Can the TR ever win? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where everyone gets to cry nerf.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-03, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Ducimus
Sergeant

Reguarding TR Markov,

I'm not sure what to say really.

I know that my outfit and everyone in it are old hands in the TR. Most of us have been here since PS went live; we've always been about tactics instead of the zerg - and let me tell you, we're all very much frustrated. Been so for quite some time.

The zerg for the most part is comprised of D2A. They recruit any body they can. They're no 666th. They have a nasty habit of being fixated on a singular object. If they set out to capture a base they tend to ignore EVERYTHING else. Down gens, back hacks, NC or VS owning every tower on the cont other than the one their at..etc etc.

The rest of the empire is generally in an alliance. I'm not sure what the story with D2A is, they're either part of the alliance, or their making their own, i dont know anymore. The TR is more or less divided into 2 "poltical" camps, D2A (and 1 associate outfit ive heard of), and the rest of the TR.

Most of the other outfits will go work on another cont, and avoide the zerg, or try and pick up all the shit D2A and the zerg chooses to ignore. Other times we're inadvertnatly paving the way for the zerg with our own operations. Alot of times (ok most of the time) the whole TR on a cont gets corraled into a base, and the night ends with the typical "Alamo".

As to the CR5's, they're like any other group of people. A few winners, a whole lot of losers. Considering how few victories we have, i'm amazed we have so many of them; often contradicting each other, or acting like jackass'es on global chat. Hardly anyone pays most CR5's much mind anymore. Too much Bullshit.
Old 2004-03-03, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by Fencer
Allow me to elaborate a bit better here. As we all know certain items in the game are by design created to turn slower than others. However in the current setup it's very easy to bypass the restriction by cranking up your mouse sensitivity.

For example lets say bob keeps his sensitivity on 50% and then gets into a MAX. Suddenly he realizes he's turning slower so he cranks it up to 100% and suddenly he no longer turns slower anymore.

Get the idea now? It's using the option to bypass a designed flaw in something. You can read all about it here.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000010.html

I guess the proper term is "abuse" and not actually exploit, but you get the idea.

The same sort of thing happens with the phoenix so it can be more manuverable than it's meant to be. It will be intresting to see how the fix they say they'll do at the end of the post will affect the phoenix.

What about the guy that plays with the sensitivity at 100% all the time? Should he be nerfed?
Old 2004-03-03, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Fenrys
What about the guy that plays with the sensitivity at 100% all the time? Should he be nerfed?
No.

I play TR with no maxes and I play at about 75% sensitivity.

Old 2004-03-03, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Fencer
Private

Hey I play with high mouse sensitivity too. I think a lot of us do. Go read the thread I linked to. What you're talking about is the reason the thread exisits.. however I will say this.. they are gonna fix it, it will affect certain things. Yes, it will be a nerf for those of us using higher sensitivites than intended for that item. Should it be done? Well.. if the reduced turning radius is intended as a penalty to balance something and it's being bypassed, even if unintentional.. well.. yeah. If it should or should not be that way, well that's a balance discussion about that particular item.
Old 2004-03-04, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
BDMJ
First Sergeant

I can't believe this is four goddamn pages now.
Old 2004-03-04, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by BDMJ
I can't believe this is four goddamn pages now.
TR winning to mouse sensitivity bitching.

Gotta love PSU.

Old 2004-03-04, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
TheN00b
Colonel

Back to the TR:

It's funny, because even though TR MAXes are not on the level that NC or VS MAXes are at, I believe that the DC is simply the way to go for the TR. Last night, a couple of other people were using it, and it was devestating . I, along with several othe Engy/Medics, camped behind two DCs, and held off the Lashern00bs charging the BD hallway for ten minutes! For an idea of the math, that means that 6 guys (4 Engies+2 MAXes) held off a total of around 40 people for a huge chunk of time(And, mind you, those 40 people attacked us quite a few times, due to respawning, so all in all we probably killed about 200 'clones'). Now, if 6 guys can do that, what could a platoon do?
Old 2004-03-04, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Ducimus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheN00b
Back to the TR:

It's funny, because even though TR MAXes are not on the level that NC or VS MAXes are at, I believe that the DC is simply the way to go for the TR. Last night, a couple of other people were using it, and it was devestating . I, along with several othe Engy/Medics, camped behind two DCs, and held off the Lashern00bs charging the BD hallway for ten minutes! For an idea of the math, that means that 6 guys (4 Engies+2 MAXes) held off a total of around 40 people for a huge chunk of time(And, mind you, those 40 people attacked us quite a few times, due to respawning, so all in all we probably killed about 200 'clones'). Now, if 6 guys can do that, what could a platoon do?

The TR design concept has always been, "More is better". I think it carries into EVERYTHING the TR has.

From tanks, to buggy,s to MAX's. We spew more bullets, and place more chairs in vehicles than any other empire. So ya, if a bunch of max's locked down, more is better.

Of course the kink to all that is, More is better works for ANY empire.

The thing about your average TR player is this:
"If it doesnt get me kills, its worthless".

Example of this is after the balance pass, everyone dropped strikers like a load of bricks. Players had to be litterally forced to cert into AV before anyone would use them; now they're everywhere, and they're effective, bugs and all.

As to the DC, i imagine 3 or 4 DC's could shred anything. But good luck trying to get people to cert in one. Anyone in a TR MAX is basically a dead man walking. MAX's in general are having life expectancy issues, and i think TR MAX's double so.

I've always been able to make do with what we have, and try to adapt to the problems, but i'm a minority in that view.
Old 2004-03-04, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Not much...because you can only fit in a limited number of MAXes...and god help you if an intelligent pair bring forth some decimators.

Sure, the VS only cert HA, but eventually a few will grow brains.

Defense in depth can be devastating, but generally something happens to foul it up. I've seen some impressive set ups as a TR that some idiot ruins.

One case, there was literally about three layers of defense set up at the backdoor (first level of steps, at the corner where it goes into the base and then a wide fan inside that door that blocked any access). Then some idiot n00b parks an AMS over top (it was a TR AMS) and the cloak bubble makes it so you can't see what was coming out of the corridor. Despite repeated requests, the AMS was never moved (even the Emerald TR have their share of bone-heads...but they're readily indentified by their backpacks ) and the NC eventually broke in because you couldn't see them till they were in your face.

The DC MAX is not *that* effective. Quasars and ScatMAXes would have done just as good of a job, just require different deployment. The Quasar, in particular, is murder in such a battle. Those bolts are fast, shoot fast, and damage lots. Get two or three in there...ugly for an attack. If you're accurate enough to use a DC, you can use a Quasar with *no* problem.

It's not that the TR MAXes are bad weapons that don't work, they just aren't nearly as powerful as the other two empires. Look at the AA MAXes, the Starfire is near insta-death for aircraft, the Sparrow in groups can wipe the skies clean (one is not so much of a threat). The Burster? Not really a big threat. Most successful pilot is NC, followed by the VS. My TR pilot has no luck because those MAXes down you in two seconds. The Burster can take down an aircraft, but rarely with the ability that the other two manifest. That's the way it works across the board too.

And now we've gone from TR to Mouse sensitivity to TR MAXes...shall we discuss vehicle buffs next? Prowler < Vanguard...I don't care what the devs say.
Old 2004-03-04, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
TheN00b
Colonel

Krin, the thing is, at least 2 of us were Adv. Meds, so even when our MAXes died, we'd just revive and repair them, then keep on fighting. And, since they were spiked and we were crouching, the MAXes literally formed a wall of steel that orb-lash couldn't get through, and when the orbs hit them, we'd just keep repairing. Good times. Still, I agree with you that, in general, The DC is inferior to the Quasar and the ScatMAX. However, in defensive situations, DC's+plenty of Engineers can be pretty sweet, possibly better than anything else.
Old 2004-03-04, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Pray they never discover thumpers Plasma nades would throw a ***** in that plan. With the VS, you don't have to worry because their thought process is "Lasher...Lasher...Lasher...Lasher"....still waiting for someone to try and attack my sniper character with a Lasher from 150m+ (hey, the NC did it with a Jackhammer...those guys are probably now using Lashers) but eventually someone will.

Coordinated squad would send two guys with Decis, shoot the middle MAX, two guys with thumpers lob in as many plasma nades with 3 second fuses as they could before getting shredded, kill off the infantry behind the MAXes most likely. Other six guys with lashers charge in and wipe up the MAXes. Not going to happen in a zerg, but I've seen more than a few crews put together stuff like that (Sturmgrenadier springs to mind...).

You'll stop the idiots who are bandwagoneers, but watch out for those veteran troopers.
Old 2004-03-04, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
TheN00b
Colonel

True, but when you're righting agaibst the VS nowadays... Let's just say bandwagoners have a huge impact...
Old 2004-03-04, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

That they do...my BR always sky-rockets when I play those bandwagon guys. God bless the mindless targets.
Old 2004-03-04, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
TheN00b
Colonel

God bless them indeed. I managed last night to Surge up to a Mag being repaired by 7 guys, and kill them all with my MCG .

EDIT: It must be nice to be TR: You'd never have to worry about bandwagoners joining you .
Old 2004-03-05, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
sPooT
Contributor
Corporal

no
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion