Reloadtitis - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: drugs are bad mmmkay?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-27, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
gufftroad
Corporal

Re: Reloadtitis

Originally Posted by RovingDeath View Post

That's a clip up there; magazines are the enclosed things we use in most modern firearms.

To the point though, I like systems where you don't automatically reload your magazines to magically have a full one every time you reload no matter what, but I also think that turns a lot of people off.

If you really want to justify the magically full magazines, you could always just say we have some capacitor full of nanites that charges them when they aren't in the weapon. Like a battery charger that's part of the character's armor.
THANK YOU glad to see im not the only one ocd about this
Old 2012-06-27, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
RovingDeath
Sergeant

Originally Posted by gufftroad View Post
THANK YOU glad to see im not the only one ocd about this
You sir, are very welcome.
Old 2012-06-27, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
SKYeXile
Major General

I say clips instead of magazines when referring to magazines because it makes people rage.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-27, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I say clips instead of magazines when referring to magazines because it makes people rage.
Why call them anything other than clips at this point? Everyone knows what you are talking about when you say clip. Not everyone knows what you mean when you say magazine.

Be universally understood and get free entertainment in the process? Yes please.
Old 2012-06-27, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Stew
Major

Its a game who cares about recycling the magazine ? I want 3 second reload time MAX and also the entire (( loose unuse bullets )) is stupid and dont fit in planetside 2 This isnt a simulation game its a Semi arcade shooter This isnt a simlator its a SCI-FI arcady shooter and its good this way
Old 2012-06-27, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
RovingDeath
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Why call them anything other than clips at this point? Everyone knows what you are talking about when you say clip. Not everyone knows what you mean when you say magazine.

Be universally understood and get free entertainment in the process? Yes please.
Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
You guys are dicks =P
Old 2012-06-27, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Its a game who cares about recycling the magazine ?
Some of use feel it's a better gameplay mechanic and puts players in a different mindset when reloading. That is reloading is more than a thoughtless process one does every second.

[...] the entire (( loose unuse bullets )) is stupid and dont fit in planetside 2
Planetside 2 is an FPS game. There are two basic methods for bullets. Ammo pools and magazines. Both would "fit" into Planetside 2.

This isnt a simulation game its a Semi arcade shooter This isnt a simlator its a SCI-FI arcady shooter and its good this way
I can't speak for everyone, but personally I don't think this isn't about arcade or simulations. You even said yourself Planetside 2 is a "semi-arcade shooter". So what's the other half? Simulation? If that's the case then you've already admitted even under your own rules it would fit. Also it being a science fiction game bears very little importance to the discussion.

This is just a very large bias for me. I prefer seeing +1 Magazine when standing next to an ammo pack or building a load out and seeing the number of magazines I have as "4 Magazines" and not "120 Bullets". That and I really like the idea of limited ammo and managing magazines. For most players it won't be a big deal, but for extended fights I'd really like in game systems to throw magazines to friendlies. Some of my more advanced resource posts revolve around this concept also so the sooner we have it, the better.
Old 2012-06-27, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
frigamache
Private

This is what I thought of when I read the thread title, I'm not sure what its really about tho.

Old 2012-06-27, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
somers
Corporal

I am hoping for a slightly slower than BF3 reload speed for most weapons, but I do like the tactical reload in which the reload speed is barely slower because you have to chamber a round.
Old 2012-06-27, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by somers View Post
I am hoping for a slightly slower than BF3 reload speed for most weapons, but I do like the tactical reload in which the reload speed is barely slower because you have to chamber a round.
We had a thread based on that. It's slightly why in a few threads I commented that we need energy bullets in a standard magazine for the VS to keep things somewhat similar. The idea of redoing all the VS guns though is probably not something the dev team is up for.
Old 2012-06-27, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
gufftroad
Corporal

you wouldn't call a toilet a sink

why call a magazine a clip they aren't the same thing

there is an old Chinese saying "the first step to wisdom is calling all things by their right name"
Old 2012-06-27, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by gufftroad View Post
you wouldn't call a toilet a sink

why call a magazine a clip they aren't the same thing

there is an old Chinese saying "the first step to wisdom is calling all things by their right name"
If you're using a sink in a similar fashion as your toilet, then the last thing you should be worrying about is the difference between a clip and a magazine.

I understand the OCD about clips vs magazines, but language is an evolving thing and whats most popular is usually what sticks. Only gun nuts and former military know the difference between clips and magazines. Part of being a critically thinking individual is being able to discern what someone is talking about. Part of being an courteous human is not sullying the discussion with trivialities that don't have anything to do with the discussion itself.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-06-27 at 11:59 PM.
Old 2012-06-27, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Vreki
Corporal

I suppose longer reload times could encourage people to stay with their squad, so someone can cover them while they reload.
Old 2012-06-28, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
RovingDeath
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
If you're using a sink in a similar fashion as your toilet, then the last thing you should be worrying about is the difference between a clip and a magazine.

I understand the OCD about clips vs magazines, but language is an evolving thing and whats most popular is usually what sticks. Only gun nuts and former military know the difference between clips and magazines. Part of being a critically thinking individual is being able to discern what someone is talking about. Part of being an courteous human is not sullying the discussion with trivialities that don't have anything to do with the discussion itself.
And this is how we get to the way people speak in Idiocracy. One of the scariest damn movies I've ever seen.
Old 2012-06-28, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
CutterJohn
Colonel

I like that the longer reload will make finishing someone off with your pistol viable, rather than just reloading.

Edit: Its a clip. Language changes. You lost. Stop crying about it.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-06-28 at 07:13 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion