Kill Streaks - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Plug and Play
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-10, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
moosepoop
Captain

Re: Kill Streaks

thats because you probably havent played cod much or have the memory of a goldfish.

i still have nightmares of killcams of aimbotter with the gunship.

the devs mentioned a killstreak reward, most teens are gonna think of cod.

maybe you have some weird age phobia, i want a lot of people to play this game.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2011-07-10 at 09:06 PM.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Coyote
Private

when I hear call of duty the first thing that comes to my mind is not kill streak, and vice versa.
The first thing I think of when I hear Call of Duty is the pandoras box of high-pitched screaming, yelling, crying, racist, anti-everything, cussing, loudmouthing that consists of 96.9% of the entire CoD online community.

I don't want 96.9% of the CoD community in Planetside. It's not my planetside to dictate, but having players that will never be happy will always result in more people being unhappy because of that first person's unhappyness.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
people are going to think about modern warfare 2 when they hear killstreak because that game sold millions of copies around the world. not some obscure ancient dinosaurs from before gaming went mainstream.
Yeah, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and TF2 are obscure and released before "main stream gaming".

PCs were never used to play games before the Xbox 360 and PS3 were invented. Those consoles were also not the 2nd and 3rd generations of consoles from their respective companies either. I didn't play Goldeneye and boast about going on killing streaks against friends before I could drive a car.

Dude, you're fucking stupid.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2011-07-10 at 09:07 PM.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Bags
Lieutenant General

thats because you probably havent played cod much or have the memory of a goldfish.

i still have nightmares of killcams of aimbotter with the gunship.

the devs mentioned a killstreak reward, most teens are gonna think of cod.
I asked my friend first thing that comes to mind when I said Call of Duty

"Clusterfuck"

I asked him first thing that comes to mind when i say kill streak

"mm-m-m-m-m-onsterkill kill kill killl"
Old 2011-07-10, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
moosepoop
Captain

sounds like you guys dont like cod not because of gameplay mechanics, but theres average normal people playing on them. u sound like bitter omega males.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Evilmp
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
PCs were never used to play games.
Agreement is had. All hail notepad.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Bags
Lieutenant General

sounds like you guys dont like cod not because of gameplay mechanics, but theres average normal people playing on them. u sound like bitter omega males.
I just realized I'm arguing with someone named moosepoop.

Why the fuck do I bother...
Old 2011-07-10, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
moosepoop
Captain

i dont know, but all i wanted to say was if devs mention not just killstreak, but "killstreak rewards", its gonna raise comparison to cod. no need to vent all your omega male rage on me, bro.

*flex biceps
Old 2011-07-10, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Coyote
Private

We don't like CoD not based on all of it's gameplay (to be fair, as far as a full encompassing video game it is fun, and interesting when all players are interested in playing the game)

We don't like CoD based on the fact that is has changed the entire genre for the worse, making our game devs that once wanted to make games fun and interesting look at dollar signs and go "I want dollars. Fuck game design." it's been coming on strong for a long time now, long past are the AAA games being developed for Niche crowds with small audiences, we now need to make dumb games for dumb people (looking at you, Zynga)

We're being elitist not because we're elitist, we're being elitist because the attitude that modern day games brings directly clash with our original ideals and how we 'grew up' in video games. We look back at Nostalgia and see video games you've never heard of before. You look back at Nostalgia and only see games that most will agree, while fun, were damaging to the games industry as a whole and only served to be cash cows in the long run.

I don't think my post made any sense.

Last edited by Coyote; 2011-07-10 at 09:15 PM.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Funny thing is I've played COD quite a bit. It's more of a real life I can shout at you face-to-face friends game than an internet game.

Compared to staring wonder-eyed at nintendo 64 under the tree when I was 12 to today I see little but a sum-total of progress. Except DLC, that shit is annoying.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
moosepoop
Captain

coyote, im not disagreeing with you that going mainstream, video games have attracted a lot more average people. the jocks in school that used to mock "gamerrrs" now play games too.

im just saying, just dont include killstreak rewards, period, and it would attract less of these people. if the management forces the devs to include it, make it not game breaking, but it has to be still fun and not pointleslly redundant. aight?

*rubs testicles
Old 2011-07-10, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

As long as I can turn off the audio for the kill streaks I'll be fine. I'm one of those players who rely's on sound to the point that if my headset dies I'm about as useless as it's going to get in terms of playing agmes.

Don't want to get 5+ kills only to die to a cloaker I didn't hear pulling his pistol.
Old 2011-07-10, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

CoD didn't invent killstreaks. What the fuck kind of fairy dust are you smoking?
Old 2011-07-10, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

Do we at least get to choose the announcer? If not, then toss that shit in the trash. I don't need to know I'm owning, I can tell just by getting private msgs from the opposing team.
Old 2011-07-10, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by ZeroOneZero View Post
Do we at least get to choose the announcer? If not, then toss that shit in the trash. I don't need to know I'm owning, I can tell just by getting private msgs from the opposing team.
H-H-HH- HACKER!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion