Vehicles are far too SQUISHY! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: lights are on, but there is nobody home!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Ironside
Corporal

Re: Vehicles are far too SQUISHY!

Devs are bringing in another class...Landscape Gardener, you can deploy cacti and rocks everywhere, your kill count will be through the roof
Old 2012-06-10, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
therandomone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zhane View Post
betabetabeta SWING
You sir could be a terrible person in real life, I would still love you for how hard this made me laugh.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Azren
Sergeant Major

The reason ground vehicles seam weak is because you forget that these are one man units now. The devs did not want to give too much power to a single player (for example, look at the rocket launcher hit ratio). The galaxy for example is able to take hits, but it is a multi personal craft. Same might be true for the sunderer, but I did not really that one used much.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Azren View Post
The reason ground vehicles seam weak is because you forget that these are one man units now. The devs did not want to give too much power to a single player (for example, look at the rocket launcher hit ratio). The galaxy for example is able to take hits, but it is a multi personal craft. Same might be true for the sunderer, but I did not really that one used much.
The Gal couldn't take hits. Did too not see the SOE employee blow one up trying to land the thing?

And lmao at the Landscape Gardener class!
Old 2012-06-10, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by lolroflroflcake View Post
When you explode because you backed into a rock you know the collision damage is a little off. What we all need to do in beta is make a bunch of noise about that so its changed. Unless you all want rocks and trees to be even more lethal then they were in the original.
Sort of want.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
fod
Master Sergeant

totally agree
vehicles were WAY too squishy in the gameplay i have seen so far

also it seemed (not quite sure) as if vehicles were taking damage from bullets as well as AV - IMO i think vehicles should only take damage from AV
Old 2012-06-10, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Azren
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
The Gal couldn't take hits. Did too not see the SOE employee blow one up trying to land the thing?

And lmao at the Landscape Gardener class!
It took quiet a few hits from enemy aircav in one of the streams. Do not worry about landing damage, that will probably be altered fast as it does not affect ballance.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Socks
Private

Imo vehicles should have enough time to pull back and repair. From what i have Seen from the stream, this is not the case right now. Easy to change in beta though
Old 2012-06-10, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
EVILoHOMER
Major

I don't like how much damage they get from hitting objects, I think they should be more lenient on that. For vehicle damage from other vehicles or players.... I dunno we cannot tell until the game goes into beta with thousands of players.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Tanks and heavy ground vehicles like the Sunderer taking collision damage kinda kills the immersion of driving a huge steel behemoth for me
Old 2012-06-10, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
I don't think you can count the terrain damage as something representative of how the game is supposed to work when all is said and done.
We could always bring out the BMWs with our nickel plated 9mms.

Old 2012-06-10, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
DEA
Corporal

Give it time and they will get it right.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
FrivolousSam
Private

Vehicles don't need to be tougher, pilots need to suck less.

When you fly an aircraft into a solid surface, it's going to cause a lot of damage. The amount I saw on the streams seemed perfectly realistic.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
TazmamzaT
Sergeant

Will there be the ability to land aircraft?

Title says it. I know for sure that the Galaxy can land, but in the streams it seemed like people were basically just bouncing down with their aircraft and taking damage to them in order to repair them or to wait for people to get into them. Seems like that would be risky business for people who are severely damaged or people who are perfectionists and want to be at absolutely full heath when they fly into the battle. Are the people playing the game unaware of a landing system or is it just not implemented yet if it ever will be at all?
Old 2012-06-11, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
amblingalong
Private

Re: Will there be the ability to land aircraft?

Originally Posted by TazmamzaT View Post
Title says it. I know for sure that the Galaxy can land, but in the streams it seemed like people were basically just bouncing down with their aircraft and taking damage to them in order to repair them or to wait for people to get into them. Seems like that would be risky business for people who are severely damaged or people who are perfectionists and want to be at absolutely full heath when they fly into the battle. Are the people playing the game unaware of a landing system or is it just not implemented yet if it ever will be at all?
I think the main issue is just that vehicles are currently super-squishy, and this will be ironed out in beta.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion