont in a corner somewhere, probably cloaked.

Old 2012-05-29, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Bags
Lieutenant General

Yeah, from the sound of it so far you just need to be in a squad/on the cont/in the hex at most to earn resources.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
waldizzo
Contributor
First Sergeant

We are assuming a lot of things. Like with all the other speculation on these boards, we'll have to wait until beta to see how it will work in reality.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
xXGumpXX
Banned

Did i just hear right or was my mind playing tricks with me , now in ps2 there will be automated missions that squads can do to complete an objective , i thought planetside was all about pvp or are they now introducing a campaign into a pvp game , because ifso i don't like the sound of it , thanks but no thanks
Old 2012-05-29, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
waldizzo
Contributor
First Sergeant

The mission system has been something that they've been talking about for quite a while now. I think I read that it's replacing the Command Rank chat channels that were useful at first but then turned into garbage as everyone got CR5.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Stardouser
Colonel

To be honest, what worries me more is that people with alternate accounts will sit there taking up a player slot which could have been occupied by someone actually fighting. If resources were tradeable, this would probably occur even more.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Bags
Lieutenant General

We are assuming a lot of things. Like with all the other speculation on these boards, we'll have to wait until beta to see how it will work in reality.
I don't really see how they can get around that.

What, bases resources gained off of damage done? Supporting done? Seems clunky.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
Did i just hear right or was my mind playing tricks with me , now in ps2 there will be automated missions that squads can do to complete an objective , i thought planetside was all about pvp or are they now introducing a campaign into a pvp game , because ifso i don't like the sound of it , thanks but no thanks
Oh jeeze, when a base is attacked there's going to be an automatic mission suggesting you go defend it.

Fucking hell, what's next, farming dragons for loot?
Old 2012-05-29, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
They've said from early on that it will be like this (auto-generated missions), at least when the game goes live. Once players level up they should be able to cert into the mission system. Sounds like we'll be having our hands held in the early days, but that won't stop the outfits self-organising I would imagine.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion