Opinions on Camo Options - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: On every computer in a 3 mile radius
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the camo options?
I like the camo options as they are 54 27.14%
I like the camo, but would rather it be faction coloured. 79 39.70%
I dont want any crazy camo options! 31 15.58%
Keep the camo but make crazy ones REALLY expensive 32 16.08%
Other (Please Post) 3 1.51%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-09, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Craftyatom
Corporal

Re: Opinions on Camo Options

I think it was purrfect who said they're tinting all of the camos for each faction.
Old 2012-06-09, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
What are we, art critics viewing a controversial modern art masterpiece? Everyone knows the camo options all look bad. Everyone saw how stupid it looked on vehicles and body armor in the E3 streams. It's brutal.

Quite obviously not everyone "knows" what you might think... most tend to like camo skins
Old 2012-06-09, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Ironside
Corporal

faction based camo

if i join an outfit and they tell me i must wear zebra, i'll tell em to get f**ked
Old 2012-06-09, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by Craftyatom View Post
they're tinting all of the camos for each faction.
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
faction based camo

Let me see if i really got the point: you guys want camo to be just faction colored (TR = red/black, NC = blue/yellow, VS = purple/teal), right?

Or you just don't want to have cross faction coloring? Like: no red NCs, no blue VSs and no purple TRs?

In the 1st case, i stand by my words: it's mind boggling...

In the 2nd case, i'm with you.
Old 2012-06-09, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

I will hunt down people with Ugly camo. Starting with TB and his loverator.
Old 2012-06-09, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Ironside
Corporal

Originally Posted by Saintlycow View Post
I will hunt down people with Ugly camo. Starting with TB and his loverator.
you won't need to he will be crashing into cliffs and bases
Old 2012-06-09, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by MacXXcaM View Post
Quite obviously not everyone "knows" what you might think... most tend to like camo skins
Well this gets complicated. First, there are the people who want to give Higby blowjobs and will gladly praise any feature PS2 has, even if it looks like dogshit. Second, there are the people who want to run around in clown suits, tea bagging their enemies and generally having a chortle at the thought of their enemy seeing a picture of some goofball in a leopard print set of armor with bling all over his grill as they wait for respawn. Finally, there are the people who like things that are terrible because their brains are configured to like colours which class, and in general are dead to aesthetics.

These are the people who like the skins. The fanboys, the goofballs, and the brain damaged. Everyone else realizes that they look stupid.
Old 2012-06-09, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
These are the people who like the skins. The fanboys, the goofballs, and the brain damaged. Everyone else realizes that they look stupid.
Are you talking about every camo that we could see in the selection window or just the only one anyone in the videos picked out (zebra)?
I can relate if you have a beef with the zebra.

But i like digital, multicam, desert stripe (not an animal skin btw), snow, etc... You know, real camo. If you think that's stupid, you're the one who be trippin.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-09 at 05:09 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Missundaztood View Post
Did anyone else hear during the game play video with totalbiscuit @E3 that cammo/appearance customizations will be fine tuned to suit the empire specific colours at release/beta?

I'm dead against a default standard customization (e.g. zebra print) that every player/empire can attain. The three empires should stick to the default colour palate they are assigned and any customization should be tailored to those colours.
I seen that on one of the streams too.

sunburned zebras! lol

I think the basic military style camo colors should be neutral but when you start getting like Zebra stuff you should make it faction colors. unless there is a world where zebra camo is useful. Sometimes you don't want to hide. you want people shoot you instead.

The idea that you can camo some units and make some stick out more is pretty cool. like someone said you can make a bright MAX but stick a camo eng with him.
Old 2012-06-09, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Zolan
Staff Sergeant

I can tolerate the Zebra and Cheetah camouflage, but it's on the verge of being too ridiculous in my opinion.

I would rather just have camouflage to match the different continental environments and perhaps a few interesting pattern variations of those options (blocky, patchy, etc.).

They could always add an option to hide the "silly" camouflage options.

I'd pay station cash for that...
Old 2012-06-09, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
Are you talking about every camo that we could see in the selection window or just the only one anyone in the videos picked out (zebra)?
I can relate if you have a beef with the zebra.

But i like digital, multicam, desert stripe (not an animal skin btw), snow, etc... You know, real camo. If you think that's stupid, you're the one who be trippin.
I think Warborn is trolling us right now :P
Old 2012-06-09, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Vashyo
First Sergeant

I like em the way they are, more personalized touch for the game. Even Zebra-camo is gonna be useful atleast on Esamir.

Making em faction-colored would just make for less variety and make all camos look bland.
Old 2012-06-09, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Dagron
Captain

I suppose zebra could fly if it has real uses (even though i'd prefer real snow camo)... But this:

Originally Posted by Vashyo View Post
Making em faction-colored would just make for less variety and make all camos look bland.
Bland? It would make us look like comic-con!
Old 2012-06-09, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Rexdezi
Sergeant

For those saying that faction based camo isn't camo at all... look at nature...

Black and White striped camo in an area predominantly green (Zebra in grassland)

Orange and Black striped camo in an area predominantly green (Tiger in Grassland)

Tan with Brown spots in an area predominantly green (Leapord in grassland)

Camo isn't all about the colours. It's about breaking up the lines, and that doesn't change if you make them red and black as apposed to white and blue...

Of course, some are going to stick out... If you put TR specific camo in the snowy regions, then you'll have some problems... maybe give them a light grey, doesn't clash with the factions colours and still works...

Although, in fairness, I don't think these camo's in PS2 have ANYTHING to do with camoflage. It's all about looking different. If you want to blend in, be an infiltrator and use the best camo imaginable.... INVISIBILITY
Old 2012-06-09, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by Rexdezi View Post
Camo isn't all about the colours. It's about breaking up the lines, and that doesn't change if you make them red and black as apposed to white and blue...

Of course, some are going to stick out... If you put TR specific camo in the snowy regions, then you'll have some problems...
It is also true that camo isn't all about breaking up the lines, it's also about blending with the environment without sticking out. Patterns break your silhouette making it harder to hit even while being observed and in movement, colors help you not stick out. Any given situation might demand one, the other or both. I'm pretty sure many strike teams will be in all of those situations in PS2.
You shouldn't discard options because you don't care about using them, you have to think about what others might need aswell.

maybe give them a light grey, doesn't clash with the factions colours and still works...
I've been saying that all along, give everyone any color that's not signature of the other empires.

Although, in fairness, I don't think these camo's in PS2 have ANYTHING to do with camoflage. It's all about looking different. If you want to blend in, be an infiltrator and use the best camo imaginable.... INVISIBILITY
Maybe not to you, but to some people they ARE about camouflage.
Also, invisibility not only is limited to one class, it also isn't eternal: you can't stay cloaked and fire at the same time (i even think the most effective ones have an energy bar, not sure about that though).

I seriously don't understand people's aversion to standard camouflage patterns/colors. They keep saying it's about IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) but they also keep ignoring the fact that there is a bright green name over all your teammates heads.

PS: i know, i'm hanging out in the forums way too much and should probably get back to work or something.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-09 at 07:28 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion