News: Air Combat Video Internal Beta SERVER! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTH is a Mag, and why do I want to ride it?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-24, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Re: Air Combat Video Internal Beta SERVER!

I've been watching the video many more times.

Have you guys hired someone new for the trailers? Shit is blowing my mind. I'm having nerd chills over here.

Everything about that video screams PS1 v2.0 to me. Just look at the old youtube outfit videos of air raids,except now we can do barrel rolls and canyon runs and some badass explosions and laser beams and tracers and sshit.

ssshshhiiiiitttttttt.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
I'm not trolling , i'm telling it how it is , thats my opinion , this game is nothing at all like the original , absolutely nothing at all , for the love of planetside this will be an insult to the game , its not unique , its true that what i say is 100 percent true and i don't mean to offend anyone that is looking forward to this game but this is my opinion , if you don't like that then go have a cry over it
Old 2012-05-24, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
xXGumpXX
Banned

truth hurts guys , i know it does , its like sticking a knife in then twisting it and then twisting it and then pushing it in some more , watch the bloody video and then tell me that this is not BF , i'm suprised they never put any flags in on any of the capture points , oh and i don't recall flying out of bounds in the original game
Old 2012-05-24, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

truth hurts guys , i know it does , its like sticking a knife in then twisting it and then twisting it and then pushing it in some more , watch the bloody video and then tell me that this is not BF , i'm suprised they never put any flags in on any of the capture points , oh and i don't recall flying out of bounds in the original game
Wut? You don't remember the whole 'power link' and randomly exploding when you went too far off the coast.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Stardouser
Colonel

Looking like and playing like BF isn't a problem. We just need to get the TTK up a bit and make sure we don't have Disabling and that kind of thing.

PS2 has already beaten BF3 in my mind just by not having meatgrind maps.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
RSphil
Contributor
Major

holy crap. loved that vid. after seeing the NC aircraft i think i know who im gona try when i play. love the look of them.

EPIIIIIIIIC
Old 2012-05-24, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
xXGumpXX
Banned

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
Wut? You don't remember the whole 'power link' and randomly exploding when you went too far off the coast.
not like getting a warning sign come up like what you get in bf i don't
Old 2012-05-24, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Raymac
Brigadier General

not like getting a warning sign come up like what you get in bf i don't
Someone needs to play Planetside again to refresh their memory

Old 2012-05-24, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
duomaxwl
Captain

In the original if you went too far out, your vehicle died. Though while I agree that I think they could make it a little farther out based on TB's video, the way you are bringing up your concerns is stupid. Mostly because you're commenting on the wrong damn video, but also because you present yourself as a 15 year old kid.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
dpranker
Private

yeah its definitely better to randomly explode and not give you a message

but oh wait they did it in battlefield guess they're the same game now
Old 2012-05-24, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Toppopia
Major

There has to be an out of bounds or else imagine how much land the game would have to load just because of 1 person flying 10 kilometres away from the continent, all games have a boundary, without it then you will have serious problems of people flying away. And these boundaries are only at the very edge of the continent, you won't find one in the middle of the map, well i hope not, so stop stirring up trouble and be quiet.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Awesome vid, but Flight of the Val curies? Really? Couldn't have pick a more cliched track that in no way fits the sci-fi theme of this game. Sorry to bitch and I do really appreciate how cool the visuals are, but I think a remix is badly needed.

Last edited by CrystalViolet; 2012-05-24 at 03:58 PM.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by duomaxwl View Post
In the original if you went too far out, your vehicle died. Though while I agree that I think they could make it a little farther out based on TB's video, the way you are bringing up your concerns is stupid. Mostly because you're commenting on the wrong damn video, but also because you present yourself as a 15 year old kid.
From my experience all players are 12 year old american kids that yell every time they die, so he is probably not 15, maybe 12 or 10.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
xXGumpXX
Banned

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Looking like and playing like BF isn't a problem. We just need to get the TTK up a bit and make sure we don't have Disabling and that kind of thing.

PS2 has already beaten BF3 in my mind just by not having meatgrind maps.
to be honest it does look awesome , it just annoys me that the developers are running battlefield on another computer and then saying lets copy this and lets copy that and lets make the mossie sound like a jet , lets put capture points in the name em A B C D and E like what in bf3 . it just looks to me like the developers and getting all their inspiration from bf3 rather than the original game planetside
Old 2012-05-24, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

INCREDIBLE!

Great vid, and it's amazing to think that was only a "small scale" test!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion