What are your concerns about ps2? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This statement is false.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-11, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Re: What are your concerns about ps2?

I hadn't really considered hackers/modders until other people mentioned it hear. NOW I'm worried about them. Dammit! I was so blissfully ignorant... Fucking hackers, man...
Old 2012-07-11, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Audiofly
Private

I hope it keeps it's tactical plays from ps1. my concern is it becomes less tactical and more cod/raghgh. im not sure how vehicle battles will go if lodestars are not present on release, not able to transport vehicles from a base, and repair/rearm.

supply lines and defence of, how will this happen. or do we just deplete the resources at every oppotunity?

im a support player so not sure how an advmed/lodey/ CE engineer will fit in. im open to change, dont get me wrong. but is there anything to change to?
Old 2012-07-11, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Base "whack-a-mole" wont be an issue. I think every attempt to cap a base is set up somewhat like an game match in BF3. Enemy caps a point and starts the "capture score" ticking up (in the way that tickets would count down in BF3). If the defender controls more points, their "capture score" will go up faster. Base ownership is decided once one team gets that capture score to max. So if you control more points in a base than an enemy for a longer period of time, you'll get the base. No whack-a-mole required.

I only worry about hackers. Yes, the Devs have a plan to deal with them, but it's still my biggest concern.
Old 2012-07-11, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Russ
Corporal

My biggest concern is really balancing classes. I feel it will be really easy for classes like HA to get OP really fast then get nerfed to almost uselessness. Same goes with the infiltrator, where right now i only see them as beign scouts and using their riffles to zoom in on an area to get intel... and maybe do some counter sniper activity but not really get anything in terms of points for doing so.

Granted i still think being a scout is viable, your faction really needs good intel to counter attacks or to attack properly, but for the average PuG who needs to level up they may become useless.
Old 2012-07-12, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

Edit for post-posting realization: Class balancing should be of priority. And not just the classes, the weapons and the weapon attachments and all certs should be balanced. Just like talent trees and skill traits are balanced in other MMOs.

Map balancing is another concern. With so much land to cover, and each territory being unique, it would be difficult to balance that.

But I get over this fact because it is much more realistic and if it makes for an easy capture then it benefits whoever is attacking. If it benefits the defender then that means the assault will be difficult but it makes the position that much more valuable.

Hackers won't be too much of an issue since SOE has fairly sophisticated internal tech to deal with the problem. Plus they have hired staff whose job is to go around and actively locate them in-game. This information is from a discussion between Higby and TotalBiscuit in one of TB's videos.

Last edited by AzureWatcher; 2012-07-12 at 12:47 AM.
Old 2012-07-12, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by AzureWatcher View Post
Hackers won't be too much of an issue since SOE has fairly sophisticated internal tech to deal with the problem. Plus they have hired staff whose job is to go around and actively locate them in-game. This information is from a discussion between Higby and TotalBiscuit in one of TB's videos.
I want that job. How much fun would it be to walk around stomping on hackers like cockroaches?
Old 2012-07-12, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
xnorb
Sergeant

* Low TTK
* Weak vehicles
* Cheaters
* SoE going the pay2win way
* No enter/exit animation + instant enter/exit
* SoE listening too much to guys that don't understand that balancing
doesn't mean making all weapons dealing the exact same amount of damage

Maybe more, but Beta will tell
Old 2012-07-12, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
fod
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by xnorb View Post
* Low TTK
* Weak vehicles
* Cheaters
* SoE going the pay2win way
* No enter/exit animation + instant enter/exit
* SoE listening too much to guys that don't understand that balancing
doesn't mean making all weapons dealing the exact same amount of damage

Maybe more, but Beta will tell
^for me it is these and
3d spotting
health regeneration
armor regeneration (IF its there)
squad spawning (it really needs to be extremely limited)
mbt's not having the option for a dedicated gunner for the main gun
low TTK again because imo it seems REALLY low in the videos

Last edited by fod; 2012-07-12 at 04:00 AM.
Old 2012-07-12, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Im concerned that there will be a big lack of Teamplay . I hope they implement alot of things that encourage teamwork. I know theyre trying to appeal to a broad audience, i just hope they dont forget what makes planetside unique. I didnt really play ps1 but i know alot of people really love the game and its one of a kind. I know change is a good thing as long as they dont totally change everything and rip its heart out. So thats my biggest concern is that even though i didnt play ps1 it will lose its heart and not be the game it should be. Hopefully we can all get in beta and they will listen to our suggestions and ideas and make changes to the things that dont encourage teamwork.

I have seen a lot of people talking about the one man tank driver/gunner debate and i hope they put it back to where its two people also. Just alot of little things like that, that concern me and i feel like may change the game overall and make it more lonewolf friendly. If i want to lonewolf i can do that already in a billion other games. I wanna play on a team and win and lose as a team.
Old 2012-07-12, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Exodan
Corporal

Originally Posted by PlaceboCyanide View Post
4) trolls, Free 2 Play will attract trolls and griefers like moths to a flame
This concerns me, especially as the game has friendly fire. What's to stop some little fucktard from shooting their team mates just because?
Old 2012-07-12, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Firearms
Sergeant

*PPL treating Beta as release and whinging rather than submitting stuff constructively
*High TTK encouraging TF2 style running around like loons rather than controlled tactical play
Old 2012-07-12, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by fod View Post
^for me it is these and
3d spotting
health regeneration
armor regeneration (IF its there)
squad spawning (it really needs to be extremely limited)
mbt's not having the option for a dedicated gunner for the main gun
low TTK again because imo it seems REALLY low in the videos
Higby nailed an enemy with 2 rounds from the BIG NC bolt-action sniper rifle without killing him. Either the TTK is too long or that rifle is underpowered.

I was raised on the instagib, I'll take as low a TTK as the Devs will give me ^_^
Old 2012-07-12, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by AzureWatcher View Post
Hackers won't be too much of an issue since SOE has fairly sophisticated internal tech to deal with the problem. Plus they have hired staff whose job is to go around and actively locate them in-game.
Allow me to be concerned anyway.

Sophisticated tech is all well and nice, but it's never enough. And the tougher the cheat detection, the more likely it is it will produce false positives (which would be a disaster and cause much outrage), or is very intrusive and possibly causes issues with people's systems.

Yes they NEED actual GMs monitoring the game. The problem is though, they'll need a LOT of manpower to cover all servers at all times. Staff is expensive. So just how many "cheater hunters" will there be? My guess is that the answer is "never enough".
Old 2012-07-12, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Carnage
Sergeant

Ping, Lag, server locations...
I live in Australia... MMOs often get shafted as no1 will keep a server going for long and we need to login to an overseas server with 1 second or so lag... and that causes me pain in an FPS... most FPS's are unplayable on distant servers...
Old 2012-07-12, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

I'm concerned that there won't be enough Mosquitoes to kill.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion