3rd person, let's just bury this. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It'll make ya feel better
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-25, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

Re: 3rd person, let's just bury this.

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
evilpig is a closed minded idiot whoes outfit is dead and way past its prime.
o.O That was random.

In my dreams, there would be absolutely no third-person. At all.

However, as it stands, third-person is only reserved for aircraft and even then there is no HUD and the camera isn't fixed so you cannot accurately aim. So this is acceptable.
Old 2012-07-25, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Raymac
Brigadier General

evilpig is a closed minded idiot whoes outfit is dead and way past its prime.
Seems he just wants to keep creating pointless threads on an already crowded forum to try to stay relevant and justify all his "SOE's most awesome-est player" awards. Next we'll see the thread "I'm glad Maxes are still in the game" followed by "Why I think there needs to be bases"

Old 2012-07-25, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

@Raymac

I actually smacked my head on the wall when I saw that, it made me laugh
Old 2012-07-25, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I like where this thread is going.
Old 2012-07-25, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sephirex
Major

Thread lock with an image of a gravestone and the word "Buried" would be amazing right now.
Old 2012-07-25, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Seems he just wants to keep creating pointless threads on an already crowded forum to try to stay relevant and justify all his "SOE's most awesome-est player" awards. Next we'll see the thread "I'm glad Maxes are still in the game" followed by "Why I think there needs to be bases"

Awesome

Old 2012-07-25, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by AzureWatcher View Post
o.O That was random.

In my dreams, there would be absolutely no third-person. At all.

However, as it stands, third-person is only reserved for aircraft and even then there is no HUD and the camera isn't fixed so you cannot accurately aim. So this is acceptable.
You clearly don't know what I do.

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Pretty much this. This thread is just EP trying to remain in people's conciosness when he is actually irrelevant. Its just attention grabbing.

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
@Raymac

I actually smacked my head on the wall when I saw that, it made me laugh
Amusing because its true.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

You clearly don't know what I do.
Oh, you're right.

So, from what I am gathering, evilpig won some award with his fame and is now struggling to maintain his popularity?

By the looks of things, it doesn't seem it is working.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BlazingSun View Post
Two suggestions/ideas:

#1: Have a character window that you can open, which also displays your character in 3D, meaning you can rotate the view etc.

#2: A command that enables some kind of "camera mode" (the point of view can be rotated around the character ingame) with limitations to make it useless in combat: disables the HUD, takes 3 seconds after entering the command to take effect and takes 3 seconds, after closing this "cameramode", to be able to shoot again.
#1 good idea. I forget which MMO it was (maybe EQ2) that had a "dressing room" window where you could see how your character looks in different clothes/armor, with the ability to rotate the model. Even that is better than just a static front-view of your character on the loadout screen.

#2 this too has been brought up before, and I support the idea. However how high is it on the lists of developer priorities? Probably just after "adding BFRs". Sadly.

I am amazed by the tankers who don't want a 3rd person perspective. Or maybe envious is the right word. I can barely drive in first person, let alone drive and shoot at the same time. And driving vehicles over rough terrain in first person almost makes me feel carsick.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Speaking as a tank junkie, I don't think vehicles need 3rd person either.

Yeah I have driven Tanks in Red Orchestra 2. First person only from inside the tank with only windows, and hatches to peek through. Also loads of stuff to get stuck on everywhere way more complex terrain than Planetside 2. Yet I can still manage to drive the thing where I want to go. Third Person view for vehicles is just a crutch people are used to an don't want to let go. It's not exactly needed. Even less so for Aircraft who don't get stuck on anything.

I am not a fan of the current hybrid system they are using. Where you can go third person but lose your cross hairs. This just means everyone will have to use third person for driving/flying and target acquisition then switch to first person purely for shooting. Since if you stay first person all the time you will have less total awareness an be at a disadvantage. I would like to see third person view only for the large transport vehicles that do not have driver attacks like Galaxy/Sunderer.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by AzureWatcher View Post
Oh, you're right.

So, from what I am gathering, evilpig won some award with his fame and is now struggling to maintain his popularity?

By the looks of things, it doesn't seem it is working.
Well, he did create a bogus 'community' awards program to help maintain something of an image. Not saying Hamma didn't deserve the award, but I'd sure like to see how the awards winners are selected.

Old 2012-07-25, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Sephirex
Major

Guy is an active part of the community.

What a douche.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
#1 good idea. I forget which MMO it was (maybe EQ2) that had a "dressing room" window where you could see how your character looks in different clothes/armor, with the ability to rotate the model. Even that is better than just a static front-view of your character on the loadout screen.

#2 this too has been brought up before, and I support the idea. However how high is it on the lists of developer priorities? Probably just after "adding BFRs". Sadly.

I am amazed by the tankers who don't want a 3rd person perspective. Or maybe envious is the right word. I can barely drive in first person, let alone drive and shoot at the same time. And driving vehicles over rough terrain in first person almost makes me feel carsick.
Nice that at least one person read my post, with all the bashing of the thread starter going on here. Although I do admit, that at one or two ocassion I was led to a somewhat similar conclusion regarding his posts on the PS forums .. but that's no issue really.

Last edited by BlazingSun; 2012-07-25 at 07:34 PM.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Well, he did create a bogus 'community' awards program to help maintain something of an image. Not saying Hamma didn't deserve the award, but I'd sure like to see how the awards winners are selected.
Oh, so there's no particular reason for him to be disliked other than the fact he makes silly threads?
Old 2012-07-25, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
NumbaOneStunna
Sergeant

Pretty much this. This thread is just EP trying to remain in people's conciosness when he is actually irrelevant. Its just attention grabbing.
Actually, in the previous 10 pages of Planetside 2 Discussion, EVILPIG has made only a single thread. (this thread)

On the other hand, your stupid comment seemed WAY more of an attention grab than this thread. Lets not forget the fact that this thread was not an attention grab, it was a legit persons view on a controversial issue.

Seems like you are the one who is starved for attention, or a hater. But clearly one of the two.

And no, I am not just saying this because I am in his outfit.

Last edited by NumbaOneStunna; 2012-07-25 at 08:20 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion