My Opinion on Whats lacking in PS - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Every day I be shufflin'....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-05-05, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Blackout
Private

My Opinion on Whats lacking in PS

Ok first off for credibility , ive been in ps beta for about a month and have been playing more or less nonstop. aside from that, I beta tested for Shadowbane, Asherons call2, Anarchy Online, Earth and Beyond, and helped development in a less popular mmorpg elvenrule. point being, i realloy love mmog's. My favorite to date is the original Asherons call, because the dartide pvp server gave the massive RPG fans a chance to battle each other in a ruthless and sometimes actually frightening environment. The death penalties were very harsh which scared many players away, but if you maintained through the noob stages and could hold you own, it became very very fun.

As you can imagine, when i mention harsh death penalties(ie: item loss) you can see how there were serious rewards for the victor. this is why i played for 3 years. Rare items encouraged a sort of market for trading in game, and with monthly patches generating new rare items, the market was always intriguing. 3 years after release there are still items out there that you have to spend hours(or even days) tracking down, and should you be attacked while holding on of those items, it was truly heart pounding, and the same goes for finding an opponent with the items you need and attacking them, it was a rush.

ok enough babbling about dead games.
My compliment to planetside is that it is the first MMOG since AC1 which truly delivers an exciting pvp element. the rpg system really excites me and i think its an incredible step in MMOGs. However i am noticing that once you aquire BR20 or so, this game turns into tribes2, as mentioned in a million posts, there is no real reward for any of the gameplay aside from bragging rights over your killed enemies.

and whoever looted a corpse?

I think this game could seriously benefit from a rare item economy, it would give purpose to corpses, lockers, and really add some excitement to the battles.

What if there were certain facilities which developed superior weapons and armor/vehicle types or implants, that are faction specific, meaning there would be a VS facility to develop rare VS items, and should the TR's decide to take over that facility they would cut off the VS supply. but while under VS rule, every VS would rush to get their fare share of items, and store them in the locker.

also neutral facilities developing neutral items would be great, maybe only one of these facilities, and it would promote a huge 3 way war. and when you see a NC run into battle with a repeating fire rocket launcher, you could kill him and take it.

long post i know, but just wanted to mention a few points, take it how you like...

and $13 a month sucks ballsac

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion