Mission Impossible Pilots? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This isn't the forum!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Is this a concern for you as well?
Yes 66 43.71%
No, I'm a Winder Licker 48 31.79%
No, I'm a Mouth Breather 37 24.50%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-02, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Re: Mission Impossible Pilots?

Why inhibit amazing one-in-a-million moments from happening? This is hardly an gameplay breaking situation. You guys are spoilsports.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
zomg
Staff Sergeant

I can't believe it that people actually get annoyed by something like this...
Old 2012-07-02, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Seagoon
Corporal

This specific stunt is not annoying, its rather based on luck.

But being able to consistantly bail and fire guided missiles like that other vid would be very annoying, why should the winner of the dogfight be the one at a disadvantage?

Also the whole denying the winner the reward is kind of annoying too, just bad sportsmanship. Fair enough if you have the ejection seat upgrade and you might survive, but if you are bailing to suicide on the ground, then that is just lame.

Simple solution to all this:

1. Stop Heavy Assult from flying (really they should not be driving non open topped vheicles either, same in PS1, would give a good reason for the buggies)

2. give credit to any suicide to the player who last shot the pilot or the pilots vehicle for 1 min. For example, the player A or his aircraft is shot by player B, player A bails, when he dies from hitting the ground player B gets the kill. Or player A's aircraft or himself gets shot and he bails but survives, if he kills himself via boomer or somthing within 1 min of landing, then player B gets the credit. If player C kills player A before player A can suicide, then only player C gets the credit.
this suicide rule should apply to everything, not just aircraft.

Last edited by Seagoon; 2012-07-02 at 11:50 AM.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
wraithverge
Sergeant

this was done by the scythe pilot who was killing everyon in one of the tb videos, either 2-3 not day 1.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Was the guy who did this in the tb vid able to kill another aircraft while free falling or did he just bail then get back into his own aircraft before it hit the ground?
Old 2012-07-02, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Dreamcast
Major

Some dude already did that at e3......He bailed out then got back in and never crashed

Everybody worshiped him.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Zar
Sergeant

inless it's changed the planes can take quite a bit of dmg one missile from a sky ninja will not kill them inless they have taken ton's of dmg id just boost and ram him in mid air >.< np with this
Old 2012-07-02, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

ummmm Some one does this in one of the planetside2 videos using a light assault (could be E3)

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-07-02, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well I made the poll as a joke, but clearly it's being taken seriously.

If dogfighting turns into an infantry game, I think we will need to stop this from happening. I don't like the immersion break this will add, but PS2 pretty much put immersion out on the street corner and beats it half to death if it pulls in less than a grand a day.

Old 2012-07-02, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Seagoon View Post
1. Stop Heavy Assult from flying (really they should not be driving non open topped vheicles either, same in PS1, would give a good reason for the buggies)
Problem solved.

Old 2012-07-02, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Policenaut
Sergeant

Why would you want to take something like that out? It's something a very small percentage of people would try, and an even smaller percentage would be able to master.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
We had this really nice discussion going on about how Auraxis is really a moon, will have to dig up the link... Anyways its my opinion that Auraxis has an artificial earthlike gravity offsetting the lack of mass on our lil old planetoid. Of course I dont know if the gaming environment has the same gravity as earths if its less then it would take longer to fall from the 3000 foot flight ceiling.
Simple. Auraxium, in regards to mass, is very dense and heavy.

The planet's/moon core contains a lot of Auraxium.

This would allow for the relatively small moon to have a mass similar to Earth.

Same concept as a neutron star, kinda.

Last edited by Bravix; 2012-07-02 at 02:02 PM.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

The stunts are cool to see, but yea, leave that for the BF3.

If they implement some realistic physics and the ejection seat does it's job correctly, ejecting you away from the aircraft, the likely hood of re-boarding is pretty damn low, if not impossible. PS1 did suffer from the "I am a pilot with a bazooka in the cockpit, if I lose I will bail and shoot it at you" mentality on occasion.

I think any AV should be "stowed" automatically when I pilot gets in, and cannot be accessed again until the aircraft lands properly and the pilot "retrieves it from the trunk". Not a trunk like in PS1, just an icon on the body of the plane that reactivates the usage of AV. This way HA can fly planes without everyone bitching about the "bazooka in cockpit" events.

However, if you bail and manage to kill the other plane with your beamer, which I have seen done, GOOD FOR YOU!!

Last edited by Eyeklops; 2012-07-03 at 01:29 AM.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
archaonn
Corporal

I would like to kill people when they are on a vehicle. If you shoot a cockpit with aircraft ammo you should be able to kill the pilot.

And i dont mind having the posibility of swaping the aircraft, is something thatll probably never happen, so i dont mind.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Zalmoxis
Sergeant

First off, if anybody can do this then they are skilled enough to kick his/her opponent's ass with the aircraft they were piloting. So, why not do it with style? Plus, no PS2 infantry launcher can OHK any vehicle at full health. They did discuss this in a E3 coverage I saw on youtube and a developer said that the reason for this is that it's due to the sheer amount of players.

SO this can never actually happen here and if it does, then it would be extremely awesome.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion