Chalk me up as another vet that loves Planetside2 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: GG Lag
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-17, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Paperboy
Private

Re: Chalk me up as another vet that loves Planetside2

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Such arrogance. Pity that an eloquent and well thought out OP by a vet who dares to admit that he actually likes PS2 attracts this kind of trash.
The weakminded usually resort to namecalling when they have no counter argument to bring to the table.

Thank you very much sir for showing us your level of intelligence!
Old 2013-01-17, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
belch
Contributor
First Sergeant

I watched the uproar on the Battlelog forums when BF3 wasn't exactly what every single BF vet thought it should be.

Yeah, you guys stomping your feet and swearing to leave (but never actually leaving) remind me a lot of those BF guys that did the exact same thing. Hell, a bunch of you probably are the same guys that said you were coming to PS2 because BF3 was such a travesty....

Nothing wrong with having opinions...but if you truly think the game sucks so much that you truly are leaving, how about you leave already?
Old 2013-01-17, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Such arrogance. Pity that an eloquent and well thought out OP by a vet who dares to admit that he actually likes PS2 attracts this kind of trash.
Opposed to those who reply when people 'dare' to admit they don't like the game?
Old 2013-01-17, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Paperboy
Private

Originally Posted by belch View Post
I watched the uproar on the Battlelog forums when BF3 wasn't exactly what every single BF vet thought it should be.

Yeah, you guys stomping your feet and swearing to leave (but never actually leaving) remind me a lot of those BF guys that did the exact same thing. Hell, a bunch of you probably are the same guys that said you were coming to PS2 because BF3 was such a travesty....

Nothing wrong with having opinions...but if you truly think the game sucks so much that you truly are leaving, how about you leave already?
Then stop asking questions.
Old 2013-01-17, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
belch
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Opposed to those who reply when people 'dare' to admit they don't like the game?
Problem is, it is not just a reply from people that dare to admit that they do not like the game.

It is usually some ridiculous diatribe, complete with insults to those that enjoy the game despite it's current flaws.
Old 2013-01-17, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Paperboy
Private

Originally Posted by belch View Post
Problem is, it is not just a reply from people that dare to admit that they do not like the game.

It is usually some ridiculous diatribe, complete with insults to those that enjoy the game despite it's current flaws.
It helps when you change the negative tone of the voice in your head while reading.
Old 2013-01-17, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
OnyxD
Private

Played Planetside 1, prefer Planetside 2.

Planetside 1 had some great high level features, but the core game just wasn't as good. I could never shake the laggy floaty feeling of the game and the guns didn't sit right. At it's core it's an FPS so this is the most important thing to get right, and Planetside 2 nails it.
Old 2013-01-17, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
IamEternal
Private

there are plenty of people that dont like the game and have stated so in forums, then there are people that try and bash the game, make ludicrous statements like compare it to games it has no resemblence to, and resort to name calling.

Paperboy you have no room to comment on someone being insulting. "To OP you're not a veteran, I dont believe any veteran dares to call this game worthy of being a sequel to Planetside." and "clearly you dont know shit about Planetside or Planetside 2". you've insulted both myself and Illtempered simple because you're upset that the game isnt exactly the way you want it. Too effing bad. The world doesnt revolve around you. Its a great game with a large player base that is only going to grow as things are added. Please dont post unless what you have to say has merit and will be beneficial in some copacity to the development of the game or to the members of this forum. Flaming is just unnecessary and frackly show your level of ignorance to the whole gaming community.

Ironmole I apologize for the miscommunication. Yes you did try to bring facts and I concede to the kill cams as they must have been removed before I started playing again. the no facts comment was for paperboys post immediately after yours. Most of your other statements really dont make PS2 any different then PS1 or BF. I remember riding in my mag. I drove it and operated the main gun at the same time. I dont know where you get that this is somehow different from PS1. A lot has been brought over from PS1 like base capturing and perks for certain bases. How certs can effect the game is even fairly similar. Yes everyone can spawn the basic vehicles, but if you want the anti air, or good armor pen, and anti personel variants you have to use certs. so instead of me have to unlock three different vehicles, I already have the chasis all i need is to unlock the different gun platforms for it. I still see so much more in PS2's similarity to PS1 then in it's similarity to BF. Im not sure If I am missing anything but I'm sure if I am you guys will try and bring it up as testament to my idiocy, in which case I can refute it then.
Old 2013-01-17, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Figment
Lieutenant General

Eternal, maybe you should look up the 50 of pages on the topic "Kill cam" on PSU...

It changed from a "look where I'm sitting!"-cam on enemy player, to a floating body cam that's deliberately limiting a dead player's situational awareness due to player feedback.
Old 2013-01-17, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
IamEternal
Private

Figment did you read? I just posted that I concede the Killcams. I was unaware as they were removed before my start in PS2.
Old 2013-01-17, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Paperboy
Private

Originally Posted by IamEternal View Post
I remember riding in my mag. I drove it and operated the main gun at the same time. I dont know where you get that this is somehow different from PS1.
And I dont have the facts? rofl, clearly I was spot on when I said that you didnt know shit about both games, I will say no more, I will leave you bathing in your own ignorance.

Please dont post unless what you have to say has merit and will be beneficial in some copacity to the development of the game or to the members of this forum. Flaming is just unnecessary and frackly show your level of ignorance to the whole gaming community.
We tried to be constructive through the entire beta, they had 5 months to change gamebreaking bugs and left them in at release, SOE will do what they want anyway, we dont mean anything to them but a cow that can be milked.

Also learn to quote, it will cause less confusion.

Last edited by Paperboy; 2013-01-17 at 04:08 PM.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
IamEternal
Private

That's why. I played exclusively Vanu PS1. The Mag back then had the driver operating a weapon. I confused it for the main gun. Please excuse me I was mistaken. I think I prefer this way. I would imaging it would be extremely boring to be a driver and have nothing to do. I never realised though that the other factions had such diferences in their tank designs. I think I prefer this simply for balance purposes. If you have to many variations between factions the cry turns to imbalance and favoritism.

But yes you are right Paperboy. I was unaware and I apologize for that. I was going off of what I remember from playing PS1 years ago. I loved the game and am excited to see it reborn and look forward to it slowly maturing into a new planetside. I'll be sure to do more research next time even if my memory tells me otherwise. Perception can get you hurt lol.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
sneeek
Private

I also love Planetside 2, for all its annoyances.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Ironmole I apologize for the miscommunication. Yes you did try to bring facts and I concede to the kill cams as they must have been removed before I started playing again. the no facts comment was for paperboys post immediately after yours. Most of your other statements really dont make PS2 any different then PS1 or BF. I remember riding in my mag. I drove it and operated the main gun at the same time. I dont know where you get that this is somehow different from PS1. A lot has been brought over from PS1 like base capturing and perks for certain bases. How certs can effect the game is even fairly similar. Yes everyone can spawn the basic vehicles, but if you want the anti air, or good armor pen, and anti personel variants you have to use certs. so instead of me have to unlock three different vehicles, I already have the chasis all i need is to unlock the different gun platforms for it. I still see so much more in PS2's similarity to PS1 then in it's similarity to BF. Im not sure If I am missing anything but I'm sure if I am you guys will try and bring it up as testament to my idiocy, in which case I can refute it then.
Yeah, the kill cam got removed along time ago due to complaints. Hate the things personally!

That's the problem, they geared PS2 more towards BF3 rather than it's predecessor. This disappointed me and others a lot. All I/we want is PS2 to be more like the game Planetside was. We want it to be unique, not the same as every other AAA FPS.

I welcome the new changes of the engine and gun play, I personally love the ADS mechanics. But there's a lot of things that I and many others personally feel should have been kept, even implemented at the start and been the main focus. Instead SOE had other ideas and thought it was for the best, fair play to them...

Planetside had a hack and hold timer capturing system. Which meant regardless of numbers, you could still hack and resecure. They decided to choose the system that BF3 uses... Numbers game.

Class system. PS had a great system with certs. Gave meaning to define my character as to how I wanted to play it. Fair enough, may have been difficult to learn in a sense, but like many games - you learn the system, you interact. SOE decided to go down the route of BF3, again. Limiting weapons to classes which effectively made you have to play a class. Want to snipe? Have to choose Infiltrator. Want to blow up a tank? Go switch to Heavy... Even to the point that dropping ammo on the floor was a similar system to BF...

Planetside had such a system that I could hybrid my class, it made the game skill based. People argued that everyone played the same setup - granted, but at least it was their choice. This also favored for smaller outfits to do what they did best (this is another major problem).

Vehicles. MBT's had main drivers and gunners. Granted the Magrider had a gun for the driver, it wasn't the main canon - that was for the gunner. PS2? Let's make it BF3... As Smedley stated "It's more fun this way"...

There is so much more that I could go into, but it just falls on deaf ears... Continents, Outfits, Meta-Game, etc...

Such a lot of Planetside's mechanics could have easily been kept and adapted for Planetside 2, would have gave the game it's uniquness again and not just become some other FPS...
Old 2013-01-17, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Paperboy
Private

That's why. I played exclusively Vanu PS1. The Mag back then had the driver operating a weapon. I confused it for the main gun. Please excuse me I was mistaken. I think I prefer this way. I would imaging it would be extremely boring to be a driver and have nothing to do. I never realised though that the other factions had such diferences in their tank designs. I think I prefer this simply for balance purposes. If you have to many variations between factions the cry turns to imbalance and favoritism.

But yes you are right Paperboy. I was unaware and I apologize for that. I was going off of what I remember from playing PS1 years ago. I loved the game and am excited to see it reborn and look forward to it slowly maturing into a new planetside. I'll be sure to do more research next time even if my memory tells me otherwise. Perception can get you hurt lol.
Apology accepted, and I apologize for being a blunt bastard.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion