News: SOE Announces Partnership with MLG - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whiners with credit cards
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-25, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: SOE Announces Partnership with MLG

as of this post, outfit wars has 100 down and only 56 up. if we can discourage the shit out of this mlg/esports shit, its a step in the right direction. if soe is shown that the playerbase will go and say FUCK YOU over it, perhaps they'll get the idea of how retarded they are.

Also, basti, umad?

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-25, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
Then it's not eSports. If you want eSports you will get instances. It's their plan.
Btw, UES has nothing to do with eSports, what planet do you live on?
I live on a proper planet, the one where to see things you need to think.

Your UES has all the coverage and the rules of a full-fledged cybersport event. All it lacks is a monetary prize.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-01-25, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Strategy
Private

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
They are out of their minds.

This push for E-sports is retarded.
I don't understand why they are even trying this. This game is incapable of being competitive. Not only that, it won't garner any popularity on the MLG circuit.

Last edited by Strategy; 2013-01-25 at 06:04 PM.
Old 2013-01-25, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
You're wrong on a lot of points here. For one, most competitive gamers are more interested in large scale fights than small scale. The small scale is old, it's not hard, and in the end it's not nearly as interesting from a competitive point of view. Large scale, epic fights, that involve *teams* organizing are what the competitive gamers out there want. I'm not refering to the Halo bads and such, more to the hardcore PC gamers.

eSports are competitive, however balance has never been the defining feature of them. All games are unbalanced in certain ways and the moba games are a perfect example of a massive eSports genre that has some of the worst balancing of any game genre.
6v6 and small scale in Planetside wouldn't even be interesting. Planetside is about outfits, as many many many PS1 vets have said, and it's about domination. 6v6 and small scale do not fit anywhere in that category which is why I believe they've stated MLG and PS2 will be WORKING to develop a system for the eSport.

And lastly your statement on FNO shows how out of context you are. It's obvious you have no idea about FNO, eSports, and in general it seems like you have no clue about PS2.
Firstly you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Balance means everything to any competitive player/team And Secondly i would like to add the following.

Balance. 6V6 with Same guns, Armor, Ammo ect. This is what "Competitive" players want. Skill V Skill.

LOL. 5V5 Same Champions, Same items, Tactics/Counters and skill wins games.
SC: 1V1 What the best SC players do in the world, Is mind boggling. Hense the massive prize pool. Because it is exciting. Everything has a counter. And it is somewhat completely balanced. Skill > Anything.

So next time you think. Balance has nothing todo with it. Look at the top Esports games in the world right now. And that is number 1 priority on the developers minds and the players minds.

If you can watch FNO for more than 10 minutes. Good for you. But playing is boring enough let alone watching it.

You speak to any Paid gaming pro's.Especially FPS ones they will laugh at you if you say PS2 Esports.

Last edited by Pella; 2013-01-25 at 06:10 PM.
Old 2013-01-25, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Balance. 6V6 with Same guns, Armor, Ammo ect. This is what "Competitive" players want. Skill V Skill.
Terrorists can't buy M4's and Counter-Terrorists can't buy AK. Yet the game they are present in remains one of the most known esport shooters.

You speak to any Paid gaming pro's.Especially FPS ones they will laugh at you if you say PS2 Esports.
You can't imagine how wrong you are.

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-01-25 at 06:24 PM.
Old 2013-01-25, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Terrorists can't buy M4's and Counter-Terrorists can't buy AK. Yet the game they are present in remains one of the most know esport shooters.
Lol yes, I'm fine tuning my CS:GO skillz as we speak.

You any good sith?

And i am currently on Mumble with about 15 of EUs best CS:GO / CS: 1.6 players and i asked them about PS2 and they all laughed at me when i said they are making it esports.

Last edited by Pella; 2013-01-25 at 06:18 PM.
Old 2013-01-25, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Lol yes, I'm fine tuning my CS:GO skillz as we speak.

You any good sith?
1.6 was good, Source was perfect, CS:GO was a giant leap backwards. I had a team of cybersport reporters, we planned to launch a project, but got very disappointed by the product and cancelled it.

And i am currently on Mumble with about 15 of EUs best CS:GO / CS: 1.6 and i asked them about PS2 and they all laughed at me.
I also can say anything.

Old 2013-01-25, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Pella
Captain

Yawn..
Come for a chat, And yes new CS:GO update today and they are all crying about it. Even though they asked for the changes.

Last edited by Pella; 2013-01-25 at 06:22 PM.
Old 2013-01-25, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Come for a chat, And yes new CS:GO update today and they are all crying about it. Even though they asked for the changes.
It's 4-20 (am) here, so I'm off to bed... *yawn* indeed. Maybe some other time.

Old 2013-01-25, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

So because its an MMO I suppose enemies could intentionally ruins someone chance of winning a given competition by having entire outfits hunt that person. and it would be fair - since were supposed be killing enemies.
Old 2013-01-25, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Pella
Captain

The question is. How do you ge 100man outfits to events? Who is going to pay?
If its online streamed hackers will spoil it simple as that.

And the biggest thing. I dont see anyone sponsoring outfits.
Old 2013-01-25, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I also can say anything.
and you are wrong.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-25, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

The question is. How do you ge 100man outfits to events? Who is going to pay?
If its online streamed hackers will spoil it simple as that.

And the biggest thing. I dont see anyone sponsoring outfits.
Payment - participation pool.
Hackers - I mentioned it in that post with Q&A. An event of that importance will be watched closely by an admin.
Sponsorship - it really depends on how perfect the system is. Sponsors themselves are not as greedy when they see an opportuinity. Modern multigamings can hit that 100 man cap in no time, yet most of them do have quite a few sponsoring companies.

Answers to all the following questions will be given tomorrow.

Old 2013-01-25, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
NCLynx
Major

Another nail in the coffin lol

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2013-01-25, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Beerbeer
Major

Kind of stupid. Can't see how this game can support "competitive" play, at all, unless they plan on having matches in a sand box, same empires and no certs.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion