intel ad - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like a square peg in a round hole.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-16, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Nawchoz
I just have to laugh at the irony of it all. "Runs great on P4 (ht)", yet I have a P4 and it runs like crap most of the time, and as far as i've heard, PS doesnt even utilize Hyperthreading...
Not all P4's have hyperthreading technology, and the software dont need to be special to "use" it. Any multi threaded application will utalize it if its there. ( and more applications are multi-threaded! ).

Come on guys, i can beleive people get so up tight about a little ad on the load screen. Does it effect the gameplay in anyway ?... no.. so why do you care. So SOE make a bit more money. It can only serve to make the company bigger, make better games etc. As long as i dont start seeing in-game ads, or anything more intrusive, i dont care!.

And i would be quite happy to see lots of ad's painted on walls in game, or on the side of my reaver or something, if it made enough money that we did not have to pay a subscription, or a reduced cost subscription!. Which one day you might find happening!

Old 2003-09-16, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by shadowseed
Not all P4's have hyperthreading technology, and the software dont need to be special to "use" it. Any multi threaded application will utalize it if its there. ( and more applications are multi-threaded! ).

Come on guys, i can beleive people get so up tight about a little ad on the load screen. Does it effect the gameplay in anyway ?... no.. so why do you care. So SOE make a bit more money. It can only serve to make the company bigger, make better games etc. As long as i dont start seeing in-game ads, or anything more intrusive, i dont care!.

And i would be quite happy to see lots of ad's painted on walls in game, or on the side of my reaver or something, if it made enough money that we did not have to pay a subscription, or a reduced cost subscription!. Which one day you might find happening!
Its a principle, i pay to play PS not to watch ads. It should be 100% commercial free ingame. I wouldn't mind a p4 splash screen like the SOE logo, but advertising ingame annoys the hell out of me.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

if it bothers u this much take a piece of ducktape start the game, and place the ducktape over the ad. that will solve all your problems. and if that wont work u have 2 other opitons.

1: grow up u little sons of bitches.

2: cancel your subcription.

simple as that.

/so obvious off.
Old 2003-09-16, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Nawchoz
Private

Last time i checked, SOE wasn't hurting so bad that they had to put ingame ads in EQ or SWG, so why PS? Hmm.. maybe because EQ and SWG dont need supercomputers to run smoothly? It's all comming together.. Planetside is a huge conspiracy to make us think our computers are substandard and to go out and buy.. <gasp> Pentium 4 (ht)'s!!
Old 2003-09-16, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Setari
General

Lol I love how much ppl are complaining about this thing. I saw some guy ingame yesterday preachin about it. Forget the whole "principle" thing ppl bring up as valid. It is SOE's principle to make money. Is it that hard to figure out? I mean it has no effect on gameplay and the max time the loading screen is ever seen is probably 10-15 secs. Anyhoo, the devs shouldnt listen to any ranters on this. It is probably the single stupidest thing I've seen anyone complain about (however our school is stupid for having dominican spirit day and making us wear our uniforms but thats a whole nother story) The principle thing is out the window..it isnt a valid argument [/counter-rant]
Old 2003-09-17, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Harps
First Sergeant

I never said it effects gameplay and im ganna cancel my subscription .. but it just pisses me off that we are paying 13 bucks for a game that has ads in it even it doesnt effect gameplay... To me a game where your not paying money to play it online would be more acceptable for them to have ads on loading screens

anyway back to playin ps
Old 2003-09-17, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Everay
Major General

OMFG OMFG a lil ad that i just noticed and thought to myself, yea, in HELL!

i dont mind it at all, as long as they spend the money on the game, i dont even mind that my fee per month is the same, infact i dont think it should be lowered just because i have to look at this ad, now i would expect it if they changed the signs in the Hart Building that say stuff like liberty blah blah blah to. OMG SQEEZE TEH KITTENS! or BARNY LOVES YOU, or something else like that
Old 2003-09-17, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by STEALTHKILLER
if it bothers u this much take a piece of ducktape start the game, and place the ducktape over the ad. that will solve all your problems. and if that wont work u have 2 other opitons.

1: grow up u little sons of bitches.

2: cancel your subcription.

simple as that.

/so obvious off.
First of all, the duckt tape will leave marks on my monitor. Secondly it would render part of my screen useless so its not a solution.

As for nr1... using namecalling and telling someone to grow up over voicing their opinion isn't the way to go. Just makes you sound like another 13 year old prick on the net.

2: dosn't bother me enough to cancel.
Old 2003-09-17, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

i know. just hopeing that would shut some of the dumbasses up. dont get conserned till they start putting the ads, IN the game, i mean on the twers and tanks and guns. and right above the cc and on the llu. and if u really dont want it on the respawn and login screen that badly, get all the ppl who dont want it there and sue SOE.
Old 2003-09-17, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by STEALTHKILLER
i know. just hopeing that would shut some of the dumbasses up. dont get conserned till they start putting the ads, IN the game, i mean on the twers and tanks and guns. and right above the cc and on the llu. and if u really dont want it on the respawn and login screen that badly, get all the ppl who dont want it there and sue SOE.
Every post you make you makes yourself sound that much behjind the inteligence powercurve. So let me get this straight.

People are voicing their opions about the game on PSU site.

You dont share their opinon, you dont agree or disagree so much as your want them to stop.

So you post insults at them for posting their opinions.

So who in the end is the bigger dumbass, he who has a comment for or against, or he who wishes all discussion be silenced.

But i have a solution.

Take a roll of ducttape.

Tape all over your monitor.

Smash computer with hammer.

There now you dont have to read peoples post on the subject, problem solved.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-09-17, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

okay so out of every1 on this site i know u hate me the most so dont bother insulting me*which u will continue 2 do anyway.* i know i sound like im a bigger dumbass than every1 eles on this site becuse im a little crazy*okay maybe a lot, but whos counting codopugplehr* if u can read in between the lines what im getting at is who cares. its a little thing and its on the respawn and log in screen. i could understand if it was something like when cloackers clocked when they moved u saw a ad for dominos.

*and just for your infromation im in the 8th grade,honors math, adv science, and taking spanish INSTED of reading.*
Old 2003-09-17, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Dont flatter yourself, you havnt been around long enough to really make the list.

My point is, for those who need a summary. Is that it is not the size of the ad or it's placement as the fact that it's there at all in a game i'm paying for (not for much longer dependign how it looks). As a side fact that loading screen seems to pop up a lot of times when it didnt use to now, so i do think it has affected my gameplay experience.

As to the eighth grade thing i'm not even going to touch that, your world is too controlled and ordered for you to truely be crazy. Having said that I whould recomend reading over spanish at this point, better to get your own language to where it's readable before working on someone elses si?

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-09-17, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Your confusing reading with lanugage arts and, I'm not very good in spelling; and the reason it dosen't have propper cap. and i shortened words is becuse, Yo soy perszoso. Understand now.

Last edited by STEALTHKILLER; 2003-09-17 at 05:36 PM.
Old 2003-09-17, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
ghost018

Wah wah wah. There's an advertisement on the loading screen. Let's all cancel our subscriptions!

ghost

Old 2003-09-17, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Phaden
Contributor
Major

yeh honestly, it might "miff" me slightly, but nothin can or is gonna be done about it, so if they wanna make there money, so be it. If it REALLY pisses you off, just cancel. If it doesnt piss you off THAT much, then just try to deal with the fact that a company is making money off of you.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion