PSU Admin

no

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-01, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
AeoNELiTe
Private

Hey Derv....

1) The reason for weapons inspections are not to prove that Saddam Hussain has chemical and biological weapons, its to prove that he has disarmed them as he claims, to which the United States has large amounts of evidence to indicate the contrary.

2) NPR is a bashton of Democratic reteric and almost all of the information given through NPR is drawn in a light to make it seem as if G.W.B is working against the United States. THAT is the propaganda you speak of.

3) The Economy began declining as GB was taking office, and has suffered massively because of fears about rising oil prices which effect dozens of other industries. These fears are mainly due to the required military action that was and still is being taken, in response to the attacks on September 11th and internation terrorist threats.

4) Bush is a Cristian, and is only trying to protect the lives on innocent Americans, even (unfortunatly) people like yourself. His policy is "attack before they attack us" not "attack preemptively in response to something that didn't happen".

Waiting for something to happen and responding has, can, and will cost thousands if not millions of American lives. The policy of the White House to eliminate potential terrorist threats and safehavens, as well as money and aide sources, to try to stop terrorists BEFORE they attack innocent Americans.

5) North Korea is being dealt with Diplomatically for the time being, and the prospect of war with North Korea is essentially World War 3, because China and NK are close allies and both contries are nuclear powers. China has the largest, 2nd most powerful army in the world, with over 1,000,000 soldiers in the Army alone. Also, North Korea has not repeatedly lied and manipulated the international community, which is why the United States and its allies are optimistic that a diplomatic solution can be found. The US has stopped all aide shipments to NK upon it announcing the reactivation of their Nuclear weapons program.

6) Of the several hundred thousand soldiers in the Gulf War, around 300 were killed. Saddams forces are less than half as powerful as they were in 1991. The estimated survival rating for a possible war with Iraq is close to 99.4%.....

and to the rest of you, if you don't like political debate then make your own damn thread, I'm having fun....

Old 2003-03-01, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Just a thought, maybe if the US would get rid of most of thier WOMD then these rogue states would be more likely to comply, becuase nobody doesn't like a good role model, well... unless it's George Dubya Bush.
Old 2003-03-01, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Let this thread die a peaceful death please!
Old 2003-03-01, 03:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Amen brotha! (you could "help" by closing it...)
Old 2003-03-01, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

sorry vic

DIE THREAD DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Old 2003-03-01, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

I aint sorry, it was supposed to die after my first response, an OFN remark over an OFN remark should have killed it...
Old 2003-03-01, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Derv
Staff Sergeant

First of all, I don't care how much or how little Bush is involving his religious beliefs in this, the point is that it is a fact that he is using them in politics. I don't believe in any religious beliefs so it therefore makes me feel very uncomfortable when the two are combined. And wasn't it set down by our forefathers not to mix religion and politics?

And yes, I agree with you about our economy, however Bush has not done ANYTHING to help it. I think that his first priority should be America, and second America's enemies. Especially since we basically have Iraq by the balls they don't seem like a huge threat to me. We have inspectors and such in there all the time. And btw, the "required military action" of which you speak of in response to 9/11 is not required... Although it was a horrible event, we have not been very successful in our military actions and I believe that they over did it just to make Americans feel better about what happened. Violent retaliation isn't always the best way to approach matters, however it is almost impossible to do anything against such an odd form of attack. Isreal has been struggling with terrorism for a lot longer than we have and look at them. I don't want to become what they have, a nation constantly being threatened by terrorism and always in fear.

And you must be mistaken about his policy. I read it in an article and it WAS called the Bush Doctrine. This was a republican article also, because it was supporting his actions. He did call it Preemptive Counterattack.

I hope you don't believe that terrorism can be stopped... Even if we kill off part of a terrorist network (because it is impossible to find every member of a terrorist network) there will always be others because the fact of the matter is, we have COMPLETELY different beliefs and ideals, so there will always be hate between the United states and Muslim nations. Terrorism is practically in their religion, because when they "die for their cause" it is said in their religion that they will go to a comparative "heaven" and be received by many virgins who will make their after life "enjoyable" I guess you could say. So there will always be suicide bombers and such as long as the muslim faith exists, and I don't see it disappearing and time soon...

As for North Korea, I don't care how many people China has, a few nuclear bombs can kill millions of people... I don't think you understand the power of nuclear weapons. This also relates to when you were talking about how many deaths we would have if we attacked Iraq. If Iraq or North Korea has nuclear bombs or biological weapons, these weapons used could kill a VERY large number of people. It doesn't matter how many tanks or men we have on the battlefield when these weapons are used. So if you don't feel that our soldiers are in any threat of being bombed by such a horrific weapon, then why do you feel there is a threat of New York City being bombed by such a weapon? If Saddam were smart, which he is seeing as he has written many novels, (they are mostly romance novels which I find pretty interesting...) then he will use these weapons on our army or even our country while we are attacking them. It also seems that Saddam doesn't mind killing his own people so the chance of him nuking his own land would be greater.

I hope we can argue more about this =)
Old 2003-03-01, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Derv,

No IT WAS NOT SET DOWN NOT TO MIX RELIGIONA ND POLITCS HAVENT YOU READ THE CONSTITUTION AND THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDANCE?

"We deem that all men are created equal by thier Creator"

They weren't reffering to their mothers.

The founding fathers felt that RELIGION WAS VERY VERY IMPORTANT.

What they did not want was for the USA to say"Okay, only XX Religion is allowed"

That is the ONLY RESTRICTION.

Religion guided everything the founding fathers did. Go do some research, read the constitution, the bill of rights, and the federalist papers.
Old 2003-03-01, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Kill eachother!

KILL KILL KILL!!

Old 2003-03-01, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Derv
Staff Sergeant

Then why is there separation of church and state?
Old 2003-03-01, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Hamma
PSU Admin

Religion only fucks up polticians and politics. :|

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-01, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Speration of Church and state is to keep a RELIGION from being established, not to bar all religion.

Look at the money in your pocket, the great seal of the USA..

The declaration of Independance...

Freedom of Religion means you are free to practice, or not practice ANY religion...
Old 2003-03-01, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I Like people who know what they're talking about
Old 2003-03-01, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Originally posted by Hamma
Religion only fucks up polticians and politics. :|
If you took away religion politics would still be fragged.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge