Higby Sniper Tweet - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Unofficially the most official unofficial fansite.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-27, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Higby Sniper Tweet

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
yea, if it looks like this:

its the NC trying to rebel against fashion and copy write laws.
I'd like to compare it to something else. To one green dude that can never rest because there are always forerunners, the flood and covenants. And I'm not talking about russian goverment...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-01-27, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ratfusion View Post
That might still be the assault rifle / MA equivalent, just with upgrades. It looks similar to what we've seen of the gauss.

The outline of that building in the background is intriguing. Base or tower with the twin landing pads?
I agree with this; even though he says "the early bird snipes the TR," I think he just means "strikes the TR with a bullet" rather than "uses an actual sniper rifle against him." That looks like a Gauss with a scope on it (and it's a damn pretty configuration). Also, that armor and helmet are the abso-fucking-lutely best looking NC gear I've seen yet. Stunningly awesome looking.

Hell yeah. And I'm VS at heart

~Zachariah
Old 2012-01-27, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
Also, that armor and helmet are the abso-fucking-lutely best looking NC gear I've seen yet. Stunningly awesome looking.
~Zachariah
I agree, if now we can only see what the Adv. Rexo looks like for the NC. Hopefully just as good.

Old 2012-01-27, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I'd like to compare it to something else. To one green dude that can never rest because there are always forerunners, the flood and covenants. And I'm not talking about russian goverment...
oh yes, thats implied, since afterall this game is clearly a complete halo ripoff with its scifi faction been purple and tanks hovering, aswell as there been guns and stuff.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-27, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I'm crazy about headphones, I have a bunch of sets of cans and amps... it's a sad, miserable obsession.
Just so you know, Higby has a pair of these:
I recognized them from a tweet a while ago.

/jealous
Old 2012-01-27, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

I'm crazy about headphones, I have a bunch of sets of cans and amps... it's a sad, miserable obsession.
I have a set of these.

What would you recommend for a somewhat inexpensive to moderately priced amp? Doesn't have to be tube, but I need more power than I'm getting from the built in amp in my line6 audio interface.

Last edited by CrystalViolet; 2012-01-27 at 09:55 PM.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

I thought that they were removing snipers to encourage direct combat.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-01-27, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
I have a set of these.

What would you recommend for a somewhat inexpensive to moderately priced amp? Doesn't have to be tube, but I need more power than I'm getting from the built in amp in my line6 audio interface.
Image doesn't work, but I'm guessing from the url it's AKG K701s. GREAT HEADPHONES. Probably the best thing under ~$500 IMO.

This is widely thought of as an impressive amp with AKG headphones: http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?mai...&products_id=3 it's a bit pricy.

Honestly, a FiiO E9 will get you 90% of the way there at 1/5th the price.
A common complaint with the AKGs is they lack solid bass response without good amplification pairing, the FiiO is going to get you a lot more power, but it's a bit more neutral than the Lyr so you won't get as much bass slam with it.

I'd go with the E9. Those are DEFINITELY headphones that would benefit tremendously from amplification. A lot of people flip out about headphone amps, "you shouldn't be listening to loud music through your headphones anyways!" etc... it's not about loudness, a good amp will make your quiet listening improve immensely.
Old 2012-01-27, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

So badass
Old 2012-01-28, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Magpie
Sergeant Major

It's NC, blue and yellow thick lines on the side of the gun,

I want this load out! Sorted
Old 2012-01-28, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
i think that might have been from the agn broadcast when matt was on the ipad.

AGN Community Night November 2011 - YouTube

goto: 5:30
Yeah, exactly the one I meant.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-01-28, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
CutterJohn
Colonel

Hmm.. Higby is an audiophile. Well, if nothing else I guess we can safely assume the game will sound good.
Old 2012-01-28, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Hmm.. Higby is an audiophile. Well, if nothing else I guess we can safely assume the game will sound good.
Yup, I thought that.

Holophonic sound in PS2 please Higby.
Old 2012-01-28, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Image doesn't work, but I'm guessing from the url it's AKG K701s. GREAT HEADPHONES. Probably the best thing under ~$500 IMO.

This is widely thought of as an impressive amp with AKG headphones: http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?mai...&products_id=3 it's a bit pricy.

Honestly, a FiiO E9 will get you 90% of the way there at 1/5th the price. Amazon.com: FiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DAC: Electronics

A common complaint with the AKGs is they lack solid bass response without good amplification pairing, the FiiO is going to get you a lot more power, but it's a bit more neutral than the Lyr so you won't get as much bass slam with it.

I'd go with the E9. Those are DEFINITELY headphones that would benefit tremendously from amplification. A lot of people flip out about headphone amps, "you shouldn't be listening to loud music through your headphones anyways!" etc... it's not about loudness, a good amp will make your quiet listening improve immensely.
Great suggestions, the E9 looks like the way to go for me. The K701s are a bit light on bass, but they make up for it with their clairity on all other freqs. I recently tried a set of the Dre Beats that everyone seems to rave about and despite the huge amounts of bass, they were some of the worst sounding headphones I had ever heard. Guess marketing and a big name goes a long way. Most of the stuff I listen to doesn't require huge sub bass anyway, and I can always goose the 60hz slider if I need a bit more thump.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-01-28, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

[snip] ... A lot of people flip out about headphone amps, "you shouldn't be listening to loud music through your headphones anyways!" etc... it's not about loudness, a good amp will make your quiet listening improve immensely.
Amplification doesn't get enough attention - get the right amp for the job - don't get a 1000W amp if you only listen on headphones ...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion